It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2010

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I thought this was worth repeating here.

Great site for all kinds of weather-modification info and this kind of weaponry.

From
www.prahlad.org...

Tesla Howitzers in Earthquake mode

How to Make an Earthquake

"Here's how you initiate a very large earthquake with such weapons. Take a convenient fault zone of set of them. Focus the interferometry on the fault zone, in the "diverging" mode, and deposit EM energy there in the rocks on both sides, increasing (slowly) the stress in the rocks by the reverse piezoelectric effect (deposit excess energy, get crystal mechanical movements).

"Do it slowly, and the stress will build up to large pressures well-above a plate slip minimum energy required. At some point, the rocks yield and one or both sides "slip" and move rather sharply, giving a very large earthquake in that zone.

"Do the same thing down in the earth (remember, LWs easily penetrate right through the earth and ocean at will, and so the "interference zone" focus can be inside the earth or beneath the ocean, at will.

"Anyway, focus this thing down to where the active part of the volcano is still slumbering, down where the hole in the plate has been made. Keep increasing the deposition of energy in the magma itself, and eventually the increasing pressure from deep within that volcano, underground, will cause an eruption. Build the energy slow, and the eruption will likely be much larger."

www.earthchangestv.com...

And because I live "on the edge" here in Northern California,where we just recently had the 6.5 and the 6.0,I wonder if something like this is going on.

The great thing about this kind of weaponry is that it is so hard to prove.(Not great for those on the receiving end,of course!)

[edit on 4-3-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

I believe that what you see on KCT is mostly caused by the ocean
surf, and is typical of coastal seismometers. The pounding surf
keeps the earth ringing. Those oscillations travel quite far
inland, and you can see the same wave forms at lower amplitude.
quake.wr.usgs.gov...

But some of this is also caused by all the large quakes that are
happening. The earth is ringing like a giant bell.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Magnitude 6.3 - ANTOFAGASTA, CHILE
2010 March 04 22:39:25 UTC

That's the 4th 6+ quake today in the world.

Rockin out.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is an experiment as I don't know how to direct you to the media.

First sound from B208.PB.063

If this works I will post the rest tomorrow as it is late here

Yes that worked. I will try and work out exactly when this sound is but it should be around the first wiggle.

[edit on 4/3/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

What quake is that?

It was over a minute long and spooked me and my cats too!

Want to hear more!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
That sound of 208 was way too cool. My impression of it in the beginning couple of seconds reminded me of when you rub your finger around a crystal glass to make it sing but hasn't gotten to the high tone yet, like your just starting the vibrations to make the crystal sing; and then half way thru changes to like... oh I dont know how to spell it but I know it as a "dijorydoo" (spelled it phonetically).

A long hollow wooden tube approx 4inch diameter and about 5 feet long with a wax "mouthpiece" at one end. It has a very low tone and once you have heard one you never forget the sound. This sound reminded me of it.

Casing

found it!

Didgeridoo

The Didgeridoo is a long, slightly conical wooden instrument, used traditionally by the Aboriginal people of Northern Australia. Other names for the Didgeridoo are Yirdaki, Kanbi, and Ihambilbilg - although at least 40 different Aboriginal names are commonly used for this instrument throughout Australia. Known as the oldest wind instrument in the world, the origins of the didge may go back as far as 40,000 years. Though only one "note" can be played with the didge (called a drone), overtones and vocal sounds from the player give it a rich sound and countless textures.

www.oddmusic.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is really quite an amazing thread.

Where you can find concrete data. And, actual discussion. About Earthquakes.

I think that speaks volumes as to the value of a community like ATS.

Well done, fellas. (Ladies? No reason to be insulting)

[edit on 3/4/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Magnitude 5.7 - LIBERTADOR O'HIGGINS, CHILE
2010 March 05 03:34:32 UTC

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 5.2 - LIBERTADOR O'HIGGINS, CHILE
2010 March 05 03:55:18 UTC

[edit on 4-3-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a bunch of really big quakes today and now equake has been silent for 7 hours almost. Tooo quite.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I could not bring this up at home on dial up - i had to call me friend and have them play it over the phone for me : =
intense - mother earth and the whistling breaths and crackling rock as she exhaules - awesome - Thank you so much for that increadable audio of the earth sqeaking to us.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

It was not any particular quake. It was approximately 35 minutes of the webicorder B208.PB posted earlier - the first of the strange squiggles. I have the rest of them ready to upload so I will do that today. I will also upload the 'pipecleaners' from LKWY recorder last year if I did not lose them in my PC crash.

My dogs dislike these intensely when I play them, yet they have never been anywhere near an earthquake. I think they are mesmerising. I could lisen to them for hours.

[edit on 5/3/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

You really should download my program. Even if you do not use the quake downloading part (although that takes but a few seconds a day) you can use the seismo recording >> wave part. All you need is Vase 2.8 and you can go and get a precise set of seismo data which should not take long to download, and then you can make these sound files yourself. Then you need Audacity to chop out the bits you don't need. (All of these are free, including my QuakeData program. Don't download it today however as there is a small release coming to correct some problems.)

OK this is the pipecleaner signal from Jan last year at LKWY. It is a small file. Very different from the signal at B208.PB

[edit on 5/3/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I think this thread is starting to give me the creeps!

I'm starting to imagine "It's an earthquake!",when it's just another truck going by!

(On Edge,indeed!)

...Someone wake me up when it's over....

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Canada

With regards to your question on a 3D program of plate tectonics, such a thing would be a wonderful model to have, even though it might need something a little more powerful than my PC to run it. A couple of Crays perhaps. No seriously however this is not what is stopping them doing it.

The fact of the matter is that they could not produce such a model yet since they simply don't know fully what is actually going on.

They believe there is magmatic convection - but they don't know how it works.

Subduction is a theory - it is not actually proven beyond all doubt and only recently someone decided that plates were pulled and not pushed (I am trying to find the reference for that).

When you study the plates and look at the figures they give, and the directions of movement, and then put that against other statements elsewhere, you begin to realise that the plate movements are not fully defined. I am trying to put it all together but I think it is going to take some considerable time - months or more.

When I have sorted it out in my head maybe I will write the program!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Something new every morning:
MAG UTC DATE-TIME
y/m/d h:m:s LAT
deg LON
deg DEPTH
km Region
MAP 5.1 2010/03/05 10:31:24 -37.477 -73.699 35.0 OFFSHORE BIO-BIO, CHILE
MAP 5.1 2010/03/05 10:14:26 1.916 127.497 104.2 HALMAHERA, INDONESIA
MAP 6.3 2010/03/05 09:19:37 -36.709 -73.444 35.0 OFFSHORE BIO-BIO, CHILE
MAP 5.2 2010/03/05 03:55:19 -34.482 -71.443 35.0 LIBERTADOR O'HIGGINS, CHILE
MAP 5.7 2010/03/05 03:34:33 -34.405 -71.696 23.0 LIBERTADOR O'HIGGINS, CHILE

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I find your comment about your dogs facinating. I wonder if there sounds are audible to dogs long before we can pick them up. Animals seem to react to quakes hours or even days before they occur. Perhaps its as simple as they can hear it before we can. I will post this on the "Alternate ways to predict EQs" thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

(Preliminary magnitude — update expected within 15 minutes)
Date-Time

* Friday, March 05, 2010 at 11:47:11 UTC
* Friday, March 05, 2010 at 08:47:11 AM at epicenter

Location 36.626°S, 73.261°W
Depth 33 km (20.5 miles) set by location program
Region OFFSHORE BIO-BIO, CHILE

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
6.8 now relisted as 6.6

[edit on 5-3-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Puterman, let me know when your program has it's bugs worked out and I will "attempt" to down load and use (now that's scary stuff :-)! ) lol. B208 and LKWY are both seismos for Lake Yellowstone so could you please post the awesome audio there as well. I have not yet been able to listen to the last audio yet - heading to work in a few hours.

And - besides for Chile, Where'd all the quakes go??? Absolutely frightening!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Magnitude 6.8 - SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA, INDONESIA

Magnitude 6.8 (Preliminary magnitude — update expected within 15 minutes)
Date-Time

* Friday, March 05, 2010 at 16:06:59 UTC
* Friday, March 05, 2010 at 11:06:59 PM at epicenter

Location 4.002°S, 100.747°E
Depth 33 km (20.5 miles) set by location program
Region SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA, INDONESIA
Distances

* 171 km (106 miles) W (261°) from Bengkulu, Sumatra, Indonesia
* 342 km (213 miles) S (173°) from Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia
* 418 km (260 miles) SW (230°) from Jambi, Sumatra, Indonesia
* 681 km (423 miles) SSW (210°) from SINGAPORE

Location Uncertainty Error estimate not available
Parameters NST= 11, Nph= 11, Dmin=245.7 km, Rmss=0.47 sec, Gp=155°,
M-type="moment" magnitude from initial P wave (tsuboi method) (Mi/Mwp), Version=0
Source

* West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center/NOAA/NWS

Event ID at00780521

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join