It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world Aussie Bloke hoax thread...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Reference post www.abovetopsecret.com... According to recent information posted by an ATS user operating under the name, Satariel, the information about a giant cloud with comets headed toward the earth was an elaborate hoax played upon several websites in the conspiracy community. The primary original thread was locked. Feel free to discuss the fall-out and other issues related to this hoax here.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Eh no the info I posted was saying that the info about "the information about a giant cloud with comets headed toward the earth " being a hoax was a hoax. The poster calling himself "The monitors" claimed to have made up the whole AB thing. Later the same poster retracted the whole thing and now it�s even worse than it was before.

Read about it here:

Link

And SkepticOverlord I did not say "Duping the gullible may be immoral or unethical, but it is hardly illegal, unless done for monetary benefit." It was a quote from that post in that other forum and you know that because I said initially: "Note the post below is a forum post at godlikeproductions and is not from me."

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thanks SO for stepping in and taking control back!

I love the moderation here

Too many sites are going nuts with this thing...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satariel
Eh no the info I posted was saying that the info about "the information about a giant cloud with comets headed toward the earth " being a hoax was a hoax.

YEP...the hoax, was a hoax, that was a hoax.....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Funy what a littler hoax can do to mass hysteria.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Really...watching this unfold is about to make fall off of my chair with uncontrollable laughter...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The Hoax Thus Far

1. Aussie Bloke Hoaxes everyone into believing that 3 asteroids are going to crash into the earth starting June 18. The coordinates of impact, of course, are actually out in space. Apparently he just copied and pasted some coords and added information where necessary to make it look authentic. His Hoax is based on the infamous "WAR OF THE WORLDS."

2. The Monitors Hoax details how they made up the Aussie Bloke Hoax to teach the people on the internet not to be so gullible. This Hoax is based on the film, "THE MONITORS."

3. After being challenged and reminded that there might be legal ramifications, The Monitors poster, a single individual, claims his post was actually ALSO a Hoax, and the point was not to believe anything you read on the net unless it's got official something or other stamped on it.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Undomiel]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So... I'm confused... Where is the site and reference where it says its a hoax? Confusion...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Bingo...well put Undomiel

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Who knows what they will come up with next!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Nevermind.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Illmatic67]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
People.......pull your face away from the screen for a moment and breathe deeply.

How likely is it that A.B. is/was a hoaxer??
They only way to prove it is a hoax is to take a powerful telescope and completely search the southern sky.
Oh yeah you will need a radar too in order to detect the invisible cloud.
The only way to prove it wasn't a hoax is ....see above sentences.

The intersting thing is all the corrolating "Events" that are taking place as well.

Have I pointed out that yourlife could end before June 4th, 18th etc...without the assistance of a massive meteor??

It is the internet take it with a grin of salt. Use your instincts and intuition and try to think things through for yourself instead of swallowing everything presented by every Aussie Bloke or Skeptical Overlord.

Realize that if a meteor IS inbound there is really nothing you can do to avoid its consequenses.

Relax and if your heart is fearful of the future try saying a sincere prayer.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i never bothered reading much into that thread, dismissing it as a hoax right away. i didn't even bother to post in it either, because i knew no matter what evidence to disprove this i presented i would be "proven" wrong again and again... but come on a cloud of dust containing comets headed towards earth? now just think about how many amatuer astronomers alone there are in the world... hundreds of thousands, if not millions. a "cloud of dust" or whatever would dim, if not block out, stars from view on earth. this would be seens not just from antartica, but from anywhere on earth this portion of the sky would be visible.

d1k

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"The Monitors" then posted saying that their original debunk was in fact false claiming basiclly "you guys will believe anything you read" and that they truly didnt start the whole AB thing and they have no idea if something is coming or not.

So that was just more BS from someone who wanted to feel special.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
so all it takes for everyone to rest easy and let out a big sigh of relief is for someone to post a on a board "yep i did this you are all dorks?" Heck I could of done that

I'm not saying I believe there is a real danger here I'm just offering an alternative look

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, since we're all confessin' today ....I have to tell the truth...the asteroids are real ...the Earth however is an elaborate hoax that has been perpetrated on you by ....The Man, just trying keep us down. And of course we have all fallen for it. But not me .....noooooo (exit stage left, tinfoil cap in hand)

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
And the Hoax Continues

4. The Fatima Hoax. The newest metamorphosis of the Aussie Bloke Hoax date of June 18 and 3 meterorites, this one includes religion-based prophecies and . It's entirely from a Catholic perspective with a little islam and a few other twists added in. My hunch is, the hoaxers involved will suddenly reveal that religious beliefs are also hoax-worthy and therefore should not be believed, especially when you read them on the internet. This one may also have some connection to a movie of some sort, as I seem to recall a film with 10 men having secret information sent to them from a man on the run from some powerful organization ... I just can't remember what the name of it is.

d1k

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
All this hoax talk...no one has given any evidence as it being a hoax...disappointing that we now have the powers that be on this site persuade the readers that its a hoax.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I was looking forward to the light show

I know, however, that some people took it seriously and were worried. There was even talk of suicide and selling up. As an ex Samaritan who volunteered to help the suicidal, this kind of irresponsible crap seriously pisses me off. There is enough out there for people to be scared of without some arsehole making up things like this.

I suggest we wait until 18 June. If the hoax of a hoax of a hoax is true, we can kick his arse around the world. If its not a hoax at all, we won't care.

Bugger it - I'm off for

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is my belief that Yes the upcoming impact story is indeed a hoax.. A well written one at that... To the laymen it is very convincing.

But think about this for a moment. He tells you to go to the library and look stuff up, dont use the internet...... I can see someone getting kicks out of that, infact I would laugh my *** off at everyone that did go to the library. The internet works just as good for information of that type.

It is also my belief that the true hoaxer has not come out yet. I think there are people I guess they are called "The Monitors" are trying to take credit for it. I don't believe that they are really behind this.

plus, I know plenty of people over the age of 60 and the person who typed all that up doesnt seem like a typical 60 year old to me.. I could be wrong, because where I come from all the old men around here are cattle ranchers

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join