It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unofficial Poll: will Americans ever engage in a armed conflict with our government?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There's been a lot of talk lately... rally cries and billboards encouraging revolt and revolution...

I'm not going to inject my own thoughts on this so as not to sway your answers... remember there is no right or wrong here just your feeling...

So go with your gut...

For any reason from self defence to wresting power away from corrupt leadership... reason doesn't really matter in this case... the question is

Will Americans at some point feel compelled to bare arms against our own government?

Do we, "We the People" still have it in us?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'll bite.

My heart says I sure as hell hope it doesn't come to it but that's not the question.

My answer is that I fear it is yes. And yes, I do believe that ENOUGH Americans still have it in them to do what is needed if the corruption doesn't stop.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think yes....

I hope not but, the 1st time there is a power outage and its lasts for 48 -72 hours, and the TV's are off, "the big pacifiers" gone, it would happen much faster.

Not including any military or police presence, that would fuel it also.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They have the technology.
We have the numbers.

Even the servicemen I talk to say they will fight for citizens because of an oath they swore to.

I, for one, will fight for my rights.
---->[Tyranny]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The answer to your question really depends on how many it takes to define "Americans".

I believe that yes, there are a great number of people out there ready, willing, and able to physically fight our government. I think that their numbers are great, but far too few.

So, if your question is "Will the majority of Americans be willing to fight our government ?"-- my answer, sadly, is no.

I believe you will see pockets of people popping up all over the country. They will be barred from MSM, the White House will do little to acknowledge their existance, and many will begin to think these groups were invented by some militia or something.

That's just my two cents. As long as cell phones work, the TV is on, and McDonalds stays open -- I say the majority will stay home and watch American Idol.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Unofficial Poll: will Americans ever engage in a armed conflict with our government?

Good question on a saw-toothed topic. (S&F for stones alone)

First of all, let's be clear that our government was never meant to be separated from, or above 'We the People'. I think it is clear that our founding fathers intended just the opposite and to make sure that the government never got out of control, they created a series of the well-known 'checks and balances'.

But today? Have those checks and those balances checked and balanced? It is certainly arguable that our present government has usurped the constraints and become a burgeoning, slothful entity that feeds from, rather than offering service to, those same people.

For me personally, there are several tripwires. One would be the right to bear arms. To subjugate this nation, it would first be necessary to take our weapons... or our ammo.
Secondly, it would require a military-type state police force that was above local authority. To date, this has not happened... at least in whole.

Thomas Jefferson was clear on this matter... that a little revolution now and then was a good thing. But this also requires the patriot... the devoted patriot who is willing to sacrifice for his nation and his neighbors.

We are comfortable... right now. Even in the midst of what is arguably a minor depression, we are a nation in the bosom of material comfort.

It could be difficult to raise a militia from a populace that is busy with big screen TVs and mowing manicured lawns.

Coin flip.

Edit: Typos

[edit on 23-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Nope.

Most people are just too worried about day-to-day survival, and even if they were so inclined or got pushed to this limit they'd never get organized due to polarization on so many levels (economic, religious, racial, you name it, and I believe by design) and lack of arms. Others don't see anything wrong. Among those who do see things wrong, most believe someone else will handle it.

Pity too because it doesn't even have to come to armed conflict. A public referendum could simply overthrow the whole government (i.e. fire ever sitting member of congress at least) and start over, thus ridding us of the paralysis and corruption that's become so ingrained. This won't happen either, for the same reasons stated in the first paragraph.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If the current path of corrupt government composed of the liars, cheats and thieves running in now continues... probably yes.

Will there be enough of them to succeed? Questionable

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I know no one will take my rights i'll fight any day anytime for whats mine. I think it would be bad if our stupid gov. tried to take our rights away it would be self suicide now days everyone owns multiple guns, assault rifles, we are millions strong and these days everyone to their boiling point with our BS government and their lies. It's only a matter of time before people here explode

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If and when people arm themselves and take to the streets; it will not be directed at the authorities but will turn into a racial war so fast it will make your head swim.

People of color will be the scapegoats just as the Jews were in Germany. The Brown shirts are already massing in America although known by another name. 3 guesses.

At the first sign of civil strife in a big city; I'm outta here for a more saner country or perhaps a tropical island.
God help us.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

i dont believe that, maybe a select few will go that route the majority will rise against authorities of our crooked government and the deceitful law enforcement especially once they cluster up and start their normal beatings on people voicing their opinions of free speech

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
First post after lurking for a couple of years.

Whereas there's a high probability of conflict of some sort in the future, let's hope and pray it never comes to pass, as it would most surely result in a bloodbath of epic proportions for the insurgents. The civilian population is outgunned, lacks the proper discipline and training to pose a real threat, and is divided beyond any real hopes of a cohesive force. A house divided cannot stand, and the divide and conquer techniques employed by TPTB have been entirely too effective. But hey, what do I know?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thumper666
First post after lurking for a couple of years.

Whereas there's a high probability of conflict of some sort in the future, let's hope and pray it never comes to pass, as it would most surely result in a bloodbath of epic proportions for the insurgents. The civilian population is outgunned, lacks the proper discipline and training to pose a real threat, and is divided beyond any real hopes of a cohesive force. A house divided cannot stand, and the divide and conquer techniques employed by TPTB have been entirely too effective. But hey, what do I know?

Mods: forgive the full quote... but it was worthy.

To thumper666...

Outgunned only counts on a battlefield, not in your back yard. Yes, that does seem contradictory when the battlefield could well be that back yard. But I do suspect that if such a dark day should ever befall us, that there would be far more Americans from the uniformed side cross the line to the insurgency, than the other way around.

The house divided would be an outward, superficial appearance. Whites, blacks, hispanics... all races and ethnicities would know that for America to survive to live up to the promise, it would require all to rescue.

Out of our easy chairs, out of our skins and languages... we are all the same. We all stand to lose the same things the moment it is lost for a single one of us.

Well, that is my hope, anyway.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
i say yes we will.....and allot sooner than most think.

our politicians are crooked and greedy. I,E. cheny and his oil.look at all the rick people out there. they are all covered by tax shelters and bailout money. the middle class is gone. now all americans are either rich or poor. the government dosent want people to have money except wen its a benefit to them. the4 politicians pass bills to make themselves money.
our fellow americans that actually vote dont know what there voting for. theve vote based on sunshine and rainbows. well news falsh if you dont know dont vote for someone based on there sunny disposition. politicians are lairs. out country was founded on the freedom principal but yet we give away all our rights. we let congress vote to help the auto makers and the banks who are getting rich off of out money. we pay high interest rates so we have a home and a way go get back and forth to work. yet they dont ever think that maybe its too much for some uf us. i cant stand corporate greed, and bureaucratic bs. this country is going down the tubes fast, with stupid lazy americans that vote for someone that is un- pure. how about the fact that we are letting ourselves be taxed on the basis that or tax dollars are going to something good. well they are not. think about it. congress gives them selves raises all the time, because they can! well i dont like it. this democracy is ruining our country. we are loosing our rights as americans. and loosing our perspective. we need to overthrow our government ASAP. we need to inact a new revised constitution based on the principal of our founding fathers. with a better way to stop the governmental greed, and there power hungry ability's to pass laws that hurt us. we should pay per use things like the thruway and anything else that is coming out of our tax dollars. we shouldnt be taxed based on the needs of the many. we should have higher taxed for the greedy and rich. our government should stop printing money without a backer. our money is dropping in value all over the world based on the fact that we as a country are going belly up. spending ourselves out of a hole is not going to work. we need to cus the taxes for lower class people and start taxing the rich and greedy. we need to stop oil companies from gouging us. and the oil companys need to start making renewable fule a viable option as cheap as possible. we used to be able to feed our family for 3 days on a dollar. not any more. now a days it costs 10 bucks a person per day just to eat. that is outrageous. even in china with theyre over crowding they still feed there own.

the time is now. stand up to our government and stop this madness. we are spiraling downwards now up and out of this depression. we need to get out of our corrupt government now. we need to start over just like we did over a hundred years ago. this is not a joke if we don not act we will loose our rights and what is left of our freedom. do it now before its too late. rebel and start a new government they way our founding fathers meant for us. bring back our title to this country before its gone forever. sooner or later we wont be able to act. i implore you please hurry.

this is the last days of out country, and our freedom as we now it. there will be NWO and it will be here soon.

if we give up our rights and let them do this to us now....we wont have a chance in hell of overthrowing a NWO government.

dont become a slave to the system....become the system like was intended in the constitution.

ok enough of my rant.
i am prepared. i have weapons ammo food and between my small group and i, we are prepared for the fall of this country. and im sure if you ask any american on the street they will agree. this country is spiraling out of control and it must be stopped at all cost. there is no more time, do this now or become a slave to the government.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There are three types of people in the world.

1. 5% People who make things happen.

2. 10% People who stand around and watch things happen.

3. 85% Sheople who wake up after the fact and ask WTF happened?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I believe that long before that happens, the government will DEFAULT on its Debt. At that point, all chaos will break out. However, at that point, there will be no real government, just a group of politicians running for their lives, taking their bribes and riches with them, to some remote location. I hope I am wrong, but this current situation is NOT business as Usual. We are very close to complete Bankruptcy of the Federal Government.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Can you please explain why you think this will turn into a racial war? I personally think that the media, and the media alone, is TRYING to turn this into a racially divided country. I also don't think, once people turn off their TVs and venture out to acutally talk to people, it will work.

Further, if you are referring to black people supporting Obama simply because he's black -- I think you have it backwards. From what I've seen they are as outraged, if not more so, than everyone else. Obama made a lot of promises to the black community and hasn't, at least that I'm aware, fulfilled any of them.

Lies, corruption, bankruptcy, unemployment, famine, war, etc -- know no color.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
i totally agree. no matter the color there are crooked politicians and that will never change unless we do something about it.

For The People By The People?

not anymore.

this so going to come down to bankruptcy and a national unrest. there will be another civil war that i can for see. the rich vs the rest of the country.

they may have the tech but we have the numbers. and numbers always prevail.
the government ahs turned on the people. and that was written to not happen. but it has.

we must fight for our rights as a nation or forever submit to a single ruler and give up everything we hold near and dear.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by shaneslaughta]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Believe it or not, I actually agree with you. As a Veteran I know that many current servicemembers and Leo's would disobey any orders to turn on their own countrymen in such a scenario as it's a direct contradiction to the oath all are sworn to.

As far as unity among the people goes, if it were so easy to unify the masses...why then, in light of the current mess, do we speak with numerous voices? The divisions in this country are huge. I personally think it's a travesty, and think that the American people as a whole don't fully understand the implications. Until we can speak with one voice as Americans, and not as a representative of whatever particular demographic group we belong to, we the people are effectively neutered, and as any dog owner knows.....no nuts, no aggression.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join