It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug could turn soldiers into super-survivors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

www.newscientist.com

A LUCKY few seem to be able to laugh in the face of death, surviving massive blood loss and injuries that would kill others. Now a drug has been found that might turn virtually any injured person into a "super-survivor", by preventing certain biological mechanisms from shutting down.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
My thoughts:
**This could totally change medicine as we know it.
** It scares me though because we keep striving to save everyone, birth rates are going up - we are unbalancing the circle of life
** the rich live longer the poor die younger
** if we didnt send soldiers to war to start with.. dont get me started on that!
nothing really else to add, just thought you guys might like a read and to have your say ;-)

www.newscientist.com

[edit on 30-1-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Here's the entire problem with powerful discoveries like this. Human beings have become too smart for their own minds and common sense in my opinion. Take this Alam doctor. He doesn't care or he's too stupid to realize the ramifications of his research. Just like Einstein and the atomic bomb. We as human beings are going to start to realize for quickly in the not so distant future that no matter what we discover, what we take apart and put back together, or how much we THINK we know........there are certain rules or laws of nature that will ALWAYS guide our life and this planet. Whoever or whatever created this planet and the human body knew what the hell they were doing. But human beings have destroyed a good part of the natural yin and yang balance of planet earth and moreover the human body. We think we are advancing when we discover things like this and reduce complex systems from their whole down to their parts...............but we are not. In many ways we take one step forward and two steps back.

Just because we figure out how something works by taking it apart........we think that is how it's supposed to work. We compartmentalize and reduce things down to their parts while completely side stepping and overlooking how they work synergistically and as a whole. Modern science has become so damn reductionary and compartmentalized. It's like a kid who takes apart the vacuum cleaner. Yeah he figures out how it works, all the intricacies etc. But when he puts it back together again it just never quite works the same. Modern science is very similar.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Now Alam has repeated the study in pigs. He anaesthetised the animals, drained 60 per cent of their blood, and subjected them to other injuries before giving them a saline transfusion. He then injected some of the pigs with valproic acid, gave others a blood transfusion and left the remainder untreated

And didn't the US military blow up pigs in Humvees at one time for the benefit of mankind and scientific research?
What did he do as far as "other injuries"?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yeah, shame we keep saving people isn't it.

Perhaps we should look at cutting population numbers.

I suggest we start with the rich people first.

Redistribute their hoarded wealth, and the poor will enjoy a better standard of living for a change.

We have way too many rich people on this world, time to cull them all i think.

This drug looks to be a real life saver...it should at least allow more time to get the injured to a treatment centre if nothing else.

[edit on 30/1/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This should be on every Paramedic Ambulance.

Think about how many accident victims that could be saved.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm glad my zombie kit is stocked and prepared...

Super suvivors?

Hopefully it doesn't mutate into the rage virus...28 weeks later?

We're screwed.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

This one gave me a giggle but the fact of the matter is that we have no idea how close a "zombie" is to being real. Just look at how rabis (sp?) affects animals... with a slight mutatution (naturally or by someone trying to mess with it on purpose) a person infected with rabis may become a mindless, aggressive animal.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The Linda Geddes who wrote the NewScientist article is sadly misleading a lot of people. I bet there are going to be people who wouldn't have otherwise taken depakote who will take it out of curiousity of that article. Thats a lot of bad karma I wouldn't want to go on a good person, so I write in this thread.

Depakote, valproate sodium, valproic acid, divalproex, or whatever you would like to call it...IS A STERILANT!

85%+ hand-counted on a slide sperm abnormalities reported after exposure to depakote... thats only 15% of sperm being normal after taking it. If u want to do that.. Fine... go on telling people you are a super survivor... You will just need some expensive IVF if you want a kid that doesn't have spina bifida for sure.

So I look up Linda Geddes, the author of the article on the supersurvivor depakote eunuch. Apparently she was awarded for her non-alarmist...

"outstanding reporting that enhances the public understanding of health issues pertaining to the field of endocrinology"

Linda Geddes - Endocrine Society Award

...for this article that claims that Lance Armstrong's performance was increased by his loss of a testicle.

Superhuman. What gives elite athletes the edge?

And I threw in one of her sterilization apologist articles on the effects of birth control on sexual attraction that makes no mention of permanent female infertility as a possible side effect to birth control.

Has the pill changed the rules of sexual attraction

Look folks.. if you're just walking into this subject of Depakote as a sterilant now... newscientist is now officially the worst place to start.

Here are a few ATS threads making mention of Depakote independently as a sterilant, and in the context of the Bioshield II legislation.

Mass sterilization campaign Exposed! This Includes You! Epigenotoxins! Legal Loophole!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bioshield Two: And Now For Some Real "Pandemic" Insight... If You Dare
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think the idea is simply to render as many infertile as possible while its still legal then make money with in-vitro fertilization services popping up left and right. Epigenetic liability has not yet been legally established, meaning epigenetic toxins have no legal status, and so you as the patient, must fend for yourself in this matter.

The problem is also in the legal definition of fertility. Epigenetic harm doesn't change the fertilization rate of the sperm...as much as it changes the miscarriage rate of the developing embryo...Increasing it until infertility is achieved...for rats this is after a 30 gram dose.. In humans its higher, but like I said its up to you to read for yourselves.

Watch out for the innocent Linda Geddes' of the world, and british accents repeating things that just don't sound right.

If you want to discuss depakote, I would do it from a previous thread in which there are higher quality works cited. I wouldn't want readers to get entranced by this super-survivor propaganda one bit.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by elusive1]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

(It's 28 days by the way
) - But yhea that is one scary ass thought!

And to Zosynspiracy... They are pigs, they are not humans, the Nazi's and maybe, more that likely actually, other people have developed medicines and medical procedures by testing on live humans, and good people and good doctors give and receive these these meds everyday, some of them are aware of how they were developed... Would you withhold help because of an ethics?

Any way we eat pigs, I'm thinking about bacon right now! And they were anaesthetized, what's the problem?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Does this drug have to be injected into the veins ? Or can it be injected into mussel and or fat and still be effective.?

The reason why I was wondering is because this drug would be a useful item in a first aid kit. One could have some in a car in case of a injury collision, as well as hikers and high risk jobs/sports that have the chance of severally injuring people.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

www.newscientist.com

A LUCKY few seem to be able to laugh in the face of death, surviving massive blood loss and injuries that would kill others. Now a drug has been found that might turn virtually any injured person into a "super-survivor", by preventing certain biological mechanisms from shutting down.

Didn't we hear about this fifty years ago?

Just saying....

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

Is a sterile person, unable to reproduce, plagued with seizures as a result of depakote, is that a zombie?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

I'm gonna guess it has to be in the vein cos it's gonna get around the body quicker, into the muscle is gonna take longer and this would only be used in time critical situations.

Mind you the average Joe Blogs wont get his hands on this for years to come if it even becomes licensed in the first place - best bet is not to have a massive trauma!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

This isn't just for soldiers... it's for anyone who may have had an accident and is losing enough blood to die out!

May initially be for soldiers on the battlefield but i can see it being rolled out across the globe eventually... isn't this a good thing?

Mind you.. you know what comes next?

Immortality...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I thought Germany already figured this out in WWII.

It was called Meth.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yeah, if this actually gets into mainstream medicine, which I doubt, then I would hope they add "No Alternative Life Support" to driver's licenses, etc.

I don't want to wake up from an accident as a sterile monster, and former shadow of myself, because some scrote paramedic assumed I'm afraid to die. I'll take the death instead, thanks.

Sad.

Anyway, that was a bit off-topic.

Towards the article itself:

"Drugs make super-soldiers", basically. This is so very telling on the real ramifications and applications of this supposed 'drug'. The very first thing they want, is to use it for "super-soldiers". My word! Why do we need super-soldiers?! What kind of nation(s) would want something like this for the purpose of warfare if they weren't Completely and Utterly barbaric, violent and a warring Empire?

Why do we listen to the "horrors of the Nazi experiments" or, "the horrors of the [insert any] experiments" through history, school, tabloids, television, etc.. Only to do it ourselves?!!? This is insane!

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Since this new drug seems iffy just use this instead:

www.hemostasisllc.com...

Not quite as good but no sperm mutations either lol.

As a side note any info on egg damage? Since women have their eggs for life and sperm is created continuously. So perhaps its only production that is effective and females could use this with no worries?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Please dont get me wrong I dont believe in population reduction by any means, and believe there is more than enough room here for many times more if we use our technology for good instead of war.
I just simply understand that this is not going to happen any time soon and the current system can not support us breaking the laws of nature so rapidly while a minority get to live it up and have everyone elses share of resources advancement - most of it being wasted inefficently, the current system can not be sustained, I believe we all know and feel this.

;-)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Sounds like too much cocain. One can survive many bullet wounds when on coke. You feel absolutely nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join