It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets stop mining coal and drilling for oil before another bad thing happens.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It is just time to quit mining coal, drilling for oil, or using nuclear materials. I was just watching MSNBC and they said more miners are getting hurt from mining coal as we speak. Plus, look at the oil disaster in Louisiana.

The only reasonable solution to this problem is to stop the drilling and the mining all together. Beyond that, we must quit buying it from foreign countries. Why should we put their lives and environments in danger, when we clearly see how bad these things can be.

Nuclear has to go to. Just think of the poor people who are providing us with nuclear materials and the dangers of a nuclear accident. It is time to stop!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
And then we all sit in our caves and.......?
Accidents happen. Bad things happen?
That's life and death.
All we can do is try to do things safely.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Thanks for the reply. We don't have to sit in caves. We can all buy bikes. We can all buy solar panels and windmills. It is time for all of us to quit being selfish and hateful toward mine workers, uranium workers, oil workers, and the environment.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Peace Pipe

It looks like you've been smoking a little too much of your namesake. What exactly do you propose the world to do?

You realize that half of the world will freeze to death without energy, right? You realize that the world would starve without huge ships, trucks, etc to deliver throughout the infrastructure, right? You realize that all plastics are made from oil byproducts right? You realize that all fertilizers to replenish the soil to grow our food is all based on generators, right?

Are you actually serious that because a FEW people die from mining coal that we should stop using it? Guess what, if everybody had to cut down trees to use it for fuel to stay warm, a helluvalot more men would be dying from tree cutting accidents every year than from coal mining.. OH NO!!! People are dying from cutting down trees to build houses too, I guess we should stop that as well, huh?

Guess what, those workers aren't forced at gunpoint to do their work. They signed up for a job, and they would quit if they wanted to. Many Americans would be happy to take their place, and bring home a decent paycheck.

That has to have been the most insane rant I've heard in my entire life. You really must want the human race to die off and live in squalor don't you? Just admit it.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by FalselyFlagged]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

No we can't cut down trees either. It will hurt them and we could get hurt if a tree falls on us. I figure when winter comes we can just get some warm blankets and huddle together. Wouldn't that be so cozy and loving?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peace Pipe
reply to post by OldDragger

Thanks for the reply. We don't have to sit in caves. We can all buy bikes. We can all buy solar panels and windmills. It is time for all of us to quit being selfish and hateful toward mine workers, uranium workers, oil workers, and the environment.

And you get the award for most naive thread and posts of the day. there's 1 more day left in April, or I'd give you the monthly award, too.

And what do you suppose all the factories that produce solar panels and bikes - not to mention batteries for night time energy - etc., etc. would use for energy to produce those things.

Oh, and what about ALL THE PEOPLE your great idea just threw out of work AND THEIR FAMILIES? No problem, right? Just add them to the government dole.

Oh, and what about people that live too far away from jobs and stores to ride bikes? And just how much of the food and supplies for a family of 4 can you carry on bikes?

This is just too dumb to continue responding to.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

And what do you suppose all the factories that produce solar panels and bikes - not to mention batteries for night time energy - etc., etc. would use for energy to produce those things.

Oh, and what about ALL THE PEOPLE your great idea just threw out of work AND THEIR FAMILIES? No problem, right? Just add them to the government dole.

Oh, and what about people that live too far away from jobs and stores to ride bikes? And just how much of the food and supplies for a family of 4 can you carry on bikes?

Well we can get a bunch of people to peddle bike generators outside the factory. Just think if we get a bunch of fatties they can get paid to loose weight. It is win-win-win. They loose weight, factory gets electricy, and we keep healthcare costs down for the nation.

Really why are any of us working. We can get hurt at work or at least get our feeling hurt, and for what? We can get free housing, food, insurance, etc from the government and have all kind of free and relaxing time on our hands.

Only a fool would work for the same things he can get for free.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Peace Pipe]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Peace Pipe

That's not really the way the world works, unfortunately. The solution is going to need to be a bit more complicated. Though, you are trying to move in the right direction, and I have respect that.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think this was a "false flag", "Fund Raiser" or planned event. Notice the increase in oil? If we stop drilling for oil (this argument does not consider that we already have energy resources that we are not allowed to use) because of the danger of accidents, then we might as well stop all surgical procedures because they might cause death.
Release the info on alternate energies or drill baby drill.
IMHO

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PirateShark

Thanks for understanding. Maybe the could build one last factory that is fully automated and turns dirt into a paste. Then we could all live in a giant hamster ball where nobody could get hurt and the paste could just pump into our mouthes.

Think back to all the poor people who were injured or died building this country. It is a travesty. I think you could make a case that work in general violates our right to health.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Peace Pipe]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

[edit on 29-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Good idea about stopping surgery. I mean the doctor could cut his finger or a nurse could get her finger pinched in a hemostat. Could it possibly be worth the danger?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

[edit on 29-4-2010 by walsbg22]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
if they would just legalize a certain herb we wouldnt need to mine or drill any more.

bio-mass energy for homes.
bio-deisel fuel for cars.

and the biggest disaster that can happen producing it is junk food shortage.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

But couldnt people get hurt harvesting that special herb.
I don't know if it is worth it.

Plus we are already obese as a nation and the government is moving toward banning unhealthy foods.. so what are we going to much? Peas and Asparagus?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
hahaha, Peace Pipe, you are beginning to grow on me.

Hell I'm all for it, if it took place in a controlled and gradual process.

new topics

top topics

join