It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DSM-IV the spirituality That underlies Psychiatry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The beings which you speak of shouldn't be put down, we should put down their negative way/beliefs with love/light, then as a species we can move onward!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive

Originally posted by StopComplaining
reply to post by notreallyalive

57 replies, 1 flag

Maybe other people see things a little differently than you, eh?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Mat 7:13 ¶ Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Why would I want to post things that everybody agrees with in light of the above scriptures?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I have read Jungs automatic writting and it is simply Nihalism, Narcisism. It is the lie from the serpent in the garden.

The "Seven Sermons" are short. Perhaps it is best for each to read them, and then to reach their own own conclusions:

www.gnosis.org...

or

www.luminist.org...

Jung's references to Abraxas will be familiar to many people because of Hermann Hesse's novel Demian. Hesse was in therapy, and his therapist may well have read a privately circulated copy of the unpublished (at that time) poem.

Thanks also for designating me a respected foe

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits

Thanks also for designating me a respected foe

Don't take it as to much of an honour, everyone on this thread has been designated as a respected foe.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

I have tears in my eyes from laughing at Jung nonsense sermons.

Psalms 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
"Demian argues that the Catholic God is an insufficient god; it rules over all that is wholesome, but there is another half of the world"

In other words lets all worship the God of unwholesomeness; Satan.

And no I am not promoting catholicism.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Joshua - Chapter 24:15
"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

If you please you can go get boiled in a kettle. But as for me I choose to accept the free gift of eternal life.

Again, no offence intended here....

Sorry, but, this is VERY LAZY of you dear StopComplaining.

Speak to me in Your Own Words please friend!!

Providing a video, or Bible quote is not discussion, in fact you are AVOIDING it for whatever reasons. This is a discussion forum, and such activity is futile while you hide behind pithy quotes.

Come on STOP, show me who you are, talk to me, communicate with me, stop hiding StopComplaining.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I met my spirit guide while at alpha (practicing Silva Ultra Mind ESP system). I met him in a beautiful scene (Surreal Green Pastures, Crystalline Blue Waters, Birds Song), he told me that "I Deserve". I thought "I Deserve?" Deserve only appears twice in the Bible, both times it is saying "God exacteth of thee less than thine iniquity deserveth" www.biblegateway.com...
We are called as Christians to serve, and anyone who has been saved knows that they deserved nothing except Hell and have received everything. My "Spirit Guide" was a devil. 1 Timothy 4 1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; I remember I recorded my thoughts on this encounter on my MP3, I thought my guide was a cool guy but I didn't agree with him at all. Luckily God had given me enough discernment to extricate myself from the devils plans again and again, but I was not reading God's word regularly until later. I read all the "spiritual" books I could in the library, trying and explain the spiritual experiences I had had which I know now where from God. I could not find any rest or any explanations in so many "spiritual" books.
While reading "A Brilliant Deception" by Chris Kline she mentioned her "spirit Guide" (Who she found out was really a Devil) would make coloured feathers appear. THIS HAPPENED TO ME WHILE I WAS READING THE BOOK.
I think God has a sense of humour or perhaps the devil is really just that stupid. But the devils plans and tricks where laid out clearly to me. I still did not stop reading "spiritual" books, I still kept looking for extra-biblical spiritual insight.
I remember for example I bought the book "a course in miracles" from an internet auction site, but by the time I received it in the mail I already had amassed information about the book. The book is channelled through Helen Schumann. Helen Schumann later died of Pancreatic cancer in a state of psychotic depression, while her book claims that pain and sin does not exist.
She even cursed the book. The other scribe William Thetford was involved in creating the Atomic bomb and was involved in MKULTRA (CIA mind control Project). Instead of burning the book I decided the best way to get the word out to people who were involved in ACIM would be to auction the book for $1.00. Draw in the audience of New Agers and show them the information. I didn't anticipate that anyone would want to buy the book in light of the above information, but I sold the book for $40, I even made a profit!!!
I know from the comments, that I reached at least one person and they renounced ACIM which they had been involved in. I got an burden since that time expose satans devices. Now I read the bible and disregard "spiritual" information because I can usually see immediately that it is from the devil

home.tellyourtestimony.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
I still want to hear more about this "Holy Ghost" that's come to Stop.

I don't think he has experienced anything so radically different than what most the rest of us have experienced intuitively, he is just afraid of more things than the rest of us.

The rest of you haven't been transformed from a new ager regarded as psychic or "spiritual" into a fundemental christian, so obviously my experience is radically different.

I am not afraid of anything I am only afraid of God.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Don't take it as to much of an honour, everyone on this thread has been designated as a respected foe.

Well, thank you all the same. Casual, promiscuous respect is respect nonetheless. I still feel like having a cigarette afterwards, so to speak.

"Demian argues that the Catholic God is an insufficient god; it rules over all that is wholesome, but there is another half of the world"

You put quotes around the sentence, but the only place I can find it is Wikipedia and copypasta therefrom. So, I don't know where Wikipedia got it, nor what the source was trying to say, nor even whether he or she meant Demian, the novel, or Demian, the character in the novel.

Assuming the Wikisource was trying to say something about Hesse's fictional god Abraxas:

In other words lets all worship the God of unwholesomeness; Satan.

No. Hesse's Abraxas would be the god of both the wholesome and the unwholesome, which has no Christian counterpart, but would be pretty routine in some other religious traditions.

If the novel "argues" for something, it might be to favor having a little perspective on the variety of religious and spiritual thought, as opposed to, say, viewing whatever isn't Jesus as Satan.

Respect for that variety would also explain why mental health professionals might refer those with non-medical religious problems to someone who knows the person's religion, rather than sending everybody to Christian pastors.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I am not afraid of anything I am only afraid of God.

And that means being afraid of a whole host of things that you think God is going to send you to hell eternally for.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

who cares, the guy hesse was so elitist he hated his own readers. plus this is getting of topic.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

We are saved by grace, not of works lest any man should boast.

No body ever fulfilled the law save Jesus Christ, I have no hope of going to heaven if the objective is in keeping the law. We are saved through faith in Jesus Christ, and through his blood shed at the completed work on the cross.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

who cares,

About misinformation concerning the quality of a major branch of medical practice? Quite a few people, I would imagine.

plus this is getting of topic.

I don't think so. You cited Carl Jung's exploration of the contents of his unconscious in your OP.

Or what about Jung who embraced his shadow and allowed the horned spirit being Philemon to enter into his being and write channelled through him.

We have, step by step, established that you were mistaken about who and what Philemon was, mistaken about what the relationship between Jung and Philemon was, and mistaken about how Jung's Seven Sermons came to be written.

Now we are down to discussing whether that writing is any good, a matter which you raised in the body of your thread. We find that to all appearances, Jung's creation influenced a major work written by a Literature Nobelist.

That would seem to enjoy some relevance to your credibility as a critic of Jung.

The whole basis of this thread is the narrowness of your own conception of authentic spiritual and religious experience compared with the breadth and diversity of experience with which psychiatrists must deal. An associate of Jung's was able to broaden Hesse's perspective. I am confident that a truthful exposition of that example will be of interest to your readers.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by eight bits]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Do you really think Hesses' work bears weight because he got a Nobel prize?

Barack Obama just got a Nobel Peace prize and he has only increased the war effort.

Hitler was the man of the year in time magazine he was hearalded as the only sure way to peace.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
[Philemon] represented superior insight and was like a guru to him.

“I have taken over Faust as my heritage, and moreover as the advocate and avenger of Philemon and Baucis, who, unlike Faust the superman, are the hosts of the gods in a ruthless and godforsaken age.”4

Faust is the man who sold his soul to the devil. Why would you want to take Faust as your heritage?

4. # Ed. Gerhard Adler in collaboration with Aniela Jaffé, C. G. Jung Letters 1: 1906–1950, tr. R. F. C. Hull (London, Routledge, 1973), pp. 309–10.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Do you really think Hesses' work bears weight because he got a Nobel prize?

No, I think Hesse got a Nobel Prize because his work bears weight.

Thank you for the straight line.

Barack Obama just got a Nobel Peace prize and he has only increased the war effort.

Hesse won his Nobel in Literature six decades ago.

nobelprize.org...

It would be reasonable to say that nobody who had anything to do with Hesse's Prize in 1946, which was awarded by the Swedish Academy, would also have had any part in Obama's Nobel Peace Prize this year, which was awarded by the Norwegian Nobel Committee.

I mentioned Hesse's Nobel in Literature in connection with your assessment "I have read Jungs automatic writting and it is simply Nihalism, Narcisism. It is the lie from the serpent in the garden." Evidently, opinions differ as to the merits of Jung's poem.

“I have taken over Faust as my heritage, and moreover as the advocate and avenger of Philemon and Baucis, who, unlike Faust the superman, are the hosts of the gods in a ruthless and godforsaken age.”4

Faust is the man who sold his soul to the devil. Why would you want to take Faust as your heritage?

Um, Jung is writing about Goethe's Faust. That's the version wherein Mephistopheles bargained with God to be allowed to trick Faust. God granted Mephistopheles' petition. Faust then has one hell of a ride, pardon the expression, but he ends up in heaven. No sale, in other words.

As to Jung's meaning and intentions, it is best to read the passage in context, both the immediately surrounding matter from the letter itself and Jung's commentary in his autobiography. For example, here are the pertinent parts at a website you have cited earlier:

philemonfoundation.org...

Jung did not volunteer to "take over" Faust, but rather reports that he discovered to his terror that, in some metaphorical sense, he had done so unawares. Jung very much disapproves of Faust's behavior regarding the couple, basically murder in the course of robbery.

No souls were sold to the devil in the making of Goethe's Faust. Nor in Jung's reading of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sort of like how madame Blavatsky writes about the good devil lucifer?

Understand this is my stand point; The devil is a REAL personal being. He can appear as an angle of light.

It does not matter what your opinion is of him, it does not matter how he appears to you, it does not matter what your interpretation is, it doesn't matter if you change his name, it doesn't even matter if you don't beleive in him. The devil is the devil. The Bible tells us how to discern what is of the devil and what is not.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just to interject:

Abraxas simply translates as the god whose name is adored. From the Egyptian "abrak" to bow down and adore".

Abraxas is often associated with the god Iao.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join