It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enlightenment dudes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I just heard about this and thought I would share,

enlightenmentdudes.com...

David Carse, Perfect Brilliant Stillness – Video & Text Review

www.youtube.com...

This guy doesn’t even have a website. He’s a carpenter in Vermont who wrote a book and went back to his craft. Frankly, during my search, I was always leary of gurus who stand to gain something from keeping their followers asleep.

For Carse, his awakening happened to be spontaneous or without any spiritual practice. It took him a while to figure out what had happened to him. His book chronicles his experience and what he found out after awakening. Because he was so interested in finding out what happened to him, he has collected an excellent number of quotes from various spiritual teachers and traditions, and presents many of them throughout the book.

Because Carse’s awakening was spontaneous and was brought on by no effort, he has no method of practice to recommend in his writing. However, the real value here is in what he imparts in how he sees and experiences the world following his trip to the jungle in South America, where his awakening occurred.

In many ways this book demystifies enlightenment. At the same time, he also represents it as a happening which cannot be forced or purposefully replicated. Such is the paradox of the spiritual search.

I haven't read the book, but I think I will because he seems to point out things I have noticed and conclusions I have formed,

[edit on 013131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
11 Tips to Acting “Spiritually Enlightened” on Facebook, Blogs, & Forums

I think I have used a couple of these,

lol

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The sad truth about Enlightenment is there is no method to obtain Enlightenment. Even the greatest "method", receiving the transmission
of spiritual force from a truly enlightened teacher for decades does not work.
Ramana Maharshi is said to have only enlightened two beings in his entire life of working with people;his mother forcibly at her death and a cow.
Rajneesh denied having any enlightened disciples while alive.
Even Adi Da seems not to have left any enlightened beings.

Enlightenment seems to just spontaneously happen to some. The story of
most of these gurus seem to show that they are compelled to their
enlightenment as their destiny. As if it represents the growth of their nervous system which culminates in enlightenment.

Enlightened Beings have an extraordinary presence which can be
tangibly experienced by spiritually sensitive people. They appear to
be not an other.

So does this David Carse have this presence? Or is he all book and no Shakti?

The One and Only Original Explanation of
No Seeking Explained in Two Words:
www.beezone.com...

"Tip #9 Tell Others to Stop Seeking

Most of the popular Neo-Advaita folks go with this approach, it is very trendy and has a long and misunderstood history in Zen also. But tell people that they are already enlightened BAM! it is all here and now you are done! Forget about the destructive and life altering work, experiences, processes, that the masters all had to endure, all YOU have to do is DROP THE SEARCH AND “BE.” It makes me want to slam one of those Staples Easy Buttons -that was easy. Done! Instant Enlightenment. It was here all along and I never knew it – wow! I bet the Buddha wishes someone would have told him that before the months of pain and fasting or all those dudes who almost died up in caves some place to wake up."

[edit on 23-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
"Death Science" like Eckhart Tolle.
Weak mind individuals.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

The sad truth about Enlightenment is there is no method to obtain Enlightenment. Even the greatest "method", receiving the transmission
of spiritual force from a truly enlightened teacher for decades does not work.
Ramana Maharshi is said to have only enlightened two beings in his entire life of working with people;his mother forcibly at her death and a cow.
Rajneesh denied having any enlightened disciples while alive.
Even Adi Da seems not to have left any enlightened beings.

Enlightenment seems to just spontaneously happen to some. The story of
most of these gurus seem to show that they are compelled to their
enlightenment as their destiny. As if it represents the growth of their nervous system which culminates in enlightenment.

Enlightened Beings have an extraordinary presence which can be
tangibly experienced by spiritually sensitive people. They appear to
be not an other.

So does this David Carse have this presence? Or is he all book and no Shakti?

The One and Only Original Explanation of
No Seeking Explained in Two Words:
www.beezone.com...

"Tip #9 Tell Others to Stop Seeking

Most of the popular Neo-Advaita folks go with this approach, it is very trendy and has a long and misunderstood history in Zen also. But tell people that they are already enlightened BAM! it is all here and now you are done! Forget about the destructive and life altering work, experiences, processes, that the masters all had to endure, all YOU have to do is DROP THE SEARCH AND “BE.” It makes me want to slam one of those Staples Easy Buttons -that was easy. Done! Instant Enlightenment. It was here all along and I never knew it – wow! I bet the Buddha wishes someone would have told him that before the months of pain and fasting or all those dudes who almost died up in caves some place to wake up."

[edit on 23-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

a cow?

Done! Instant Enlightenment. It was here all along and I never knew it – wow!

Actually there are some Buddhist insights, that speak of the futility of seeking enlightenment.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
"Death Science" like Eckhart Tolle.
Weak mind individuals.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

I tried to watch him once.

[edit on 103131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It's a strange thing indeed when an 'awakening' hits you full on.

Happened to me, too. You really don't know which way is up for awhile, not to mention, what to believe. It is something that takes time to assimilate and figure out... mainly to make sure you aren't going crazy.
The world tells you you are crazy. And you feel like it, too.

Then the pieces come together and you have some intense experiences and you know without a shadow of a doubt what is Truth. The world, then, can no longer tell you you're crazy... you just laugh at them at that point!

In short, the unseen world is where truth lies. This illusion is based on lies, deception and manipulation.

Thank you for the info, I may read his book.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think Ramana Maharshi meant that there is no path to enlightenment, it happens or it doesn`t. It`s a realization, and when seen, just obvious, many try to share and show. Check out Tony Parsons, Jeff Foster, Gilbert Schultz, Bob Adamson on youtube or read one of their books.
When the individual sees that there is no individual, just this, this moment and the self are one (whole). The individual dissolves into being. So the 'person' who says that they are enlightened still sees themselves as a separate entity. Therefore, the oneness has been missed.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Itisnowagain]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I think Ramana Maharshi meant that there is no path to enlightenment, it happens or it doesn`t. It`s a realization, and when seen, just obvious, many try to share and show. Check out Tony Parsons, Jeff Foster, Gilbert Schultz, Bob Adamson on youtube or read one of their books. When the individual sees that there is no individual, just this, this moment and the self are one (whole). The individual dissolves into being. So the 'person' who says that they are enlightened still sees themselves as a separate entity. Therefore, the oneness has been missed.

You are part of everything from the very first beginning. You do not have to loose your f**** identity.

"The Enlightenment dudes", this as to be the funniest one yet.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hi! my names "Swamigurujohhuta" I used to be called "Bob". My guru lineage is strong, "some" of you may have heard of a litle guru called Mastapha bowiel taught by Swami Tigers Hump, who was the student of Paulie the "wise".
I have read the text contained within the vibration of this thread" " "Swamigurujohhuta" feels this is not humorous in any way.

Are there any students who wish" to be tau"ght by me here "?" I have lots of white robes to sell and I speak very softly". I also cook an awesome veg nut roast (I don't eat anything that is not aware of my awareness of its consiousness being aware of my desire not to damage my awareconsiousness"

My first lesson is free, Stop! you are already "enlightened ". Here endeth the L"esson "

I would like to point out that I am not aware because we are not aware, if you follow my message you will become un" "aware.

I must leave now as I am looking in bewildement and gaining much needed consiousawareness from the light hitting my "keyboard"

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
[edit on 25-5-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
purple robes...
purple shoelaces...
and I have a mysterious, unusual, unusually mysterious, mysteriously unusual body odor (no, don't clap)...
also, the kitten my attendants carry purrs loudly all the time, because I dose it...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Awakening, realization is all about losing your identity. When seen, the individual realizes that the separate self is an illusion. What, or who is the thing we call 'I' ? We have made false idols of ourselves.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Awakening, realization is all about losing your identity. When seen, the individual realizes that the separate self is an illusion. What, or who is the thing we call 'I' ? We have made false idols of ourselves.

Whatever suits your boat. But stop addressing things as we. You are free to choose the path you wish, but I disagree with your point of view.

new topics

top topics

join