It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Panda and the Poleshift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I was reading on wikipedia about the genetic bottleneck that humanity had around 60000 years ago when I found something else I dlike to share.

The Researchers could track our ancestry to a single man 60000 years ago and they connected the dots of our nearly extintion with the supervolcano Toba that exploded in indonesia back then. My attention got the Genetic Bottleneck of the bellowed Giant Panda 43000 years ago and that from another animal the Golden Snub-nosed Monkey that suffered the same in that time period.

So what happened else back then?

40000 BC You got the first apearance of modern Human in Europe

44000 BC Date of earliest Aboriginal engravings found in South Australia

43000 BC Apearence of The Tasmanian King’s
Holly Lomatia Tasmanica (Proteaceae) A plant without seeds.
This plant is around sience then.

40000 BC The Lachamps PME "Paleo Magnetic Excursion" ( This is a collaps in the Earths Magneticfield local or global)

So my thoughts on this is that that PME had a severe influence on the planet so Humans had to relocate to another part of the globe the ones afected. Giant Panda and Golden Snub-nosed Monkey got nearly extinct. About this plant. I know just another plant without seeds, the Bananatree. The diference is that is wierd that it apeared in times of changes.

Maybe what they call a Magnetic-poleshift can be severe for us when the next one comes. Not just Satelite disturbances.

I would like to hear your opinions on this.

[edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Or maybe it was the mass human migrations into all of these disperse areas around the globe that caused their near extinctions?

Perhaps we hunted them to near oblivion?

It is very difficult to know as we have almost no archaeological data to confirm or deny this hypothesis.

However, I do find the Magnetic Event as a more likely explanation since it is far simpler. Or maybe I just like simplicity, and I am bias.

So it's hard to say either way.

But I liked learning the information you shared. Especially the part about the appearance of Tasmanian King's. Sounds fascinating I think I'll wiki search on that subject.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Interesting post. The title sounds like it could be the name of a movie

A pole shift would, I agree, have more consequences than messing with our elctronics and satellites. It could force a renewed survival of the fittest among humans as well as all other life.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
As silly as it sounds, maybe Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were in on to something with the Fantastic Four gaining their powers after an exposition to cosmic rays.
Because that's what happens when the magnetic field collapses locally or globally. The whole, or parts of the planet gets exposed to cosmic rays and cosmic dusts, that could contain micro-organisms. Maybe that is how new species are formed, they would be a natural, durable, sustainable mutation of a portion of a specie. Those naturally "designed" to survive such an event. As in the case of an epidemic or pandemic; A portion survives, forever changed.
The environment would also change, shaping the direction of the mutation, maybe? It would affect almost everything and be a melting pot of mutants and unaffected... Life systems are different now than from the past and it seems likely we are in such a time. Because, we may be loosing many species now, but we are slowly gaining new ones, like;
news.discovery.com...
www.wildlifeextra.com...*:newspecies&template=new_species#cr
news.mongabay.com...
coombs.anu.edu.au... Is Vietnam such a big, large, endless country that those were never seen before? Or missed the next one? news.nationalgeographic.com...
and my favorite; mikenaretta.wordpress.com...

I like the fact that the lizard was so secretive, that's why it was never found!... Should be CIA operative...

I think WE ARE actually seeing new species appear everywhere. Or they've come out of the center of the Earth, and dinosaurs will soon follow!

See you!

Aresh

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Best guess, ice age started. Humans could adapt and move to better areas.

Animals have a harder time.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I just found this one too, about a new, hyper-virulent fungus in the west of North america...
news.discovery.com...
Yuck!

Aresh

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Thanks for your comments. Is intruiging the idea of the apearance of new species around the globe, in times when the Magneticfield is at minimum. We are right now with a low Magnetic shielding. It seem to concide with the observation of new large species never seen before.

By the way like in Spore the game, the new species could also apear because a dozen of beings in space love to bring new animals and plants to this and other planets

Thank you to

[edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi Karmayogi11
Just read my signature... Your last post might be truer than you think!
Seriously, it just baffles me that these news don't get much attention. But it's also true that it doesn't fit the model of "extinction by global warming" either!...
I think it's really great you could find a correlation with Low magnetic shield and the apparition of new species in the past. I was following a bit the news of new species found, but only wondered about the why and how. I think we now know the WHY, and it leaves us with the HOW...
For argument's sake, I'd say we could argue the new species are ones being pushed off by the human invasions of territories, but when one is discovered on an island, known or inhabited for millennia... the idea seems rather... void of reason.

As proof for this hypothesis ( correlation of low magnetic shielding and the apparition of new life forms, in the past, and still going on today under similar circumstances ) ; go to a natural history museum, extinct and prior life forms remains are on display!
And it was said on ATS first!

S&F for you, K!

Aresh

new topics

top topics

join