It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Unusual weather, Rain for most of the U.S.A.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
With the exception of only the southwest U.S.A. most of the nation will see rain today. In what seems to be an unusual weather pattern these storms seem to be covering most of the continental U.S.A. Perhaps a normal and natural cause or is there something else going on here...

Original web source:
ABCNEWS.com

Scattered showers and thunderstorms fell across much of the nation early Saturday. About the only dry spot was a strip that ran from the Four Corners region to the California coast.

The mid-Atlantic, Northeast and eastern Ohio Valley were bracing for the strongest storms, expected to hit late in the afternoon. Heavy rains could be accompanied by occasional lightning strikes, gusts up to 50 mph and small- to moderate-sized hail.

In the country's midsection, rains over the Great Plains, Midwest and Mississippi Valley were making their way east. The downpours, along with occasional lightning strikes, 60-mph wind and small hail, were predicted to end by early evening. Total precipitation could reach two inches in isolated areas.

A cold front was producing the dreary weather in the Pacific Northwest. Severe storms heavy rains, occasional lightning strikes and occasional high winds were possible all day long.

Please visit the original news source link for the full report.

Rain over much of the nation. Tempratures ranging from 30 degrees in N.Y. to 113 degrees in Arizona

It is news worthy enough for the mainstream media. And I must say the weather has been very strange to say the least. Here where I live in the mid-southern U.S.A. we've had one intense storm after the other some without any warning or prediction at all. they just seemed to explode in the sky from nowhere.

What is going on here? is there some mysterious cause at work here on global weather patterns? In my view this is very odd. Perhaps a result of global warming. Or some influence from space or "space weather". There is also some speculation that it could be a result of the shifting and weakening magnetic field within the core of planet Earth itself.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
In the western US they are suffering from a 7 year drought and another season of record breaking heat. Regional reservoirs are at half capacity. The hottest weather will be in southeastern California, southern Nevada and western Arizona.

The anomalous southwest Atlantic ridge is making a strange time of our usual jet stream pattern. It's almost the opposite of what we had the same time last year. Contrarian weather coming to a sky near you...stay tuned.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-2 by Teknik]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I do not want to scare anyone here but I had to share this with you as it would be wrong not to.

I was going to update this report with some real and current information... and while doing research some of the information on a government site listed below.. see the quote below.. it would have listed current weather anomalies.. however POOF it was ALL GONE!!!

Now that is even enough for a skeptic like me to say WTF??? on that page where the information would have been is just links to other sites with irrelevant or old information... everything current is removed... someone tell me I am over-reacting here... please. All of the current data and informaion has been removed back to 2003... check and see for yourselves.. They made it look as though it was never there.

CPC.NCEP.NOAA.gov

Note: This product has been discontinued. However, both the Climate Prediction Center (CPC) and the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) provide information on global anomalies.

Please consider the following websites and pages for global analyses and data:

Where is the data on current anomalies???

Ok I am a bit freaked now

Gazz

EDIT: added comments. I had this page saved in my favorites and I swear I have used it before.. when checking the site info it says the last update was December 17, 2003.. I can't be 100% sure but I believe I have seen that same page not that long ago in this year 2004, and it had current information. but I could be mistaken. damn this is odd.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I do not want to scare anyone here but I had to share this with you as it would be wrong not to.
>...X....<
Where is the data on current anomalies???

There are still pretty pictures at the
Interactive Global Geostationary Weather Satellite Images site,
for what it is worth.
Not what you were looking for, but perhaps relevant...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
noticed something today...it's extremely hot, upper 80's feels like 90's, lots of clouds intermittent with bout of sun, and in between the breaks of clouds, lots of x's in the sky by chem/con trails. Don't know if anyone else in So Florida is seeing this, but i just counted 4 that i could see, while hanging clothes outside.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yesterday the sky was heavy and dark here in Middle GA. It looked like a big storm, but no storm and just a little mist. The guy on Public Radio was cherfully forecasting "partly cloudy skies." (My Foot) It had been overcast for 3 days! I really thought it was the space dust when it was so dark at 10 AM.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Rain in the pacific Northwest is not odd at all, its pretty normal. The wierd thing is the lack of it. We have been havbing consecutively dry summers, abnormally so, and less than normal winters. Yesterday it got pretty hot, though it said it was only 75 degrees, then clouds started forming. Thats not unusual, but before that, ge4nerally, warmer than normal and drier than norm weather. When I was flying back from manchester last sunday, as we flew over the US, I swear, I could see nothing the entire trip after we left the east coast, just 5 hours of flying over nonstop clouds.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Now this is weird because the other day I was saying to myself... Sheesh it sure has been cloudy this week.. I live in Texas and its been really cloudy all week, though I havent seen much rain (others have however) then I said maybe this is to cover the rumored comet thats coming at us, then I said well if that were so then the whole US, atleast, would have to be covered in clouds for it to be a cover up.....

lol crazy talk....

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I live in BC, Canada and the weather has been really weird here too. Yesterday, after over a week of coldish weather it was super hot. Today, I woke up and the sun was shining and there were hardly any clouds, about 5 minutes later the whole sky was dark and now its raining pretty heavily and a thunder storm is starting. So it is really rather odd.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You know I was beginning to think it was just me. My last 4 round trips from the midwest to Europe I saw no ocean the entire trip. Nothing but clouds going there and back. And I have flown 3 of the 4 seasons of the year. When I used to fly as a child I remember being able to look out the window and see the ocean most of the way. Now I never see it. Anyone else notice this or is it just coincidence?

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Rain in the pacific Northwest is not odd at all, its pretty normal. The wierd thing is the lack of it. We have been havbing consecutively dry summers, abnormally so, and less than normal winters. Yesterday it got pretty hot, though it said it was only 75 degrees, then clouds started forming. Thats not unusual, but before that, ge4nerally, warmer than normal and drier than norm weather. When I was flying back from manchester last sunday, as we flew over the US, I swear, I could see nothing the entire trip after we left the east coast, just 5 hours of flying over nonstop clouds.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I also agree something weird is up.....all this week I have watched the weather forecasts for our local area, and every day they foecasted Saturday (today, the 5th) as being SUNNY and 77. Well, I woke up this morning freezing....it is only about 65 out, and it is dark and rainy. I have not seen the sun or sky all day...nothing but dark skies and rain. Now, why wouldn't hey have seen this system coming? Why, up until yesterday, did they forecast sunny skies? I find this very odd indeed.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The Weather Channel for Oregon's capital forecast on thursday that today and for a few days afterwards it would be cloudy with occasional rain. Its been raining and is cloudy. Looks like they were right.
I've only known them to be wrong once - and that was just after I got here last year.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What ticks me off is the forcasting
Just try and get an accurate forcast, 3 different channels give 3 different forcasts.... none of which turn out to be accurate. Man, I've really come to resent the forcasting with all the computer models and satelites, they can't predict the weather any better than fifty years ago! Sorry to rant, but when you're trying to plan a day to take the Motorcycle out and the forcast changes 5X ya start to get a lil annoyed!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i recently flew from nyc to montana and back and saw clouds the whole time, usually at afairly steady altittude . in montana though, the skies were pretty terbulent? with alot of scattered showers and some heavy rain, alot of lightning, wind. and huge double rainbows everyday. it was all breathtaking to say the view and makes me wish right now i had stayed,
but i find the skies right now a bit troubling. i observed what i felt were strange cloud formations this morning in nyc, so i checked ats to see if anyone else was writing about weather today. i am just pretty astounded by it at this point. the Interactive Global Geostationary Weather Satellite Images site link provided by Teknik holds some rather interesting images,
i am curious as to why there are no images of africa and most of europe though. the images that i did see really intrigued me especialy the global water vapor map wich is the image i refer to without africa and such. this could possibly be attributed to a limited sattelit view i suppose. anyway, i just wonder what the weather is like for all our men out to sea right now, and if they have any better view of the sky than we are being allowed on land. x

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
With the exception of only the southwest U.S.A. most of the nation will see rain today. In what seems to be an unusual weather pattern these storms seem to be covering most of the continental U.S.A. Perhaps a normal and natural cause or is there something else going on here...

That figures. We could REALLY use some rain in L.A. right now. My tomatoes need a little love from above!

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by penginkun]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
right the water vapor images are interesting. and the following link shows that there is an abundance of global water vapor.. everywhere except the tropical rain forrest region of south america..
www.ghcc.msfc.nasa.gov...

Even though storms are shown in that same region the water vapor is so low it looks like a dry air mass.

Very odd indeed

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
these clouds look like they were designed in photo shop or something, like someone just took a spoon a nd started stirring the sky randomly

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i cant really get any images of africa right now bseides infrared. it is night so the visible map is useless, and the african continent water vapor images seem to be malfunctioning right now. interesting, to say the leastafrica

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Its not only in the States, I spoke with some friends of mine who also have family in Spain, like I do, and they are reporting that the weather is very, unusually, hot over there. I am afraid we are going to see another spell, or worse, than what happened in France's last heat wave.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join