It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East war is imminant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I feel war is about to break out in the Middle East. There are multiple red flag warning that have come out. Some of these have been discussed in other threads, but I see this is possibly leading up to a major, if not world altering war.

It is well known that issues have always been there between most of the Middle East and Israel, if not all of it.

Obvious/public wars Israel has been involved in during it's short history. I will include a brief history of some of the events that have transpired.

-1948-1949 War [Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Iraq invaded Israel shortly after it was formed. No real peace treaty signed]
-1956 War [Israel invaded Egypt. Occupied several key territories including the Gaza strip.]
-1967(Six Day War) [Israel again invades other countries, and occupies and eventually annexes Jerusalem's Old City, as well as the Golan Heights.]
-1973–74 War (The Yom Kippur War) [Egypt along with Syria attack Israel along with multiple other smaller Middle Eastern countries in an attempt to regain previous lost territories. Once Israel finally mobilized, they beat the invaders back and eventually occupied the West Bank area. It took the Camp David Accords to end this conflict.]
-Palestine Liberation Organization guerrillas attacked Israel. They were beaten back, after Israel again supported by the US launched a massive invasion of Lebanon in retaliation.
There have been multiple smaller skirmishes ever since, but no other full blown wars. There is obvious animosity towards Israel and subsequently the US since Israel's creation after WWII.
Jumping forward 2 decades, the biggest concern after knowing all of this, is that most of the world suspects/knows Israel has nuclear weapons although Israel has always denied having any. Israeli nuclear weapons have always been the elephant in the room.

April 2010. The US is holding a Nuclear Arms summit. Iran refuses to attend, and then announces it's own Nuclear summit later in the month.
Egypt then presses for BOTH Iran and Israel to be pressed on their Nuclear weapons or attempts to make or obtain them. Ongoing thread here.

Israel then cancels participation just before the start.

Iran then warns citizens of Tehran to evacuate due to earthquake fears.. I didn't understand this concern at first, but after seeing this:
Israel warns it's citizens to evacuate parts of Egypt.

I now think Israel is planning attacks on Egypt for pressuring the summit about "the elephant." Coupled with the "earthquake warnings" from Iran, I feel unfortunately, war is imminent.

I am not trying to slam Israel here, but when pushed they have a history of pushing back even harder.

If it occurs, if Israel attacks Egypt, or especially Iran, the world is in serious danger.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Few corrections - in 1956 Israel did not occupy anything. Not Gaza nor other territories.
In 1967 Israel occupied Gaza, West Bank and Jerusalem. Not in 1973.
On general topic of the thread - oh boy i surely hope you are wrong. Though there are worrying signs lately all other the globe.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

In 1956 Israel did occupy Gaza. They subsequently left that area for the time, turning control of Gaza over to UN forces.
They have on other occasions also briefly occupied areas they then turned over to the UN.

I didn't mean to be misleading, I was trying to shorten the article to get it all into a single post.

I hope I'm wrong too about this post....

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't think we're far off, but I think it's going to take a bit more for there to be a fullout war between israel and egypt again, I could definitly see it within 5-10 years.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's sad that every airchair strategist thinks they have a real clue. There is 0 chance that Egypt and Israel are about to go to war, its actualy one of the few states that Israel is at peace with.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
EGYPT......

When will Egypt and Israel go to war?

After a new Egyptian president comes to power and he starts sniffing around to acquire nuclear action and you can be sure Libya will be involved!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It's the Middle East...war is always imminent.

The US has been at war or in conflict ever since the late 19th Century. The Middle East has been at it for over 2000 years...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod
It's sad that every airchair strategist thinks they have a real clue. There is 0 chance that Egypt and Israel are about to go to war, its actualy one of the few states that Israel is at peace with.

I am not an armchair strategist I assure you. But it is a fact that that Egypt is pressuring for both Israel and Iran to be investigated at the nuclear arms summit for possessing or attempting to posses those type weapons.

It's also a known fact that Israel pulled out of the summit after Egypt's statement. Israel also today did in fact issue an urgent warning for it's citizens to get out of Egypt, specifically the Sinai region.

They state because of the potential to be kidnapped by insurgents. I was merely stating that it sounds suspicious, as does the Iranian claim the citizens of Tehran are in danger from an imminent earthquake.

My personal opinion was that I feel Iran is afraid it will be attacked by Israel and Israel is afraid it will have it's citizens attacked in the Sinai Peninsula. Or that they know they are about to launch an attack themselves into this region over Egypt's insistence into looking into their nuclear arms.

Personally I hope I'm wrong. I was just putting this out there though for all to see and weigh in on.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
I feel war is about to break out in the Middle East. There are multiple red flag warning that have come out. Some of these have been discussed in other threads, but I see this is possibly leading up to a major, if not world altering war.

It is well known that issues have always been there between most of the Middle East and Israel, if not all of it.

Obvious/public wars Israel has been involved in during it's short history. I will include a brief history of some of the events that have transpired.

-1948-1949 War [Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Iraq invaded Israel shortly after it was formed. No real peace treaty signed]
-1956 War [Israel invaded Egypt. Occupied several key territories including the Gaza strip.]
-1967(Six Day War) [Israel again invades other countries, and occupies and eventually annexes Jerusalem's Old City, as well as the Golan Heights.]
-1973–74 War (The Yom Kippur War) [Egypt along with Syria attack Israel along with multiple other smaller Middle Eastern countries in an attempt to regain previous lost territories. Once Israel finally mobilized, they beat the invaders back and eventually occupied the West Bank area. It took the Camp David Accords to end this conflict.]
-Palestine Liberation Organization guerrillas attacked Israel. They were beaten back, after Israel again supported by the US launched a massive invasion of Lebanon in retaliation.
There have been multiple smaller skirmishes ever since, but no other full blown wars. There is obvious animosity towards Israel and subsequently the US since Israel's creation after WWII.
Jumping forward 2 decades, the biggest concern after knowing all of this, is that most of the world suspects/knows Israel has nuclear weapons although Israel has always denied having any. Israeli nuclear weapons have always been the elephant in the room.

April 2010. The US is holding a Nuclear Arms summit. Iran refuses to attend, and then announces it's own Nuclear summit later in the month.
Egypt then presses for BOTH Iran and Israel to be pressed on their Nuclear weapons or attempts to make or obtain them. Ongoing thread here.

Israel then cancels participation just before the start.

Iran then warns citizens of Tehran to evacuate due to earthquake fears.. I didn't understand this concern at first, but after seeing this:
Israel warns it's citizens to evacuate parts of Egypt.

I now think Israel is planning attacks on Egypt for pressuring the summit about "the elephant." Coupled with the "earthquake warnings" from Iran, I feel unfortunately, war is imminent.

I am not trying to slam Israel here, but when pushed they have a history of pushing back even harder.

If it occurs, if Israel attacks Egypt, or especially Iran, the world is in serious danger.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by webpirate]

I dont think so. Why would it happen now of all years?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Nothing is going to happen in Egypt. Israeli officials are always giving out warnings to Israelis on vacation in the Sinai. This is nothing new, but the warning does seem more serious this time. Besides, Israel is at peace with Egypt. So I wouldn't look into it that much. Nothing will happen with Iran, either. They're only good at talking sh*t. That's why they supply Hamas and Hezbollah with weapons instead of confronting Israel head on.

If something is going to happen, it's going to happen on the Israel-Syria/Israel-Lebanon border. The South is usually quiet, though.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Iran, America and Israel are allies??

Iran / America / Israel allies?

Interesting article.. in the post of "SUNDAY, MARCH 23, 2008" towards the end of the page, they say and explain how Iran, America and Israel were allies from the beginning and planned to take over Iraq and middle east.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by axiomaticobserver

I dont think so. Why would it happen now of all years?

For those who keep asking why now. Read my posts. I explain why I think now is a time it might happen. Yes, there have been other times too that just as well could have let to all out war, but I'm just giving my opinion for this time now.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Good post, I too have been puzzling over some of the recent headlines that you have mentioned.

Did you also notice the strange reaction to the Israeli/Egyptian alerts in Hezbollah closing their supply tunnels, the very ones Israel mentioned in it's alert/warning as being the suspected route/method for terrorists to supposedly smuggle their kidnapped Israeli victims from Sinai, Egypt into Palestine?

I thought that was a little odd, possibly even an attempt to stifle a false flag type pre-determined 'plot' unfolding as outlined by Israel?

Also, I noticed in the same week we had posts on here about Nuclear retaliations in USA cities should Iran be attacked...I know it's credibility was questioned, but THEN we have the UNPREDCEDENTED TOTAL SHUTDOWN OF UK AND NORTHERN EUROPEAN AIRSPACE in the same short timeline.

The weather guys and news here in the UK are at pains to tell us that the ash cloud causing this measure
a). Will be totally invisible to the naked eye/ground observer,
b). Won't be any risk to our health as it is too high up (over 20,000 feet).

Also, why is the UK CAA grounding "All pilots", when surely many prop planes could get around below 20,000 feet? Anybody got any answers out there? CAA website link

EDIT: i.e. Could this be a fabricated (via satellite data feed/small number of meteorological experts) or manipulated/exaggerated story to act as a neat excuse to empty the skies without panicking the population or letting an enemy know you've intercepted something?

I don't like what I'm seeing, some odd stuff out there, also big election here in UK, but v. little discussion as far as I can see about Middle Eastern/European affairs here at the moment whilst it's all pushed down the front pages by election debates about domestic affairs...GRRR....

[edit on 15-4-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't know...frankly, and I was way wrong...I thought they would have already been at war. If Israel waits much longer, there won't be much point to striking Iran... and as Syrian ties to Russia grow, the repercussions of any act against Syria grow exponentially.

Like the old pop ballad..."It's now or never."

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
AG, your spot on... it is now or never for Isreal and they know it. Iran is making all the headlines at the moment and everybody knows that something is not right. I was at work today and many people from different backgrounds were discussing how they didn't trust the government and that the wars in the middle east is all about resources.

Everybody is sick of it and basically just wants everybody to get along... all apart from Isreal and it's enemies... there all as bad as each other in my opinion so I'm not going to pick sides here.

It will not end unless the other is destroyed, the best thing we can hope for is a pro-longed stalemate but unfortunately with resources being a commodity of such wealth as they are I cannot see it.

If we are in the same situation ten years from now I will be very, very shocked. US In Iraq, UK and US in Afghanistan, US possibly in Somalia and Yeman... It's not like Vietnam where you just went to war, this is a long, slow strategical battle and when the SHTF, Isreal and it's Allies will want to win. Isreal is pretty desperate so it seems with the US and UK relations breaking down over the Gaza development and Mossad with British passports but I just think thats to please the people, I have no hesitation that both amongst others will come to Isreal's aid. Because if they dont, Russia and China are in the middle east. Do they really want that? no. Can they afford that? no.

My prediction is that war will not happen until the US is ready and in a commanding position to support the war effectively. Basically repel and hold then strike from there. Isreal will not fire a shot until then as they need the U.S and it's allies to be ready to help them. Makes perfect sense to me but then... I'm an armchair strategist... what do I know?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Adono86

I'm with you. I don't want to pick sides either, but I don't think the US should either. This will never happen though. If we hadn't picked sides over this issue to begin with there probably wouldn't be a problem like this over there now.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I just found this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jordan's king saying basically the same thing I was the day before....

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
That and the fact that all military aircraft in Northern Europe including AWACS ??? is now grounded due to a volcanoe in iceland,, so id say at this point strictlly in a military view ,, standing ground armies are back in vougue .

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Egypt has 1000 M1 abrams tanks and 220F16's their kit is a lot more advanced than in the 60's and 70's and they're better trained now than they were back then,frankly I do not see a war between Egypt and Israel any time soon but I suspect the Israelis would have a much harder fight on their hands these days.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
An interesting statement from Russia:

Head of Russia's state nuclear corporation says Iran's much-delayed nuclear power plant in south of the country will become operational in August.

"The launch is scheduled for August. We're now on schedule," Sergei Kiriyenko told reporters in Argentina on Wednesday.

Source:
www.presstv.ir...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join