It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Change Down Below: Explosions And Sea Floor Collapse At Blowout? (BP may be up to a cover-up)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Okay, before I start-I just started reading about the oil mess in the Gulf. Well, I came across this BLOGGER page that allegeds many things, one being the BP is using loop footage on its Hole cams and that there is large explosions still occurring down at the bottom-causing the hole to enlarge and leak more; all while being told things are getting better. Now, sometimes bloggers are better that any media.

Please review his excellent outlay of what he beleives he uncovered and the related videos and pics to support his claim(s). It did look pretty convincing but I think we need some ATS experts (LOAM!!) to review this one (and the update info).

Here we go-i suggest you go here to see all the vids and pics. To many to put here: Source: monkeyfister.blogspot.com...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, May 23, 2010: I've put everything back into proper chronological order, and have begun adding images and video for documentary purposes.

I've been watching the live Spillcam, and discussing it with folks, here all day long. About 5pm last night, we all started taking note of gas bubbling out of the seabed floor. It started earlier than that, actually-- see pic a few posts down. About 1am this morning, the eruptions began to increase in spew volume.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0961da1266fd.jpg[/atsimg]

At about 8am, CDT, as I watched, things started changing rapidly. Where the water around the two major gush points used to be very clear, it is now super turbid, and detritus is flying everywhere in a chaotic manner. seabed venting is obvious to see when ROV cameras pan around.

Yet-to-be-confirmed rumors are that the casing wall has finally worn through, about 300 feet below seabed, at an annulus (coupling), and the gas and oil are now finding a new way out to the seabed. Not good news, as it will make the Top-Kill/Junk Shot nearly ineffectual... At the least, it means that more pressure and mud/cement is going to be required.

Screengrab of the early Morning Chaos Event. Everthing went up all at once. ROV was perfectly stationary. EVERYTHING went "BOOM" and black:

The entire range of field erupted at once. Everything. Everywhere, and then the pipe went GUSH!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd5372536ff4.png[/atsimg]

Update: Here's a screen grab showing the new hole in the seabed. That's not the riser end from a new angle. This was grabbed while the ROV on the riser end was panning around. The BOP is over 600 feet away, so it is not that, either.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03fe4351da0a.jpg[/atsimg]What the First Noted Venting Hole (TNVH) turned into 18 hours later. Same pair of broken pipes, Riser end is in same position, except everything has settled down a few feet, and the hole is bigger. that's an ejection rim. Those two broken pipes are more exposed. A lot of earth got moved down and away all at once.

UPDATE 5:45pm CDT: A brand new MAJOR eruption is happening. tune into the SpillCam at BP.com . It's black, all you can see is a cable. It started with yet another GUSH plume/tornado. Oh, dear-- now, we can see that that is a LOT of oil--and a BLIZZARD of Hydrates..

UPDATE 6:03pm CDT: The current eruption is way, way worse than the several that occured earlier. I think this might be a "Main Event" situation.

UPDATE 6:45pm CDT: An hour after the start of this most recent eruption, and it is still just a wall of oil, methane crystals, and gack. Our Favorite Disaster Bot is damaged, and needs an oil change and the windshield cleaned. Up it goes. look at all the giant plumes in the water column... wow!: Cut to black.
(i edited out the swear words):

UPDATE 7:35pmCDT: Live feed of recent blowout froze-up, requiring a reload of page. All of a sudden-- no more black chaos-- just the current clear-water gusher view. I suspect loop tape, but I have the screen grabs from the entire day, below. If there is another delay in the "Top-Kill/Junk Shot," you'll know why.

Grab of the last moment as OFDB left site, below. You can dimly make out the lights of the lighting rig, lower center of pic image-- That is the signature of a major event... not some bot churn. Those lights should be illuminating more than a foot radius.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6586d36731d.jpg[/atsimg]

UPDATE 8:15pm CDT: Top-Kill Delayed. Imagine my surprise.

UPDATE 11:51pmCDT: Another major eruption. These are not coming from the riser. They are coming in to view from elsewhere, even in the long, high-view shots. Sometimes from behind the ROV. Twenty-four hours of near non-stop SpillCam viewing, and not one look at the BOP.

Link to the Monday Blog/Update (go there to see latest info, pics & vid): monkeyfister.blogspot.com...
Snip from it:

BP decided to run a repeat of the afternoon eruption i the late night, when they figured no one would notice. Our absolutely brilliant friend (did I mention he's a Mac User?) had it in him to record, and make a screengrab contact sheet of the event.

Below, you see the Riser pipe end, and a whole lot of the landscape blowing out. It spun Our Favorite Disaster Bot at least 360-degrees, before it recovered. Somewhere after the third blowout of the day, BP hauled it up. The ascent video is posted just below. It's clear that something went crazy along what is left of the pipeline from the Casings through BOP to the terminal Riser end-- the Poster Child of the disaster.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2f5881cc34e.png[/atsimg]

And so it goes.... Big eruptions, big flumes of oil, looping of Video by British Petro. I don't think it is getting better down there but worse. This blogger seems to know what he is talking about. I think BP is lying to us and not able to handle the problem down there. No doubt B.P. is up to something-covering their butts mostly.
Any ATS oil hole experts care to chime in?

[edit on 5/25/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Horrifying

absolutely horrifying

Thanks for posting this

No words for what's happening

No wonder they're keeping us distracted with other stuff

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I know I am reaching, but what is the timing between this and this:

"something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh....Star from me for the work.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I happened to be watching the feed when there was some sort of explosion, and like the pictures show, the camera view was obscured for about 5 minutes while the oil was just shooting out like crazy. I even ran and got my fiance to come take a look. IMO, there's enough pressure under there to make that thing blow like a true volcano. Except we won't be getting ash plumes and molten rock. We'll be getting oil rain. I can see it coming.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It only makes sense. I am not a mathmatician, so if someone who is could do the math I would be interested in finding out how large of an area is emptying out. How many gallons per day plus they say 300x's that amount of gas is escaping over the course of a month....how many cubic feet is that? It is bound to collapse. But, my question is how big of an area is fixing to collapse?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
An amazing find. Looks like they were tapping unto an oil volcano! BP are scum, MSM never has told us the truth, why would they change now.

The destruction to the ocean gets more immense each day. My main question is will they ever cap this monster? I think it'll be a long time til they do.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

As I watch it now it looks as though there is a big hole surrounding the pipe area. They also added a time stamp which is in eastern time and other info, but I'm not sure what it all means.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ok, the seismograph went off at 1630GMT. What time was it when this happened? Anyone know?

This event started around about 8am, CDT.

Whats the time difference?

Edit to add: Babbling
[edit on 25-5-2010 by liveandletlive]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Existing Thread from the same blogger source.

Good info. I had a hard time searching to find this thread, so no offense to OP. Plus this OP's thread has updated info and pictures, so Star and Flag anyway!

I am thinking there might be something to this. The satellite pictures are looking significantly worse. The underwater footage has never been too reliable and it would be sooooo easy to do a 4 hour loop, I doubt any of us could detect a long loop. Plus we have the odd seismic activity and the limited access to news crews.

This thing is very, very bad, but we won't know how bad for years!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
It only makes sense. I am not a mathmatician, so if someone who is could do the math I would be interested in finding out how large of an area is emptying out. How many gallons per day plus they say 300x's that amount of gas is escaping over the course of a month....how many cubic feet is that? It is bound to collapse. But, my question is how big of an area is fixing to collapse?

Yes I would also very much like to know. How many states will be swallowed up into a several-mile deep underwater oil cavern if the entire pocket, previously maintained by pressure, suddenly collapsed?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is a great thread. Perhaps this is really a giant oil volcano and TPTB know it. That would explain why it appears that they aren't doing enough (or anything) to clean up or stop the flow. They know that there's no point in trying to stop it.

What a catastrophic event.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I don't think that is covering what this is nor the accusations they are making. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see it.

I am glad you appreciate the thread though.

I have to say, I am very concerned now. I am hoping more experts come on in and give it their take.

I wonder if they aren't covering something else up. Like some type of new or banned drilling they were doing and now, all hell has broken out.

Well the good news ;( is the BP Pres said earlier that he promises to clean up every drop of oil. He's got a lot of work to do then. I am sure they are taking in mentally hard but in the end, they will work to protect the corporation first.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I think it is the exact same event, but it might be two different bloggers? That would be even scarier. If several people were monitoring the live feed and saw the blowout and saw the feed get looped back to something normal again, then we would certainly have a conspiracy!!

Here is a quote from page two of that other thread. I think it sums up the point of the OP in the other thread. Still, I like your set up better, and you provided all the pics and explanations while the other one only provided a couple of links.

Originally posted by faceoff85
Here's the post of that monkey fister

Monkeyfister on May 24, 2010 - 12:23am Permalink | Subthread | Parent | [Parent subthread ] Comments top

Hi.

I'm Monkeyfister.

I live-blogged all of that all day. Little sleep. But all the images are real. I wrote it as I witnessed it. Lots of other folks were watching, too.

I sure would like to better understand what I saw. Three major eruptions in less than 24-hours. I've been pretty glued to SpillCam all week, and have seen nothing as violent as what happened today.

Is it possible that the riser pipe is acting like a giant garden heater coil, and thawing hydrates, and forcing them up? That's my only gues as to what I saw... beside casing failure. I don't know which would be worse.

Sounds like its getting worse by the minute... I'm a long ways from the gulf but I must say this stuff gives me the shivers... what else are we in for?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
Ok, the seismograph went off at 1630GMT. What time was it when this happened? Anyone know?

This event started around about 8am, CDT.

Whats the time difference?

Edit to add: Babbling

www.timeanddate.com...

I plugged it in there and got 1630GMT comes out to 11:30 CDT, so 3.5 hours difference if your time stamps are correct.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This may turn out to be yet another incident where the ATS community is more informed and a better source than either the government-fed MSM or the Corporate driven BP propagandists.

Good Job everyone.

I hope this turns out to be incorrect, because frankly, the ecosystems at that depth are still barely understood by what passes for main stream science (which is to say corporately-funded career researchers desperately trying to get media exposure).

This particular oil field spans a HUGE area, and considering that before the tragedy occurred (or was allowed to happen?) there were estimates that it would have taken 100 years to deplete it at a rate of 500,000 barrels a day, this could be globally catastrophic in the long run.

Given that we're talking about a mix of liquid and gas hydrocarbons... who knows what the chamber below could look like, or what characteristics it may have (brittle, flexible, capable of supporting its own volume under pressure?)

What is clear is that BP hasn't a CLUE what they are doing. Their so-called "expertise" is in sucking oil... nothing more... the rest is tangential expense to them.

Somewhere, in our political landscape, there is a minor officiate, or low-level political appointee who will be made to bear the burden of guilt for this enterprise. Poor guy/gal, probably doesn't even know it's coming.

Why the defense department hasn't been ordered to go to the scene in one of their trillion dollar subs to scope out the true situation seems unbelievable.... but then, perhaps they have... it's a shame we can't count on our paid political public servants to let us know anything....

a real shame.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is unnerving. Truly as terrifying as the prospect of war with Iran or N, Korea.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Has anyone done any research on the well itself, I mean before the explosion and fire?

Had they done any kind of hydraulic fracturing or something that may have opened a large pocket of methane?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Please close. Already being discussed:

abovetopsecret.com...

Best,
SN

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

This particular oil field spans a HUGE area, and considering that before the tragedy occurred (or was allowed to happen?) there were estimates that it would have taken 100 years to deplete it at a rate of 500,000 barrels a day, this could be globally catastrophic in the long run.

So if it is leaking somewhere between 30,000 and 70,000 barrels, it could continue to leak for another 500 years???????????????????

WOWOWOWOW!

I think the global catastrophe aspect is not that much of a long run. I think by the end of the summer the oil will be apparent in the North Atlantic and I think the effects won't be fully understood for at least 2 years, but I think they are already globally significant and irreversible.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread but after watching the BP cam for 2 hrs straight it appeared to be on a loop feed.
I believe they just mix up the first 2 days worth of feed over the whole time they are showing it because at my calculations of what we were told initially was the output it still appears that whats coming out. With erosion caused by pressure the hole should be bigger then it is on the PB cam by now. but its still the same size as it was when the first showed the cam.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join