It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO in high school textbook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm in grade 11 and taking S.S. 11 Hon. In our textbook, there's one section titled ''The New World Order'' that talks about how after Bush proclaimed a ''NWO'', the UN would be a global police force and use military force to keep peace and security under the guidance of the U.S. It also talked about how Canadians questioned their role in the NWO, NATO and NORAD especially after they bombed Yugoslavia. Wow...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Supernatural

Thanks for sharing, this is interesting to say the least. Any chance you could scan and upload the pages or possibly just write down the sections? The name of the textbook would be nice too. I want to see exactly and everything that is being said about the NWO in history classes and from what source.

Thanks again for the info.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Look at the URL. Thread 553666. Kind of odd considering you are talking about NWO.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The textbook is ''counterpoints Exploring Canadian Issues'' by Michael Cranny and Garvin Moles. It's a short section (pg.153-154) and I listed pretty much all of the good parts. I think 2 other people in my class know about the NWO. The thing is, we're learning about WWI right now, not this, as I just skimmed and found this so I wonder what the teacher and the class will say once we get there.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Well thank you again for the info. Would be great if you updated when you did cover the subject, just to see what points your teacher covers. S+F for you and your help.

What you stated was enough to prove that the NWO is a real concept. People still thinking that this is a conspiracy need to wake up to its reality. The NWO is the slang label for the elitist. The pinnacle of power. Just because the NWO has been associated with far out theories, does not mean its existence is a hoax. I highly doubt if the NWO was in full run the histroy books would even know. But, they obviously know enough to mention them.

Notice that they mention the NWO in a high school history book and not on some conspiracy website? Anything clicking? Starting to get a wake up call to the reality of TPTB?

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well,it actually means nothing.

Text books particularly are not gone over paragraph by paragraph by a group of historians.

This particular passage could just be a person working for the publishing company's attempt at a joke.

It does not reflect anybody's belief, including the school system or the teachers.

It is interesting it is in the book though.

Being in Canada it wouldn't surprise me though.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

I disagree a bit... What is the most powerful instrument used by teachers to educate our children? Text books. Now even if this is a hoax of some kind by the author, wouldn't you think that is a bit overboard to be hoaxing about a New World Order?

I mean even the OP was observant enough to point this out to us? Do you really think this doesn't influence kids in one way or another?

By your logic it would be nothing if high school students studied bigfoot in science books, as long as it was a short excerpt. What however would you think if the excerpt claimed bigfoot as real? Even if short is that not complete ignorance? I mean the last thing we need is a bunch of confused, misinformed children that will one day rule this world, and the history books changing in Texas was just the beginning. This is proof to that.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I learned about the NWO in gr. 11 too. And 12, and all through university. Its not really a conspiracy, and the idea has been around for a long time. Its just the result of the developing global economy, which we learn about all the time.

they discuss Bush senior coining the term, and the role of the rockafellers and governments and whatnot. Im not a pro on the subject, but its certainly not a taboo subject, and rightly so.

Its just a reality of life, they are priming you for the world you will grow in to. It gets much better in university.

im also canadian. I dont know why americans would avoid teaching these kinds of things...

[edit on 20-3-2010 by SPACEYstranger]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If there's one thing I've learned about the NWO and TPTB it is how subtle they can be. A movie scene or media report here a verse in a book or UN meeting there.

The leader Van Rompuoy very subtle the way he assumed power of the EU.

I think it is all part of a slow and steady conditioning I.V. drip. It's like how parents can't really notice their kids growing but when the aunt or uncle comes over they immediately see the difference.

They all seem very sneaky to me.

It would be neat if the OP was given a few well researched nuggets from some NWO afficiandos here on ATS so that a good discussion could be had to shed some light on the topic and enlighten the rest of the class instead of the teacher passing right over it or giving it the ole' "conspiracy giggle slide"

[edit on 21-3-2010 by sparrowstail]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It won't matter in the long run... because America is being set up as next 4th Reich.

Text books in the future will talk about how America tried to set up a NWO... and failed because they were "evil".

All signs point to America's failure, collapse, and demise... So I really don't care what's in my children's history book anymore.

Although I feel sorry for the last few batches of teenagers that will be deceived into going off to fight in a war that has no real cause.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

get ahold of this book at all costs!!! Video tape it, post it up on ATS.. GO GO GO .. !! This has been going on for a long time now with students reading about this so called history ..

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I cant believe so many people dismiss this as conspiracy There is a difference between NWO the process, and NWO the conspiracy.

The process is clearly taught and completely covered to business and economics students. The conspiracy is... well... a mess of random paranoia that is completely incoherent.

Its like.... take all the rich and powerful people who are lobbying for a global economy(rather openly and for good reasons), call them evil, put some shady characters behind and above them, and assume their out to GETCHA!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Stupid Americans don't remember their own history. After the fall of the Soviet Union during the presidency of Bush the Elder, there was a lot of talk about the "New World Order", which meant establishing a peace keeping system making the world safe for democracy and globalist capitalism. Yes, the US was to have a substantial role in enforcing this new era of world wide democracy and free markets, but it certainly was not a conspiracy. On the contrary, it was out in the wide open and generally lauded (by anti nationalists and liberals) the world over.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Tussilago]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am in 12th grade right here in the US, and in my sociology text book, they have a page about the NWO in one of the chapters. I'm going to have to re-read what it says tomorrow in class.

new topics

top topics

join