It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO outside my home in Maryland *Pictures and Video Included*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
*Pictures Included*

As I was walking home from work at 8 last night, I saw this peculiar
thing in the sky that got my attention. The object consisted of 3
solid lights and 1 blinking light on the right. That immediately ruled
out a helicopter, judging by the size of the object, which was atleast
the size of a jetliner. We live about 15 miles east of BWI airport, so
it is normal to see planes coming and going. But, when they are
ascending or descending, the nose is usually pointed on an angle up or
down. The object I saw was descending in one piece, parallel to the
horizon. These things combined got my attention. I got that feeling
that something was "up", much like when your hairs stand up before
someone pops out in a horror movie. I followed the object, but lost it
as I got to my street. I was a bit disappointed, but immediately spotted
another object that was even more interesting…

The object was a blood red color, and was moving through the sky at a fairly fast speed. I am not familiar with degrees and speeds of sky objects, but if compared with the size of the full moon, it moved across an area that size in less than 5 seconds. It was not very bright, just a bit brighter than the stars on Orion’s belt, so I kept losing sight of it from light pollution. When I first saw the object, it was heading Southwest from my Northwest, while blinking at variable speeds. I pointed it out to a neighbor who said it could be Mars, but it was moving way too fast. Then, it slowed and hovered over my South. I quickly ran in and grabbed my camera. It’s an old 5MP point and shoot, but it has customizable settings for exposure.

When I returned outside, I could not find the red object. I looked around for it, but could not find it. A few minutes later, It reappeared from my Northwest. It followed a similar, but slightly different path than the first time. On a normal 1/8” exposure, the camera did not capture the red object. I upped the setting to 2-6” exposure and captured the flight of the red object. When it reached the spot near where it hovered before, it slowed down, but then rounded a 90 degree turn and I lost it a few seconds later. Up until when it rounded the turn, I thought the object could be a plane or a meteor or something, despite having 2 passes. But the 90 degree turn was done at a speed that I have never seen in any other object. After the turn, I could have sworn it turned to blue, and then I lost it.

I stayed outside for another minute or so, and then went back inside & looked at the pictures & video. I was disappointed with the video, it was all black. But I did kind of expect this so I talked about everything I was seeing. Here are the 3 clips. In between the 1st and 2nd clips, the object rounded the 90 degree turn. The 3rd clip was after I lost it just describing what I saw.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Clip compilation:

As for pictures, I was a bit more lucky. I got 4 really good shots of the red object. It appears like a streak in the picture because of the timed exposure. And in one of the shots, there is an S shaped thing in the upper right corner, just ignore that. It was a helicopter. You might have to turn up the brightness on your monitor, the red object is a bit dim and hard to see

Pictures (Reduced size):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6269bf80eb0d.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ced6f855dd26.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebb466f5f84d.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebafe9bfc913.jpeg[/atsimg]

Pictures (Full size):

Download from Picasa album:
picasaweb.google.com...

Here is the flight path, as plotted over a google map:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b30b390a7ddf.png[/atsimg]

Disclaimer: I put the photos in order of timing, but am not 100% sure of the exact location. Only that the one taken at 8:10 was during the first Northwest-Southwest flight pass, and the 3 after were during the second pass. It was very dark and it all happened so fast that I cannot match up the pictures with 100% positivity.

I apologize for not getting this thread up sooner. My parents are a
bit strict when it comes to being on my computer after 7, so I had to
wait until today to post.

So, what do you guys think? I couldn't find a logical explanation for this...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You-tube links don't work?

[edit on 28-3-2010 by hande]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hande

Thanks for letting me know. Links fixed. Working now

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I can't see anything at all in the videos, nor in the photos.

Is there anyway you could make the videos any clearer, because the first video it just seems like a blank screen

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Interesting thread. It's hard to conclude much from your vids and images...not enough detail. I wanted to post a reply just to acknowledge the effort you've made. It's also cool to see the 1st You Tube video go from 0 views to 35 views as I watched it. ATSers will sometimes discuss a video they haven't seen or a link they haven't read!

SnF for the effort and enthusiasm.

Take it easy.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I realy cant see anything in vids or pictures all i can tell is a light source of somekind "could be anything", not saying i dont believe you just that I wish cameras would work as good as the naked eye sometimes. better luck next time.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Dude, you need to fix your videos, so i could see it for myself

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Nice approach and presentation S&F. As everyone else will say, can't really make out anything, but I can see there is something there. Hope you get a second bite.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I can't see anything. IF you could put it together, we could take a better look. Perhaps, ask someone if your having trouble with some technical aspect.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by vanhippi
I can't see anything at all in the videos, nor in the photos.

Is there anyway you could make the videos any clearer, because the first video it just seems like a blank screen

I think i mentioned earlier, the videos were pretty much just black (crappy camera). I left them up because i mention and describe what i am seeing, so i thought that would be helpful to some people.

Originally posted by paradiselost333
I realy cant see anything in vids or pictures all i can tell is a light source of somekind "could be anything", not saying i dont believe you just that I wish cameras would work as good as the naked eye sometimes. better luck next time.

I'm beating myself up for this. I should have upgraded my camera a long time ago!!! A DSLR wouldn't have had these crappy pictures

Yes, it was much more obvious to the naked eye. It was the size of a star, but a bit dimmer.

I played around with the contrast and saturation in the pics. hopefully these are better. They are cropped versions of the pics in the OP:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe87260aa828.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a3740b52601.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82d7b318d677.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd63f462bae0.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
just added a clip compilation on my youtube profile:
www.youtube.com...

For some reason the direct link isn't working though...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I can hear the sincere excitment in your voice however, can't see anything in your videos.

Please keep us updated. It's not uncommon for these 'things' to return to the scene of the crime (lacking a better word) so go out there again tonight.

Smile~

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Can you please provide the unaltered/unedited pictures - raw format straight from your camera? That way analyst can properly analyze them.

Thanks

[edit on March 28th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Can you please provide the unaltered/unedited pictures - raw format straight from your camera? That way analyst can properly analyze them.

Thanks

[edit on March 28th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

I just uploaded raw pictures & videos here:
www.4shared.com...
It's in a 9 MB zip file along with some other pics i didn't post

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPhish
I can hear the sincere excitment in your voice however, can't see anything in your videos.

Please keep us updated. It's not uncommon for these 'things' to return to the scene of the crime (lacking a better word) so go out there again tonight.

Smile~

I definetly will. Although i doubt i'll be able to see anything tonight, it's overcast.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oddly enough I'm right in your back yard, other side of the airport though. I normally wouldn't put my location out there like that but I've got something to add you might find interesting, I hope you don't mind.

Anyway back on March 9th I saw something similar at about 3pm. Living near the airport you're used to seeing all types of planes and helicopters. I saw a white dot way up there going from roughly north to south, dropping I guess 5 degrees? Thought it was a plane until it did a loop and went back in the direction it came from. As I'm watching I could have sworn it was trailing a cone of not really black smoke but more like the haze you would see on a hot road.

No time to grab my camera, it would had to have been in my hand to even have a chance of filming it. So believe me I know your frustration over seeing something and not being able to prove it, at least you tried. Your story is good enough for me though as being so close, location and date of sighting, maybe we both really caught a glimpse of something unexplainable.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigern
Oddly enough I'm right in your back yard, other side of the airport though. I normally wouldn't put my location out there like that but I've got something to add you might find interesting, I hope you don't mind.

Anyway back on March 9th I saw something similar at about 3pm. Living near the airport you're used to seeing all types of planes and helicopters. I saw a white dot way up there going from roughly north to south, dropping I guess 5 degrees? Thought it was a plane until it did a loop and went back in the direction it came from. As I'm watching I could have sworn it was trailing a cone of not really black smoke but more like the haze you would see on a hot road.

No time to grab my camera, it would had to have been in my hand to even have a chance of filming it. So believe me I know your frustration over seeing something and not being able to prove it, at least you tried. Your story is good enough for me though as being so close, location and date of sighting, maybe we both really caught a glimpse of something unexplainable.

Yeah, i've seen a lot of similar things like that since i moved here in 2000. Most of the time it can just be written off as a plane or helicopter. But every so often there is a weird object like what you described, that just does not seem to be normal, or be explained by normal means

Anybody know what the best way to record or take a picture of something like this? Cameras are not nearly as sensitive as the naked eye, so the hard part is to get enough light exposure for the camera to register. Thats why i did mult-second exposure. Is there any other way?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I live in Randallstown....there have been several credible sightings in Baltimore, Howard and Anne Arundel counties the past few months. Most have been triangular shaped craft with red lights, fairly low hovering and no sound. In at least 2 of these reports, the craft was quite large...these were seen near Owings Mills Mall and and at Windsor Mill Rd / Rolling Rd. in Woodlawn. Both of these craft suddenly appeared then vanished after a few seconds. If you have any evidence supporting these and other sightings, please forward to us at the links provided at the site.

Phantoms and Monsters

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Only when comparing our vision with the results from a camera can we understand how good our vision is.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about the video, except using a different camera.

top topics

join