It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Above Politics Show 73 - BBC and the BNP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Homer and Martin talk about why the BBC have been in the news after BNP leader Nick Griffin appeared on "Question Time"

What is President Obama doing declaring H1N1 a national emergency?

And finally, Homer questions what right the Government has telling banks to cut back on bonuses and Martin says the Government is right as they have bailed the banks

To download the Podcast

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Martin Bain]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Good to see the show back. Does mean a regular show to compliment the ATS News?

I know the BNP leader being of Question Time has been done to death on ATS, but I liked your insights Martin. If we accept demacracy, then we have to accept that all views are as important as each other, and that the decision on if we listen and act on what is said, should rest with us and not either elected or unelected officials.

I would say that the BBC did not get the event right and I has the impression that this was a lynch mob braying for blood, which is very sad. It seems that peoples's emotions ruled rather than a frank discussion and debate on the issues.

On the bank bonuses, Homer, you have it wrong. If a bank as taken a hand out from any Government to save, then that Government has the right impose its will regarding bonuses. Just look at the banks in the US and the UK that did not take any Government money. Are we up in arms about the bonuses being paid. Maybe a little, but nothing like those who executives ran their companies so badly, the Government has to step in.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well I've just started listening and feel the need to comment already, how can you say that the National Front (NF) are just "from the right"? They are far more than that, way off to the extreme right with many Nazi militants in their ranks and dual membership with Combat18 and the like. The BNP is an offshoot which shares the same ideals but tries to hide it in suits and current fashionable political talk.

In my local area there have been attacks linked to BNP members and intimidation campaigns on long-standing immigrant members of our community. An example of this would be Indian restaurants vandalised and daubed with BNP graffiti and racist insults, eerily similar to the tactics the Nazi party used during the first half of the previous century.

You are making far too light of a dangerous party with dangerous and violent members. I might even go as far to say that you are far right-wing shills yourselves, I don't know how you can say the BBC is a liberal entity either - I knew someone who worked for them (she is now dead, another story worthy of BBC criticism in itself) and trust me when I say this that they suppress much from all sides of the political spectrum.

Nice job ATS politics, completely unbiased and not interested in demonising imaginary "liberal fascists".

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

So have you listened to the whole show yet? How odd to comment before listening to a complete show. Just what I expect from those who have jumped to a conclusion.

I have listened to all 74 shows, and Homer and Martin are far from bias, and have interviewed a wide selection of people across the spectum.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP

So have you listened to the whole show yet? How odd to comment before listening to a complete show. Just what I expect from those who have jumped to a conclusion.

Perhaps I should have made it clearer that I listened to the entire BNP segment before submitting my post. Not actually addressing any of the points that I raised, are you? That speaks volumes.

As for them not being biased, perhaps that's because you've become accustomed to right-wing politics and see anything said that hints at an alternative view as being automatically liberal, generous and fair - thus making the program "balanced" when it is far from it.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Goathief]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

WOW

So anyone that does not believe exactly as you do, must be wrong?

Martin and Homer's opinion is just so much rubbish huh?

I wonder how the show has made it this long without you?

The truly "Unbiased" point is that Millions of people think you are wrong.. I'll side with them, thank you..

Semper

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I would just like to point out that you are being a bit naive about how politics works and you've obviously fallen hook line and sinker for the mendacity and underhand tactics both mainstream parties use. The UAF is a group of vicious thugs who do the dirty work of whichever party is in power, a bit like the Gestapo or SS in Hitler's Germany. They are not particularly Labour or Conservative, but you will find them at every demonstration that the government of the day finds inconvenient. They start the violence, attack the police and property. It hits the news then the trouble is blamed on the peaceful demonstrators who are then written off in peoples minds as nothing but troublemakers. Interestingly, enquiries have revealed these UAF thugs are never arrested but just melt away into the night leaving behind a trail of bloodied carnage. David Cameron publicly supports the UAF - worth remembering next time you vote.

The BNP do not hold demonstrations or dawb nasty slogans on peoples walls or threaten people. This is done by the UAF to purposefully discredit the BNP because the the mainstream parties are terrified of the BNP gaining too many votes. You can read their true policies on their website - you won't find their true policies in any mainstream media anywhere. All you will find is twisted lies and accusations of racism in mainstream media. Anyone of any colour or race can join the BNP as you will see if you read their manifesto. You will be amazed how brainwashed you have become.

I am not a member but I write this because I am absolutely sick to the back teeth with the lies and innuendo constantly peddled by our treasonous politicians who lie, cheat and steal from us but then have the audacity and the gall to vilify other parties because they fear the public might learn the truth. It is very late in the day but it is way past time the public DID learn the truth. Fortunately, over a million+ people have already.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by emmiem

I would just like to point out that you are being a bit naive about how politics works and you've obviously fallen hook line and sinker for the mendacity and underhand tactics both mainstream parties use.

Obviously? You actually know nothing about what I think besides that the BNP is a dangerous far-right racist organisation. Well in fact, after reading your post I know you're far from neutral and probably a BNP shill. Why? Because all you have done is post inane drivel and lies, where is your evidence for your claims?

I can easily get hundreds of examples of crimes committed by BNP members and councillors, including murder for god's sake... and you have the audacity to come on ATS, a place designed to deny ignorance and tell bare-faced lies that they are full of lovely people who only want the best for the country.

Anyone of any colour or race can join the BNP as you will see if you read their manifesto.

Funny you should bring this up because even a year ago you had to be white and a native person of Britain - the BNP were forced to accept members of different ethnic background by EU law or face the consequences. It was not a decision that was welcomed or even considered before, and is now sadly used by shills such as yourself to spin yet more untruths about this nasty organisation.

“This exclusion is contrary to the Race Relations Act which the party is legally obliged to comply with. The Commission therefore thinks that the BNP may have acted, and be acting, illegally.”

uk.altermedia.info...

You will be amazed how brainwashed you have become.

Again, you know nothing about me, what I do and who I support. It is you who is either brainwashed to believe the BNP has the best interests of all British citizens at heart or are up to something far more nefarious.

No doubt this post will generate more death threats and abuse in my inbox, something I'm used to for speaking out against the BNP. Do any other political parties work like this? If anyone is like the Nazi party it is not the UAF (though they undoubtedly have issues too) but rather the BNP, with it's Gestapo and SS represented by the NF and Combat18.

I eagerly await your evidence that undeniably proves the UAF is responsible for all the negativity associated with the BNP. Anything less shows you for exactly what you are...

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Goathief]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Firstly, I can not comment on behalf of the hosts of this great show here on ATS so these are my views alone

Originally posted by Goathief
Well I've just started listening and feel the need to comment already, how can you say that the National Front (NF) are just "from the right"? They are far more than that, way off to the extreme right with many Nazi militants in their ranks and dual membership with Combat18 and the like.

So your point here is that the show did not say that the National Front was far right wing. But they are on the right of British politics?

The BNP is an offshoot which shares the same ideals but tries to hide it in suits and current fashionable political talk.

And your proof for this statement? I clearly remember the leader of the BNP saying on question time that he was hated by many on the right, (whoops) far right. Just a front?

In my local area there have been attacks linked to BNP members and intimidation campaigns on long-standing immigrant members of our community. An example of this would be Indian restaurants vandalised and daubed with BNP graffiti and racist insults, eerily similar to the tactics the Nazi party used during the first half of the previous century.

As I do not know your local area, what evidence can you offer that there has been a campaign and the BNP have been involved. Strangely, on this site, we expect evidence!

You are making far too light of a dangerous party with dangerous and violent members. I might even go as far to say that you are far right-wing shills yourselves, I don't know how you can say the BBC is a liberal entity either - I knew someone who worked for them (she is now dead, another story worthy of BBC criticism in itself) and trust me when I say this that they suppress much from all sides of the political spectrum.

So you can know that every member of the BNP are dangerous and violent? Or are you just falling for the bias that the MSM is saying about parties that do not fit in?

And the BBC is far from liberal in its outlook? So how come it has taken so long for the BBC give the BNP the opportunity to be part of Question time. That strikes me as exactly what the so called liberal elite would want.

Nice job ATS politics, completely unbiased and not interested in demonising imaginary "liberal fascists".

I would rather listen to Homer and Martin than the MSM. And who are these liberal fascists?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Obviously? You actually know nothing about what I think besides that the BNP is a dangerous far-right racist organisation. Well in fact, after reading your post I know you're far from neutral and probably a BNP shill. Why? Because all you have done is post inane drivel and lies, where is your evidence for your claims?

And of course, you are neutral? Without an agenda? And we try to engage in polite debate here at ATS, rather than abuse those with a differing view

I can easily get hundreds of examples of crimes committed by BNP members and councillors, including murder for god's sake... and you have the audacity to come on ATS, a place designed to deny ignorance and tell bare-faced lies that they are full of lovely people who only want the best for the country.

And just how many of these hundreds of crimes have resulted in a conviction? If course, there are some just as I can find evidence of crimes commited by those on the left of politics in the UK. And only you call them lies. Lies are based on your viewpoint only. Like all legal parties in the UK, they will be a range of people. Some decent, some not.

Anyone of any colour or race can join the BNP as you will see if you read their manifesto.

Funny you should bring this up because even a year ago you had to be white and a native person of Britain - the BNP were forced to accept members of different ethnic background by EU law or face the consequences. It was not a decision that was welcomed or even considered before, and is now sadly used by shills such as yourself to spin yet more untruths about this nasty organisation.

“This exclusion is contrary to the Race Relations Act which the party is legally obliged to comply with. The Commission therefore thinks that the BNP may have acted, and be acting, illegally.”

uk.altermedia.info...

The very unbias Equal Opportunites Commission, which does nothing to protect my opportunites as a white male. A construct of the liberal elite. Nothing more

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Lots of hot air yet lacking in anything of substance. I could say the moon is made of cheese and broken spanners but without anything to back it up it's useless.

Where is your evidence?

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So what proof do I have to provide? You have made claims in your posts and all I have asked for is to provide evidence of your claims.

Seems you have already decided on your views before you listened to the AP show. How very unbias!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP

So what proof do I have to provide? You have made claims in your posts and all I have asked for is to provide evidence of your claims.

I already have, it is you who is offering nothing at all.

Here are some small lists that you can browse through yourself to save me posting literally hundreds of links.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.hopenothate.org.uk...

Seems you have already decided on your views before you listened to the AP show. How very unbias!

Again, your deflection tactics do nothing for your case. Evidence or admit you've been exposed. If everything you say is true it would be ridiculously easy to obtain supporting evidence. Why haven't you posted a single shred as of yet despite typing thousands of empty words?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

and this is the best you can come up with. The BBC is far from bias and have a liberal leaning so I would not expect the BBC to offer anything unbias in regard to the BNP. Just as the audience at the BNP question time were representative of the British people.

hopenothate web site. You must be having a laugh. As bias as I have seen in many years.

Again, what statements have I made that require decent proof? It is you have have made claims and failed to offer serious evidence to back them up.

You made claims that the BNP was behind a campaign of hate in your area. Care to offer any evidence?

I have nothing to deflect. On this site, evidence is expected. Not this liberal brainwashing you are offering.

top topics

join