It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was truly an African!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I just wanted to respond to some of the comments made on this thread. The first thing is in order to understand history, a person must be willing to remove the social constructs placed in our minds by the power elite.

In many cases, it not what you are told, rather it is what you are not told.

We all rely on information being given to us. But the truth is information must be sought. The power elite have no real responsibility in teaching us the truth.

So I would like to bring some information that you may find interesting.

The disbelief of Jesus being an African maybe a hard thing to take, but there is nothing new about it.

Dreaming of a Non-White Christmas

Santa, Jesus and the Symbolism of Racial Supremacy

www.africanbynature.com...

The African Madonna Links

Semite: A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the western Asia and northern Africa, including the Ethiopians, Babylonians, Hebrews, Canaanites (Phoenicians), Carthaginians, Arameans and Arabs.

Note 1: The term "SEMITIC" is actually an linguistic term, not a ETHNIC or RACIAL designations. It do not refer to a RACIAL or ETHNIC group, but rather to a language group or branch. A semite is one who speaks a semitic language. This has always been true, despite popular misuse of the terms. Being a semitic speaking person has nothing to do with having lighter skin color.

Note 2: Ancient African languages represented a stage of linguistic development which predated the division of the languages of western Asia and Africa into semitic and hamitic branches. These ancient African or Afro-asiatic languages actually separated around 12,000 B.C.E., the ancient African languages was the great parent language of these two language groups or branches, ("mother tongue") from which they all descended.

Note 3: It was believed that the Semitic languages now spoken in Ethiopia arrived there from southern Arabia. However, an increasing number of linguists now see the Semitic family started in Ethiopia and spreading from there to Southwest Asia.(Murtonen, 1967).

Arab: A member of a group of people inhabiting Arabia, in western Asia, whose language and Islamic religion spread widely throughout western Asia and northern Africa from the seventh century. The term �Arab� does not have the same meaning as does �Italian� or �Japanese.� Rather, it is more like the term �American," it refers to a roughly common language, geographic territory, and philosophy without a precise ethnic definition. Perhaps unlike many other labels we use to describe each other, the term �Arab� is one that one applies to one's self rather that a label that is given by others.

Your Eyes - Being Aware of False Images Museum

The most disastrous aspect of colonization which you are the most
reluctant to release from your mind is their colonization of the image of God."

- Dr. Frances Cress-Welsing

Of course this is through my research, maybe you can find information that is just as interesting!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Not that I necessarily believe this, but it has been asserted, through the ages, that other than what the Bible mentions of Jesus and a few comments of the Jewish historian, Josephus, there is lacking historical evidence to say that 'Jesus' was real. IF this is true, what difference does it make whether Jesus was black, yellow, white, or olive skinned? Would this not pretty much make what you are laying out here pretty much insignificant?

seekerof

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Bravo Seekerof.
Another great post. That indeed was my oft mentioned reply when this old chestnut of a topic comes around - back when I used to bother replying to it that is.

The reason its so "important" has nothing to do with real history itself, but as a political stand to promote a political ideology. Reality in this case is subservient to the ideology that demands its acceptance....

Despite disproving every post Illmatic threw at me reguarding the "truth" of Jesus being black, it made no difference. beacuse the truth is not the issue, the ideology is what is being debated here...

The addendum to this debate, is the one that the entire Jewish race was black, and that the jews of today are not the jews of then. At this stage the debate becomes farsical, but its still pushed by some here...

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It is all possible, he would have been at least Middle Eastern or North African since he would have been from that area. Plus the fact that he and his apostles at the time spoke Aramaic.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I really want to saty away from the one liners, but man, I can't help it...

*trying... to... restrain... myself...*

I am not wishing to sound cruel or dishearted, but this has been discussed before, with the vast majority of members actually supporting the idea that Jesus was of olive Arabic skinned nature. Coming in second was that he was dark skinned.

Then, there are those two who swear that RoboCop was the True Messiah.

*dramatic pause*

And, further, to many, except for one mod who I shall not name, color is not an issue to what the man was teaching.

Hmm... guess this didn't become a one-liner after all...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I agree that the color of ones skin doesn't matter but what he/she does

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Jesus was not African!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do Jews look African to you?!?!?!?!? He was a Jew because Mary was a Jew (the human part of him)!!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well, I for one think it matters that the majority of dipictions of Christ in western culture is that of a white man when wither he existed or not, whatever colour he was he was certainly not white.

That in itself is a consipiracy. At least something done for reason, even if the reason is simply rascism. To say it doesn't matter to his teachings (which is true) is simply to ignore that.

Edit:AD5673, you might want to look up a little history of the region of Christs birth before Colonel hits you over the head with a wet fish.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by kegs]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As has been indicated, this has been somewhat covered in a variety of threads and topics, but this is the only one that came up with a topic title remotely close to this current topic.

seekerof

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I know. I just don't like to see one of the greatest conpiracies in Western religion easily dismissed.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Sammy Davis Jr. the singer was a jew.
Charlize Theron, the actress, is African.

Are those technicalities? Is it just semantics? Maybe Anti-Semantics?

Who cares really.

People are people, there are good ones, and there are a-holes.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Click Here to view a discussion that I had with "The Colonel" on this issue. It's all pretty much been covered before, but carry on if you wish.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I really don't think in imaginative skin color terms. So I won't use words like yellow, green (olives), white, black (olives), or blue.

However, whoever took a poll on the subject of who Jesus was, that would be a weak concept to base anything on to say the least.

Reality and history is based on the preponderance of the evidence, not by popularity polls. The key word being evidence! It seem to me that many here are only thinking through their emotions. And not providing any evidence.

The biggest problem in the United States is that the education here is very bad. Where in the world did you come up with the belief that Jews are a light skin people only. Is this based on the everyday image of Eastern European Jews in America?

www.angelfire.com...

Well if this is the case, I would say to you that you should look a little deeper. And get over the fear of a dark-skinned image. Saying that it doesn't matter is hardly the truth. As Tim Wise clearly points out!

www.goacom.com...

How Jews Became White Folks and What That Says About Race in America

by Karen Brodkin

www.amazon.com...=1086326876/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-0476764-5056829?v=glance&s=books

The Jews of Africa

www.mindspring.com...

www.haruth.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Not that I necessarily believe this, but it has been asserted, through the ages, that other than what the Bible mentions of Jesus and a few comments of the Jewish historian, Josephus, there is lacking historical evidence to say that 'Jesus' was real. IF this is true, what difference does it make whether Jesus was black, yellow, white, or olive skinned? Would this not pretty much make what you are laying out here pretty much insignificant?
seekerof

If you don't believe Jesus existed then why are you trying to comment on his skin color?

Oh, and what happened to your gang of website links?

Jesus was not African!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do Jews look African to you?!?!?!?!? He was a Jew because Mary was a Jew (the human part of him)!!

The Jews of today are not real, they are only pretenders.

Cu#e, everyone here will tell you I firmly believe Jesus was a black man and I have been making threads and typing posts here about for nearly three years and this is the advice I give you:

Stop.

People here aren't going to believe you.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again. Jesus' appearance is irrelevant.

I have no problems with an African Jesus. I have no problem with a Brown Jesus or an olive skinned Jesus or a white Jesus. Hell, he can be a pixy for all I care. His colour is irrelevant to me - its his message that is important.

Now - I'm going to get some
and I'll leave this thread alone.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Stop! People here aren't going to believe you.

Well you misunderstood me. I wouldn't waste my time trying to convince anyone of anything. The only reason I decided to post here was to pass information to the people who are interested. I realize that many people here will get upset, but as long as one person find this information useful, then it's all good.

Goodnight!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If I was the son of God I would be blue with red speed stripes so I could go faster.
That'd f**k everyone up.

[Edited on 4/6/04 by arsenine]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The false image of Jesus is significant for anyone who believes in the "end times". The world is tricked into worshiping a pretender. I don't believe it matters on the small day to day scale but it would do us all good to realize who and what we are worshipping. I have "holy holy" fam with the false image of christ hanging in their living room and pictured in their bibles. Tis a sign of the times that the false Christ is widely worshipped.

I agree with Illmatic and Cu#e that Jesus was/is black. But I don't like representations of black and brown Jesus either. Idol worship in any form is wrong. The message is clearly more imporant than the image. Over and over again through history man has fallen for this trickery.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Lots of discussion about the "color" or "ethnicity" of Jesus.

Is there anyone here who can tell me Why it matters?
Why is it SO important?

Please, convince me, that the browner the better, or the whiter the better.

In Advance, to those who answer:

I'm still not convinced.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Jesus is brown-skinned, with woolly hair, but the OMIGHTY LORD is of multi-colors in my opionion, because we are all made of his image, so the Bible teaches.

nanna_of_6

<<   2  3  4 >>

join