It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hi AD,

thanks for the update. Seems like most major western msm are playing this very quiet, if they mention it at all.

reply to post by cosmicpixie

Der Spiegel (which owns Spiegel on line) is a major and very reliable news weekly, based in Germany. It's their equivalent of "Time" magazine I guess we could say. Normally very high standards of journalism. Doesn't mean they'll always tell the whole story (but neither does "Time"), but it's better than most. Not a tabloid, at least. No "woman gives birth to chicken" type of stuff...

About the absence of "seasonal" flu... I'm not too strong on how the epidemiology would work, but have read that a more virulent (infectious) strain can "displace" the usual seasonal strain.

Meanwhile I can only go on what's happening where I am. It's pretty quiet on the flu front. Where I work, which is right in the center of Prague, we've not had any problems with higher-than-average absenteeism. In fact, it's below what it was around this time last year as far as I recall. Our staff are very reliable as a rule and only report sick when they really are.

No-one that I know has mentioned having the flu personally or in their family, and I don't recall any news reports of outbreaks here. I have no doubt that there would be some cases though.

We've only had one confirmed death from swine flu, a woman in her 30's who died on Oct 21 in Karlovy Vary. She had been ill with it for some time and had long had a serious heart condition.

Okay, I've just searched for any local or Slovak reports of a major outbreak and there's nothing that I could find. I did find a report from Slovakia that was released yesterday, which indicates they are experiencing seasonal flu, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I need a little while to prepare and post a translation.

Mike

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
H1N1Nederland Ukraine: 255. 516 Influenza/ARI cases,15.810 hospital admissions, 70 deaths reported tiny.cc... #usa #uk #asia
about 13 hours ago from web

Ukraine: 255. 516 Influenza/ARI cases, tiny.cc... 15.810 hospital admissions, 70 deaths reported in 20 days tiny.cc...
about 13 hours ago from web

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
71 deaths-many from acute respiratory

www.kyivpost.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Now that is interesting!

According to Vasilij Lazorishinec, the First Deputy Minister of Health of Ukraine: "We have a strain of virus that is different from the swine flu virus in USA or Mexico. The virus has mutated."

newzz.in.ua...

Comment: in other words, you can throw your old swine flu vaccines into trashcan.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Transdnistria, a separatist region of Moldova, to introduce strict control at its borders with Ukraine and Moldova. Among other reasons cites highly contagious avian flu and swine plague.
www.regnum.ru...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Belarusian bloggers: Ministry of Health hides fatal cases of swine flu

More and more news about fatal cases of A(H1N1) virus in Minsk hospitals appears on the Belarusian Internet.

Blogger czy claims lethal outcomes of swine flu have been recorded in many hospitals in the capital of Belarus. The blogger also gives a list of the victims.

“One person dies in hospital #2, the diagnosis was confirmed. A 17-year old teen died in the children’s infectious hospital. One more person died there, results of culture tests are expected. A pregnant woman dies in hospital #10, men of 30 and 37 years old died in hospital #5, results of culture tests are also expected. All of them had an important symptom – viral pneumonia as a complication after influenza. 7 patients in hospital #7 and 4 in hospital #6 use artificial respirating units,” the blogger notes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Charter97.org

An interesting read...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
All this makes me wonder if we would be better off with a pneumonia vaccination?
www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Here’s a report from a reliable source (“Centrum” Slovakia) regarding the current situation in their eastern region, which borders Ukraine.

To make it easier to follow, I have placed my paragraph-by-paragraph translation into the original text. As usual, I have removed all "accents" from the Slovak letters that might otherwise mess up what you see. I provide the link after the article.

Ukrajinsku chripku beru na vychode Slovenska vazne

The Ukranian Flu is Being Taken Seriously in Eastern Slovakia
17:40 | 1.11.2009 | TASR

Michalovce/Trebisov - V okresoch Michalovce, Sobrance a Trebisov vyskyt chripkovych a tomu podobnych ochoreni zodpoveda tomuto rocnemu obdobiu a nema epidemicky charakter.

Michalovce/Trebisov - The incidence of flu and flu-like illnesses in the Michalovce, Sobrance and Trebisov regions equate to those of a seasonal character and are not of an epidemic character.

V nedelu to uviedli epidemiologicka Janka Staskova z RUVZ* Michalovce a epidemiolog Jozef Sladek z RUVZ Trebisov.

This was reported on Sunday by epidemiologist Janka Staskova of the RUVZ in Michalovce and epidemiologist Jozef Sladek from the Trebisov RUVZ.

[Note: RUVZ is “Regionalny urad verejneho zdravotnictva”, which translates to “Regional Office of Public Health”. Note: I’ve broken up the following long paragraph to make it easier to follow. Mike. ]

Zatial nezaviedli nijake protiepidemiologicke opatrenia."Chorobnost na chripku a jej podobne ochorenia sa pohybuje na urovni 1500 na stotisic obyvatelov, co zodpoveda zaciatku beznej, sezonnej chripky. Zatial sa nevyskytli nijake vaznejsie komplikacie, ani sme nezistili nijaky novy virus. Situaciu pravidelne monitorujeme," povedal Sladek.

At present they have not adopted any proti-epidemiological measures. “Morbidity from flu and flu-like illnesses are round about 1500 per one hundred thousand residents, which equates to the start of the usual, seasonal flu. Up to now there are no reports of more serious complications, and we also haven’t detected any new virus. We are monitoring the situation regularly,” Sladek said.

[Note: "morbidity" is a technical term that means the infection rate, and must not be confused with "mortality", which refers to deaths. Mike.]

"Som v permanentnom kontakte s lekarmi detskymi i vseobecnymi, ako aj pohotovostami, no vyskyt chripky a jej podobnych ochoreni v nasom obvode je primerany tomuto rocnemu obdobiu," povedala Staskova. "Apelujem vsak na uvedomelost nasich ludi a odporucam, aby necestovali na Ukrajinu a dali sa zaockovat proti sezonnej chripke," doplnila epidemiologicka.

“I am in constant contact with pediatricians as well as general physicians, along with emergency [i.e. emergency physicians]; the incidence of flu and similar ailments is average for this time of year in our area,” said Staskova. “However I appeal to all people to be vigilant [literally “to have [it]on their minds/awareness”] and I recommend that they do not travel to Ukraine, and also ["also" is implied] get themselves vaccinated against seasonal flu,” the epidemiologist concluded.

Uviedla tiez, ze situaciu permanentne monitoruju a v pondelok zvola obvodnu proti epidemiologicku komisiu.

She also stated that the situation is being constantly monitored and that a meeting of the regional epidemiological commission has been called for Monday.

SOURCE

Comments:

Please note that Dr Staskova has called for people to be vaccinated against seasonal flu, not swine flu. I find that interesting.

On-line translators are not very reliable. Just for interest I checked the google version and it says for that last part:

"But I appeal to the awareness of our people and I recommend traveling to the Ukraine and were vaccinated against seasonal flu," added the epidemiological.

He also said that constantly monitor the situation and on Monday against the district shall convene a panel epidemiology.

Err… No. She recommends they don’t travel there! And it’s “She” in the last sentence, not “He”. If it were “He,” it would be without the “a” on the end of “Uviedla”. The “a” shows it’s the feminine use of the verb, not the masculine. (The stuff you can learn on ATS, hey?
)

Okay, you might think those are small details but wars have started over less I would say.
(Especially the "travel" versus "don't travel"!) I’m just mentioning it so you know that you can’t take auto-translators as Gospel truth.

The rest of the article goes on to talk about what’s happening at the border. In short, it says things are very quiet (“at peace”). This means there’s no panic. However, they have noted that travel back and forth across the border is pretty much normal. They don’t see a lot of people walking around on the Ukrainian side apparently, but in the nearest Slovak towns there is no panic and life is going on as usual.

The final couple of paragraphs are just a rehash of news that we’ve had already. There’s thousands infected in Ukraine, the Slovaks have sent them surgical masks… Nothing new.

Okay, that’ll do. Have to go to the shops.

Mike

Edit for typo. (Sorry about that!)

[edit on 3/11/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thanks for the video report from Ukraine infinite!

I really hope that all Ukrainian members here will be OK during this!

I have several friends from Ukraine, but most of them lives in Spain now, so they are more safe, but one very nice women moved home recently this year to take care of her old parents.

I came down with something late evening this Sunday which I think is some very mild form of seasonal flu or bad cold with low fever, sore throat and annoying coughing - and got a little worried for the moment about the flu symptoms, but is feeling a little better today!

Hopefully it's not getting any worse, but I'm staying inside at home these early days of the week to find out how things will develop for myself.

Thankfully I have a pantry full of food and also made 10 litres of chicken soup from scratch last week - so I'll be playing my XBOX and eat hot tasty soup & garlic!

Home quarantine ain't soo bad if you have everything prepared and don't get super sick of course!

I felt sorry to read that there is few med-supplies to get in Ukraine though!

I wish the best for all Ukrainian people who are now reporting here - take good care guys!

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot
Now that is interesting!

According to Vasilij Lazorishinec, the First Deputy Minister of Health of Ukraine: "We have a strain of virus that is different from the swine flu virus in USA or Mexico. The virus has mutated."

newzz.in.ua...

Comment: in other words, you can throw your old swine flu vaccines into trashcan.

Link does not work

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

I checked again and it works, though slowly.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

Ok thanks, ill keep trying, but im still getting time out error.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by ahemot

i for one appreciate your digging for 1st hand reports and news that isnt MSM.

I agree with you. Ahemot is posting useful information - the picture of someone getting a shot and telling us its forced vaccination is stupid though.

However, he is digging up links - I don't care if they are 'true' or not - nothing is true. It is simply information - maybe its propaganda - but who cares, the more information the better.

Keep posting ahemot.

Also for those who are saying 'ITS SWINE FLU AND NOTHING ELSE!'.

You are making assumptions - sure they are based on some experience and knowledge. However, you would do yourself a far greater favor if you simply put your perspective in, backing it up with your knowledge and research - and say, in MY opinion it is most CERTAINLY swine flu.

If someone disagrees - you don't have to attack them. If you want to reiterate and repost your message frequently - then do so. But simply focus on details - not people - and you might find your comments better received.

Personally, I don't have the experience or knowledge to make a judgment from thousands of miles away. To me, the possibilities still include a infectious plague - they also include mutated swine flu - and a combination of swine flu, and an infectious disease - or a completely novel viral disease.

At this stage I do NOT see any possibility ruled out. Lets just keep moving on, gathering data and trying to understand.

If you tell people it is NOT an infectious disease, and they take that advice - then they may fail to vaccinate against pneumonia - which I think might be useful - I will be getting my vaccination tomorrow (though I despise vaccinations - this one has been around a while, and maybe I can request something without nasty adjuvents.)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luppakorva
reply to post by asen_y2k

Hi Asen, how are you holding up there? Got new heater already?

Tip for you for these situations with local police / officials ...bribe them off, money money money, that's what they want and they are looking for. And please be safe, never go to the station with them until you really have to, most likely you don't have to if you have done nothing serious, you can always buy yourself out. I'm pretty sure you know this already though if you have been living in there for a while.

Take care and be safe.

Haha you are right, before when I ventured without my id I usually bribed them around 20 Grivens. But this time they weren't taking any. The guy who got arrested offered the officer money but he refused and arrested him...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot
Now that is interesting!

newzz.in.ua...

Just trying to help out and not scare people eh?
So I guess you can show us that a mutation of the virus means vaccines won't work then? Do you have a medical expert quoted as saying this?

Why do you insist on spreading lies? Do you even know what kind of mutation it would take for the vaccines to no longer be effective?

When the WHO guesses wrong and puts out a flu vaccine that doesn't work it's not because the virus mutates, it's because the type of flu which ends up prevailing is a different sub type than what they've created a vaccine for. They vaccinate for type A and flu type B ends up going around.

The mechanism that vaccines target does not change in the mutation unless the flu changes to a completely different type of flu. All this speculation that a any mutation means no protection is just uneducated fear mongering.

I wouldn't care if you were just sharing news but you're not doing that, you're picking out the articles that only present speculation of the wildest kind on the outbreak, apparently trying to generate the most panic possible. Have any more 3 year old photos to post to show us how bad things are getting?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
reply to post by AccessDenied

You haven't been monitoring very good then. CBC Canada's #1 news station had news about this situation with Ukraine on TV this afternoon and tonight in the hourly rotation. Not much on the CBC website though.

A look at the latest H1N1 developments in Canada and around the world

Officials in the Ukraine closed schools across the country to prevent the spread of swine flu and urged night clubs, cinemas and food markets in parts of the country to follow suit.

The WHO sent a team to the country to help cope with the situation, but added there was no evidence that the Ukraine was experiencing a severe outbreak. Ukraine's Health Ministry said Monday that 70 people in the nation of 40 million have died of flu, but did not say how many of those deaths were related to swine flu.

www.cbc.ca...

Well - if anyone had any doubts regarding the MSM I hope reading this clears it up nicely.

"no evidence that the Ukraine was experiencing a severe outbreak."

Regardless that the president declared a national emergency? Pleaded for international aid?

"70 people in the nation of 40 million have died of flu, but did not say how many of those deaths were related to swine flu."

No mention that they all died in the last 5 days, no mention that quarter million are now effected, and 15,000 hospitalized?

No mention of unusual causes of death - no mention of 'unknown' status of many cases of the virus or infection?

It seems that news is whatever you want it to be.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

Originally posted by Luppakorva
reply to post by asen_y2k

Hi Asen, how are you holding up there? Got new heater already?

Tip for you for these situations with local police / officials ...bribe them off, money money money,

Take care and be safe.

Haha you are right, before when I ventured without my id I usually bribed them around 20 Grivens. But this time they weren't taking any. The guy who got arrested offered the officer money but he refused and arrested him...

Sounds like you're doing fine
I think you seem to be pretty smart, and taking good precautions - you're not likely to have any problems you can't over come I'd say.

I hate this 'papers please' thing - Its pure NWO. Its just a slave number - if we don't have it - we are 'wild slaves' and need to be rounded up and branded.

Its a disgusting abuse of human sovereignty. In my opinion that one infraction from the government is enough for them to deserve death.

I don't need a damned stamp or brand - I'm not property.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Just trying to help out and not scare people eh?
So I guess you can show us that a mutation of the virus means vaccines won't work then? Do you have a medical expert quoted as saying this?
Why do you insist on spreading lies? Do you even know what kind of mutation it would take for the vaccines to no longer be effective?

I guess you should forward your questions to the First Deputy of the Minister of Health of Ukraine. I am just providing information with some comments of mine. However, it seems that ONLY YOU can comment on this forum.

Originally posted by ecoparity
Have any more 3 year old photos to post to show us how bad things are getting?

I have already retracted this comment and modified my original post. I didnot checked the date of the photo, which only today was posted in one Ukrainian forum. However, you too could contribute to this forum by providing some useful information instead of attacking people.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I have been checking via the Toronto Star, and the National post.
Thank you very much, if contributions from Canada are not welcome due to those that seem to know everything..then so be it.
I do have a life off the internet and was busy celebrating my daughters birthday, so excuse me for breathing if I don't meet your standards of research.

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join