It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There appears to be an unknown order in the universe! Carl Sagan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
While watching "the edge of forever" part of the Cosmos Series by Carl Sagan, I found something that I was amazed I had never seen or heard about before. Ive been searching all morning for resources on this but so far, the only data i have found is whats presented in the movie. I hope some of you space buffs might be able to get more info on this, or might know about this! Truely mind boggling!

It appears there is an unknown order to the universe!

Important work is now being done on mapping the universe, how the galaxies are scattered through intergalactic space. To the surprise of a lot of scientist, on a scale of 100's of millions of light years, the galaxies are not strewn at random, or concentrated in clusters, but instead strung out on odd irregular surfaces like this. Every dot in this animation is a galaxy.

FRONT VIEW
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4690e7b677fa.jpg[/atsimg]

SIDE VIEW
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5f7883bd522.jpg[/atsimg]

And Oddly enough, when view from earths perspective, there is an odd humanoid figure in the galaxies.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d01f8a958a0.jpg[/atsimg]

Original Video - skip to 1 minute into it

This information blows my mind. It seems there are 2 big "canvases" in which galaxies are located, both coming from a single point. It seems as if it gives credence to the big bang theory, however, a ASYMMETRICAL bing bang. I have a hard time comprehending a ASYMMETRICAL "explosion". I have a feeling, that this video is teasing us with some very important information about the creation of the universe. But What is it?

On top of this, im very surprised I have never seen or heard about this before hand. The work was done (courtesy of harvard) back in 1992. Has anyone ever seen or heard about this, prior to today? As it said in the video, this was very surprising information, even to Harvards and Cornells physicists. Surely they must have looked into this phenomenon heavily after it was discovered. But like I said, that information doesnt seem to be very prevalent on the web

any insights or information would be appreciated!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Im doing a little research right now on this topic.
But thought I would throw on a few more pictures.

This work is courtesy of Margaret Geller, an American Astronomer.

From the bottom

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3951af62e1c3.jpg[/atsimg]

From Another Side

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59ba228b5d5f.jpg[/atsimg]

And Here Is Mrs. Geller

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ac4f7f098ee.jpg[/atsimg]

North and South, Sheets and Voids

The first maps, published in 1986, were a great surprise to the astrophysicists. They had expected to find relative uniformity above the scale of the already-familiar galaxy clusters. Instead, the first surveys showed--and subsequent surveys have confirmed--that great clusters of galaxies are arranged in thin sheets or long filaments. The longest sheet detected, called the "Great Wall," extends hundreds of millions of light years across the maps... Interspersed amongst the sheets are great holes, ranging in size from 100 million to 400 million light years in diameter, almost devoid of galaxies. Margaret Geller and John Huchra, two of the scientists on the Center for Astrophysics team, likened the structures to a collection of giant soap bubbles, with the galaxies residing on the surface of the bubble.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a8b41a24272.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Absolutely incredible and cool. Like yourself, I have never heard of this. Hopefully someone will post more information soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Great post OP this is interesting, imho goemetry is all over the universe from tiny molecular configs to exploding supernova

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/daca2d7fab80.jpg[/atsimg]
Battaner and Florido, 1997

Or cheack out the red rectangle nebula example of a bipolar nebula and a protoplanetary/planetary nebula
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c2c521d9e58.jpg[/atsimg]

The freemasons must have their hands full with all these little doozies getting out

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I made a gif animation from the video, for people who want to see this quickly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f669d08a56a1.gif[/atsimg]

Its funny, you can pick out the "humanoid" shape in quite a few frames.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
yeah I heard about the "humanoid" shape of galaxy dispertion years ago.

but here's what I just thought, humans are sort of fractal, torso branching out, then limbs branching into fingers and toes. so it seems galaxy dispertion is also fractal.

as above, so below...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
maybe its just our tech that is not capable to identify galaxies that are more away than these;

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
maybe its just our tech that is not capable to identify galaxies that are more away than these;

Correct.

Also, there is a possibility light coming from areas further away would not reach here due to dust/rocks etc blocking it. Or other means of dispersion of that light.

Also we do not know if light has a max distance it is able to travel. We only assume things like this.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

reply to post by Faiol

I understand what your saying, but that isn't an adequate explanation for this. IF we can see that distance, then that means we can see in that distance in EVERY direction. It still doesn't explain why these metastructure's exist.

I find it very unlikely that galaxies and or dust would have such an organized dispersion at random.

Cause and Effect

Just gonna throw this out there before someone else does-
Maybe the two structures are a different version of the "Parallel Universe" Theory.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
How does the shape, or the presence of fractals in any way provide evidence that a Big Bang took place?

The Universe is an infinity box, and human seems to be the code to advancement, humanoid anyway. This design is the cross as well, implying we learn through suffernig, a duality. Time to change the system as in reality all souls are like all children, learning best in love, freedom and encouragement! Each fractal contains the whole equally as well.

The vacuum, or the BEYOND is considered to be an "ugly infinity" and they went to great lengths to tidy it up into a finite number they could analyze, and its hardly a vacuum. The energy is so significant that if you took everything that the hubble could see in all directions all the way back to close to the is alleged "big bang" and compressed it into one cubic centimeter of the vacuum, it falls short.

To Infinity and Beyond has great implications. Also as to who we are. Its binary too, kind of like a big computer programmed with an infinity program. And 9, is supposedly their attempt to square the circle, or impose a hyperdimensional cube on infinity, whereas 1111111111.........and 00000000..........is inifinity and planets, 9/11 is? The matrix and slavery!

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Helluva good OP, intriguing to say the least, the humanoid figure indeed is interesting, especially when u relate to sooo many philosophies and ancient ways. makes me think of how on many occasions you hear the reference to the human template in the cosmos, the parallels between man and the universe we live in, indeed there is much to indicate that humans themselves co create this reality. kinda makes you think all these "coincidences" of shapes in the heavens arent really that at all, rather more hints as to the true nature of everythingand how we fit in.
cheers for that

[edit on 1-4-2010 by THEsmokefrog]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

damn unity, loved the depth of your words, and your points are true, the big bang theory has always been just that, a theory, otherwise they would call it the big bang fact, anyways, just to say that as a whole humans understand very little of themselves, let alone the universe. Even those with degrees in these fields cannot say with much more certainty than you or I what all this means

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If you look at the many pics I provided. It looks as in all of this matter is getting flung out from a particular point in space, which one COULD assume they originated in this general area. Im not stating any facts, just trying to look at it from a curious observer point of view.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Very cool. Some may not believe it, but I am a huge nerd about science stuff. I love learning facts about the universe

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
At the time that Cosmos was produced we were unable to see what we can now see. We know now that the clumps of galaxies known as superclusters and filaments and walls, as large as they are, fade into insignificance when viewed in the context of the entire universe. By observing the red shift of the clusters it becomes apparent that the "organization" of galaxies into larger groups fades away when seen at scales of 300 million lightyears. Here is the "End of Greatness". Here the universe is a homogeneous collection of stuff, all of it moving away from all of the rest of it. The "cosmic web" is really just part of our neighborhood, our local blob of stuff.

Our expanding universe is still safe. Superclusters are the largest structures allowed by theory and they are the largest structures we have found.
findarticles.com...

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

If you look at the many pics I provided. It looks as in all of this matter is getting flung out from a particular point in space, which one COULD assume they originated in this general area. Im not stating any facts, just trying to look at it from a curious observer point of view.

I saw something else. I saw, an infinite stream of intelligence (the projection of our matrix infinity compter box program/school) coming from the Beyond, not exploding from the beyond, but being streamed in, in a certain shape, with a design bluprint, on the cover of the book that looks, humanoid. Almost like a digital book that can be read, with a cover humanoid.

The shape in no way prefers an explosive beginning, and from what I've read recently, the Big Bang has some big holes in it, and also the Jesuits seemed to want to promote it just prior to its acceptance.

Also from what I've been learning, not only is the vacuum a huge infinity, which seems ot stream and project intelligent design into this binary coded program, but also, they keep finding infinities in the universe itself. They always tidy them up to finites.

en.wikipedia.org...

scientificphilosophy.com...

ldolphin.org...
Zero Point Energy

Note that zero point implies streaming in, not exploding out of nowhere!

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

You are mistaken. The reason why there apparently are two cones coming from a single point is because the map depicts only those two angles of the sky. We are in the point where the two cones meet. The black space is not empty, just undepicted in this map, probably because it was not mapped yet.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Maslo]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
sorry for doublepost..

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am scared sh*tless when I saw this thread and post, and frankly, I am seldom scared.

Some may seem to see humoniods, etc, but what I saw was the female organ – the ovaries, birth canal- and at the end of it – Earth. Is it coincidence?

As Maslo had wrote, we are only seeing one angle with the rest unmapped. What if the other angles are mapped and show the same thing?

It will only mean one scary (personal) thing:-

WE ARE THE CULMINATION OF EXPERIMENTATIONS BY THE UNIVERSE, given birth by various star systems and IS THE HOPE OF THE UNIVERSE, to seed the stars as promised by ancestors from the Abrahamic beliefs, proven by these star system charts!

Are we ready? Looking at our progress, we may still be light years away…..for there is so much issues we as a common race, despite our differences, have YET to reconcile with, which is what that scares me. Fighting and killing each other on a planetary scale is one thing, but within the Universe is a scary thought…..

… Maybe I am seeing too much into this…..

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Maybe the unknown order in the universe or some of these strange shapes has to do with other dimensions that we don't know exist yet.

Sorry I couldn't watch the video before answering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join