It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Top kill’ stops oil leak says US Admiral...(Maybe?)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Are you kidding me ?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by SL55T0T0]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hmm..looks like i jumped the gun on this one...the live feed has just come back on for me and it look's the same as it did 24 hours ago....just saw a ROV with a spanner (wrench for you yanks...lol) attached to it's arm going around taping on the outside of the BOP...haha...that's what i do when my PC won't boot...just give it a tap....or fiddle with the internal bit's.

I know this is no joking matter..but i'm thinking of starting a sea food exporting business...fresh CLEAN sea food direct from Australia.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by mack37]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"The top kill procedure is going as planned, and it is moving along as everyone had hoped," said U.S. Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, who is leading the government's response to the oil spill.

This simply says that the operation is going as planned. However there is no statement regarding what precisely was planned.

He then continues on to say that the operation is moving along as everyone had hoped. Yet he does not specify who everyone is, or precisely what they hoped.

So in reality we have political double speak that says absolutely nothing, except something vague enough, for anyone to interpret out of it, what they want to hear.

Mean while according to the live video feed, the well continues to gush on.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SL55T0T0
Are you kidding me ?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by SL55T0T0]

They stuck that in the cloud to see if there is oil.. it looks like it to me.. or is that mud?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mack37
Yeah the blow out has been stoped.!!!
Now for some common sence.
All you people going on about how BP should be run out of town..or better still strung up from the nearest tree make me sick..
Think about this for one minute...BP did NOT own the Deep water horizion rig...it was leased from Transocean....BP did NOT do the cement job on the well head..Haliburton did....placeing the blame on BP is akin it blaming me for a sticky accelerator padal on a TOYOTA that i hired at the airport.
end of rant......flame on...lol

Now for some common sense, if you lease a car and have an accident with it you are just as responsible as if you owned the car, or borrowed the car.

BP selected the Company that built and leased the well to them, BP pays that company, and it was BP planning to profit off of the oil.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Without BP said well would never have existed, and said accident would have never occured.

Evidently there is a difference between your commen sence (your spelling)

And actual common sense!

Mean time the well continues to gush.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Plumber's have similar tools for their trade.

I can't believe they didn't think of this before hand.

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Fill your mouth with the liquid of your choice.
Tilt your head back and insert a straw.
Have someone carefully pour some saltwater mud into the straw.
(keep your tongue over the opening in your mouth)
Now build up a little pressure move your tongue from end of straw.
How'd that work out?

Grab your garden hose take the nozzle off and turn it on.
Hold the running hose upright.
Have someone carefully pour some saltwater mud into the hose.
It wont go in because the pressure keeps blowing it out?
How'd that work out?

Grab your garden hose take the nozzle off and turn it on.
Hold the running hose upright.
Have someone with a straw inserted and taped with a balloon at its end
insert the straw and balloon through the running water into the hose.
Pressurize the straw by blowing into it.
How'd that work out?
Did it slow or stop the water flow?
It's a pressurized bladder seal.

www.piercanusa.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So we are to assume that all the oil has stopped leaking at the moment and all we are seeing is some mud and seawater coming out of this leak. How do we know that they stopped the methane? Because to me that what it looks like and under that pressure it would explain it.
And why did they have to hull in all this mud? couldn't they get it locally and more to the point who profited from that?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
They're having a hearing on the spill now. edition.cnn.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

As far as i know Hyundi heavy industries built the rig...Transocean owned the rig..Haliburton did the cement job on the well head.
But you are correct..BP took the chance to lease the rig..and now are paying the price.Well's at this deepth are pushing the limits of human knowledge and expertise.

As for my spelling...mate give me a break...it's flaming 4:30 am down under..i just got home from a 10 hour shift....my 3 year old son drew all over my keyboard with texter..and ...um....i've had a "few" Jack daniels.

PS. I love your "all roads lead to Rome" thred.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mack37

Alright I will give you a break, and a star too, since All Roads Lead to Rome is the way to my heart!

But I want it known everyone who drives a car or uses gasoline is just as responsible, and I plan on sueing!

If I have to peddle the 13 miles to the nearest Federal Court House on my bicycle I am going after everyone involved!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aussie_Rock
And why did they have to hull in all this mud? couldn't they get it locally and more to the point who profited from that?

It isn’t the mud you get out behind your house. Drilling/kill mud is heavily doped with bentonite, and other metals/materials. It is far heavier per gallon, than the mud from your back yard. And it won’t clog or settle like normal mud. Otherwise, it would be impossible to pump down a mile long pipe, with fittings, connections, valves, and all.

Ow……. By the way. It is also expensive as hell……

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Oii..

Evidently there is a difference between your commen sence (your spelling)

look's like you can make typo's too...lol

com·mon
   /ˈkɒmən/ Show Spelled [kom-uhn] Show IPA adjective,-er, -est, noun
–adjective
belonging equally to, or shared alike by, two or more or all in question: common property; common interests.
pertaining or belonging equally to an entire community, nation, or culture; public: a common language or history; a common water-supply system.
joint; united: a common defense.
widespread; general; ordinary: common knowledge.

Much respect.
MACK

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It sure doesn't look like Top Kill worked to me... Still alot of hydrocarbons coming from that well. Wonder what that US Admiral is talking about?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Maybe they are talking about nuking it like the Russians have suggested.
news.yahoo.com...
Who knows.

He is an admiral.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mack37

Except I did that on purpose!

Every one knows it's con-man cents where the oil companies are concerned!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

So how come the WKRG channel 5 is still showing the 4 different gushers?
Eather it worked, or I was right that BP was runing a Loop program of 10 secounds, and someone forgot to turn it off, cause on my live feed its still gushing. So someones LYING.

I don't trust BP, or the Goverment:: points to the thick red goo on his beach:: Its endless, and no ones here cleaning it up. ::shakes fist and curses like a drunken sailor on R&R::

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They really need to stop this.

"27/05/2010 - 18:29:30
Marine scientists have discovered a massive new plume of what they believe to be oil deep beneath the Gulf of Mexico, stretching 22 miles (35km) from the leaking wellhead north-east towards Mobile Bay, Alabama.

The discovery by researchers on the University of South Florida College of Marine Science’s Weatherbird II vessel is the second significant undersea plume recorded since the Deepwater Horizon exploded on April 20.

The thick plume was detected just beneath the surface down to about 3,300ft (1,000m), and is more than 6 miles (9.6km) wide, said David Hollander, associate professor of chemical oceanography at the school."

source

www.breakingnews.ie...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
im watching the feed right now and it looks just as bad as it was last night??? The admiral needs to keep quiet because this obviously isnt working....yet. Hopefully this will stop, but what happens if it doesnt?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Look at the live feed everyone... if you just compare it to previous video, YES, you can see mud coming out, but here is the clue...

The DARKER mud means it is just diluting the oil, by MIXING with it. You can see where the lighter mud is escaping is where it is mixing with gas and not oil. The footage looks no different to me, and it is still RISING. Just consider those few minor details for a minute and you can see that gas and oil are still pushing out.

It doesn't seem to me that this effort is working at all. BP said that they have 50,000 barrels of this mud? If you go by the less conservative estimates of the amount of oil coming out a day, that mud will be gone already. What happens if the next delivery of mud doesn't get there in time? Maybe from bad weather? If they ease the pressure off even in the slightest amount, whatever mud they've pumped in will just be ejected back out.

The physics just don't add up. I don't care how heavy the metals are in that mud, the pressure coming out of that well head was enough to BLOW UP AN OIL RIG!!!! Let's not forget that it's sitting on the ocean floor right now. The only way to solve this is with a relief well, and they are still 2 months out from completing that.

IMHO, this whole effort is just a big song and dance so that the world can see that they are "trying" to fix this, so that when they fail, we won't be able to say that they didn't try. If I were to guess, I would say that by this weekend, you'll get the news that the leak was not stopped.

~Namaste

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
if if is muddy looking then that is mud not oil. Google for the diagram of the top kill procedure and you will why mud isspewing out

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join