It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mind and Reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
When I think of something in reality it is merely a projection of a truth. There are multiple realities within the mind. Does reality itself become a conclusive ideal upon which the structure of the mind perceives itself as being. Or does the mind instead as an existing entity allow the ideas of reality take shape in itself. Does the mind ecapsulate the reality of a thing. Say a thing is blue is the nature of a thing only a perception of the mind and that in reality the blueness of a thing can be changed or mutated to the mind's perception yet the reality behind these multiple realities the perception of mind itself cannot be changed that is to say the ideal of blueness is interchangable. Is the mind merely a way of labeling the mode of being and being able to compute the material essence of a thing if so is reality just merely the coexistence of these factors and thus a sign that the mutability of thingness or the factual become an irrefutable existence. Can the greeness of thing change the thingness of reality essentially mentally. The concept of building is based around material that material is mutable and changable does the concept essentially make the material of that building interchangable a part of its concept. Is the mind's thought likewise merely an abstraction of concrete matter and make this thought and twist into and interchangable reality. Concluding is the mind essentially become reality itself a building block to reality upon which reality becomes itself

[edit on 25-4-2010 by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What is a truth?

Morethanoneline.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
What is a truth?

Morethanoneline.

truth is the interchangable upon which the mind relates with itself. Its the mind perception of its own construction and negation of its own rationalization.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

What is constructing my mind? My mind is perceiving itself? Does my mind need to recognize itself before i can use it? How does your mind begin to recognize itself separate from the whole?

[edit on 26-4-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

What is constructing my mind? My mind is perceiving itself? Does my mind need to recognize itself before i can use it?

The construction of the mind is based upon the interchanability of its nature or its guiding force which is being. The mind perceives itself unconsciously through this being and ultimately becomes a construct of reality and being. So ultimately since the construction of the mind is and of itself a part of our construction it is necessary to say that we do not need to be conscious in order for it to exist.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

If we are not conscious of our mind, what good is our mind? Are you seeing conscious and mind as different but interconnected? Do i have a conscious, and also, do i have a mind?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

If we are not conscious of our mind, what good is our mind? Are you seeing conscious and mind as different but interconnected? Do i have a conscious, and also, do i have a mind?

The consciousness of our mind is unconscious to itself. We can only know about the mind through the abstraction of its reality. Our minds are good outside themselves in relation to the preconstrutive base upon which are mind perceives itself. Mind and consciousness are different from each other. To put it frankly the conscious is an abstract reality of the mind something that becomes itself through the essential existence of the mind. A thing cannot exist consciously without the mind existing. The things the we are conscious about such as reality can be perceived without consciousness and and in and of themsevles construct the realities of the mind. It is mentally irrefutable that you have consciousness this in and of itself is a distinct construction of the mind and therefore the mind exist but only in so far as we perceive our consciousness to exist.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

So if i was to lose my mind, i would lose my conscious? I understand that without my minds awareness of itself it cannot acknowledge my conscious? But what is, (our, my, i, us, we)? Is that the expression of the relationship of the conscious mind? Where does I go when the relationship fails? Does I lose "self", if there is a separation?

How does mind come to be without conscious? What would be the starting point? How does conscious come to be without mind?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Can my mind become aware of itself without conscious? Is it the union that creates the awareness? What do you call that union? Self? Or I? Can you describe conscious as feminine/masculine? The same apply to mind?

Essentially i am creating myself by becoming aware of my conscious through my mind?

Would you say that we are the same being, aware of our different selves through the relationship of our conscious mind?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

So if i was to lose my mind, i would lose my conscious? I understand that without my minds awareness of itself it cannot acknowledge my conscious? But what is, (our, my, i, us, we)? Is that the expression of the relationship of the conscious mind? Where does I go when the relationship fails? Does I lose "self", if there is a separation?

You essentially cannot lose your mind it is a necessary force behind all consciousness. It can only lose itself in so far as the consciousness exists in itself. Without mental awareness of itself consciousness itself becomes a thing of the mind. All of those relations with self are merely conscious constructions of our minds in relation to reality. They are observations of the mind which connect consciousness with being. Yes it is without a doubt because the consciousness of a thing depends purely the on the abstraction of the mind. This is a very interesting question and I would like to say when the relationship fails it is because of the consciousness in ability to perceive itself as mind and self itself is not lost to a conscious perception but rather to the existence of the mind and itself.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I have always had this in my mind...

If a person is born blind, no matter how someone can describe the colour Red for example, the person can never know the experience of Red or even visualise it.

We have 5 senses, touch, taste, smell, hearing, sight.

How do we know that we are not missing some sense or indeed senses that would change reality completely for us??

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Can we hear your definition of reality? So Self is a description of the relationship? Without the relationship we have no Self? Can i hear you describe self? Forgive me if i am making you repeat yourself i am trying to fully understand, and comprehend what you are saying.

Our mind reflects our conscious, thus creating self? Mybe our interpretation of the bible and such types of writing are completely misguided?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Can i say that, our conscious always exist, it is the reflection of mind through conscious that creates the self?

I am looking at the conscious as the space between things that we don't see, and the mind as the matter that we perceive as reality. The self would be the connection between the two? Does that seem to be a true statement with your understandings?

I would call that mybe, a trinity of sorts, even a triangle.

Time would be an illusion in that scenario i think.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Can my mind become aware of itself without conscious? Is it the union that creates the awareness? What do you call that union? Self? Or I? Can you describe conscious as feminine/masculine? The same apply to mind?

Essentially i am creating myself by becoming aware of my conscious through my mind?

Would you say that we are the same being, aware of our different selves through the relationship of our conscious mind?

Yes it can but this is a paradox which itself asks the questions of being. The mind itself can be aware of itself without consciousness because consciousness itself is a perception of the existence of mind and thus the mind can redefine the meaning of what it is to be conscious or at one with the existence of itself. It can make consciousness a part of itself maintaining only the consciousness of its perception but losing consciousness of itself. It is the union because it reveals the consciousness as we know it based upon the abstraction of reality is indeed unconscious of its existence in so far as it is conscious through the mind. The Union of the mind with the consciousness is called the self or geist. It is the spirit which gives the abstraction of itself as an interchangable consciousness to thought itself and thus a reflection of its totality. The I is an abstraction of this creation and is how the consciousness is able to be at one with itself and the mind. Consciousness can be described in many ways but absolutely only as one way regarding the self. Though realistically the consciousness of the I is a reflection of the feminine masculine being which unites the mind. Becoming aware of our consciousness through our mind is not a creation of self as much as it allows us to recreate the I in so far as our our consciousness can concretely abstract the self or the origin of itself. Consciously in so far as we can perceive ourselves we are many I's. It is the mind which brings these concrete abstractions of ourselves to one being with the consciousness that we have these perceptions.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Isn't the I, the being that ultimately makes the decision of the conscious, and mind? Once the I comes into being (or has always been into being), It becomes the observer and ultimately the decision maker changing the equation from that point forward correct? The I then takes over control of the mind and conscious through its union.

We are essentially describing creation. IMO

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
I have always had this in my mind...

If a person is born blind, no matter how someone can describe the colour Red for example, the person can never know the experience of Red or even visualise it.

We have 5 senses, touch, taste, smell, hearing, sight.

How do we know that we are not missing some sense or indeed senses that would change reality completely for us??

Peace Out,

Korg.

Interesting a sense based perceptions are based on the mind. Our consciousness of the redness or blueness of a thing is retained by our mind. We will always be able to connect our senses no matter how abstract our mind is from us to a consciousness that perceives that realities of our sense based perception. We can only know that they do not exist in so far as they exist in our conscious and thus anything that is not known is a result of the absoulte consciousness of the mind. That is to say if it is not known to be missing it is because the mind knows it to be real.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Can we hear your definition of reality? So Self is a description of the relationship? Without the relationship we have no Self? Can i hear you describe self? Forgive me if i am making you repeat yourself i am trying to fully understand, and comprehend what you are saying.

Our mind reflects our conscious, thus creating self? Mybe our interpretation of the bible and such types of writing are completely misguided?

My describition of reality is as follows that the nature of consciousness progresses interchangably through itself as a thing only the mind itself can know as what it is. Self is the relationship to the absolute knowledge contained by the mind and the abstraction the consciousness makes upon these perception and assumptions.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Isn't the I, the being that ultimately makes the decision of the conscious, and mind? Once the I comes into being (or has always been into being), It becomes the observer and ultimately the decision maker changing the equation from that point forward correct? The I then takes over control of the mind and conscious through its union.

We are essentially describing creation. IMO

Yeah okay well the I is a reflection of the mind's self and its absolute control over the knowledge received by the consciousness. The consciousness ability to understand knowledge is in so far as it reflects the self. The I is in being and it is what allows the self to construct of knowledge through its consciousness. The I is the observer of all knowledge and is the base upon which the construction of realities are made by the consciousness. It is merely the consciousness of the self that is made known through the mind. Yes the I becomes one with what it is an becomes the consciousness upon which the conscious thing is observed, the substance. The I takes over conscious and mind in so far as the mind is able to become itself that is upon the conscious thing observed.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Yeah but if matter exist within the I, matter being mind. Then the I already encompasses the "knowledge" of all matter within.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Yeah but if matter exist within the I, matter being mind. Then the I already encompasses the "knowledge" of all matter within.

But say it does not exist as it is known to exist within our consciousness does the I still exist in itself or is it merely a thing of our consciousness.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join