It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Unidentifiable Flying Creature spotted tonight in AL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ok so me and my buddy were outside on the porch smoking when this thing flys over tree top level over his house. Now the moon was out and bright tonight and his flood light was on which lit up the belly of this creature. The description of it was at least 3 foot wingspan [this was not a hawk, eagle, vulture] as we see them commonly out in the country and all over around here, this thing was a bat like shape with the break in the wings like bats have. To the belly of it, it was whiteish in color bearing no feathers was more like hair, there was 2 of them we heard a call from the other out of site, the sound these things made was like nothing i have ever heard, its hard to explain how it sounded really not a bird like call was kind of a long rumbling growling...

Anyways we have searched up on what it could be with no results documented on the net. He said he had seen 3 of them one night earlier this week and scared him but just threw it off as a big bird or something till we seen close up tonight it was no mare than 75 feet above us on fly over..

I would like to hear any input any of you have to what this could be remember i am positive this thing had no tail feathers on it the sky was clear and moon was bright the outline was easily seen.
This thing was huge

[edit on 28-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I know it's not exactly endemic to your neck of the woods but perhaps a flying fox?

On average, P. vampyrus is the largest species, with a wingspan of up to 6 feet (1.83 meters) but a weight of only 1.5 kg (3.3 lb.). Other species have impressive widths, such as the Indian flying fox (P. giganteus) which has a 5 foot (1.5 meter) wingspan. Pelage is long and silky with a dense underfur. No tail is present. As the name suggests, the head resembles that of a small fox because of the small ears and large eyes. Females have one pair of mammae located in the chest region. Ears are simple (long and pointed) with the outer margin forming an unbroken ring (a defining characteristic of megabats). Toes have sharp curved claws.

Just to give you something

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

So. . .you and your buddy were out smoking what? okay, okay, I'm just totally kidding - I had to get that in there. But geez!! That sounds creepy!!! I don't have a clue but am interested. You guys keep your eyes and ear open, and grab a camera, in case it shows up again!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
probably a great horned owl they could make some crazy
sounds and they dont have a big tail.and are pretty big specially an
adult male.
www.flickr.com...

[edit on 28-10-2009 by zigoapex]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I didn't see that, but I DID see a slow moving "shooting star" which was strange around 7 tonight (I'm in Jefferson County btw). It looked like a normal one, except it moved wayyy slower, and had no tail.. It got suddenly bright for like 3 seconds, then dimmed and continued heading east. Anyone else see this? Also, will be keeping an eye out for whatever the hell it was that you guys saw. If I do see it, I'll call my red-neck step brother, he'd be down to see about catching one...lol.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolaas

Pteropus vampyrus

Whoaaaa! Here's a link to the bat you're speaking about. So this thing flies around huh? So OP, could it be something like this??

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolaas

my first thought but no they live in tropics and jungles

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

no im in Alabama nothing tropic about this craphole

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I live in 'Bama in the Northeast Tennessee Valley...what area are you in? I want to know if I should be looking out my window or anything!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zigoapex

this was not a owl i see them frequently here i was real close and owl do not have the break in the wing this was distinct to this creature also ADDing the call of this thing was really creepy no way it was a owl or other large bird i have already x'd out

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

im in Dekalb County BTW....

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ganja

Id say you saw a satellite, they will get brighter for a moment or two as its moving due to the sun bouncing off of it, I see that all the time.

As for what the OP saw, sounds pretty strange

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Echelon117]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Echelon117

no way no less than 75 foot above my head this was not in orbit or space it was a flying creature 100% bat like [break] in the wings /\/\

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Hey Prime, seems like you saw something you can't explain. Maybe you could draw it and Post it? Maybe a picture will give everyone a little better view through your eyes
Seriously draw it.

link   
ill get a daytime reference treetop picture of the trees max 75 foot if that , but the creature was right at treetop levels im sure of that it was right in front of us

link   

I was talking to Ganja about the satellite.

Whatever it was you seen sounds strange, maybe a couple of mothmen?

link   

Originally posted by ganja
I didn't see that, but I DID see a slow moving "shooting star" which was strange around 7 tonight (I'm in Jefferson County btw). It looked like a normal one, except it moved wayyy slower, and had no tail.. It got suddenly bright for like 3 seconds, then dimmed and continued heading east. Anyone else see this? Also, will be keeping an eye out for whatever the hell it was that you guys saw. If I do see it, I'll call my red-neck step brother, he'd be down to see about catching one...lol.

Sounds like what you saw was an Iridium Flare? You could put your co-ordinates into the Heavens above website and see. They act just as you've described.

Heavens Above

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Large Unidentifiable Flying Creature spotted tonight in AL

Two questions... what were you 'smoking' and, where in Bama is Dekalb County?

(So I know whether to be looking outside...)

[edit on 28-10-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

lol smoking Cigs and look it up [Google]

DEKALB

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
reply to post by redoubt

lol smoking Cigs and look it up [Google]

Okay, thanks for the reference... about 200 miles south... should be safe for an hour or two.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join