It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

russian plasma stealth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
the ruskies say they supposedly got plasma stealth

technology that will put them ahead of the rest of the

world in aircraft technology. anybody got any god links

that prove this true or false?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i think there BS ing they dont have the money 2 buy toilet paper

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Stop.....

Do not degrade this into a flaming of Russian war.

There are ATS existing threads on this.
Feel free to read and comment to any of them:
What about Russia's Stealth?!?! What about the others?!?!
Russia's Stealth Activities Revealed!
Will Plasma Revolutionize Aircraft Design?
What are the advantages of "plasma stealth"???

seekerof

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Russian scientists are among the best in the world. so i wouldnt doubt it if they have that. the question is how many of those can they produce?thats where money comes in.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
plasma stealth is a good idea in theory but its not possible that the russians have made a working system light enough to put onto a fighter aircraft especially with the pennies that they throw into research.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrock24
plasma stealth is a good idea in theory but its not possible that the russians have made a working system light enough to put onto a fighter aircraft especially with the pennies that they throw into research.

not possible....

"Static and flight experiments proved the effectiveness of this technology. The first generation devices, producing plasma field surrounding an aircraft and decreasing reflected signal were created in the Center. Later, a possibily of creating second generation advanced systems (capable of not only decreasing reflected signal and changing its wavelength, but also producing some false signals) was discovered. Such systems significantly complicate determination of actual aircraft's speed, its location and leads to development of completely new approaches to LO provision, unachievable to conventional Stealth technology. Furthermore, the weight of the systems developed in Russia do not exeed 100 kg, and power consumption ranges from kilowatts to tens of kilowatts."
Link

seems like they did develop it

su-47 takeoff weight is 34,000 kg
sooo... we can put 340 those generators on a single plane. thats enough

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by titus]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Seen one working yet titus?
I have several friends in the various positions in the military establishment and they have not seen any type reports indicating that one is currently available nor having been implemented.

It may be a prototype, but as with anything else, confirmation would exist as to it actually being fitted to an aircraft and proven to work....we are not talking mice here or remote control cars...we are talking aircraft.
Which aircraft has it been verified to have been put on and tested? IMHO, if the sustem was real and functioning, as advertised, the Russian's would NOT hesitate to procalim such and would parade this aircraft around like they do when at airshows and showcasing the various "Cobra" maneuvers.

Again, I'm not doubting its possible existence. I am doubting the implementation of such.

seekerof

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Seen one working yet titus?

no
i havent been out of states in years...

if they say they build one, then they surely have a one that works

btw, Tu-180:

"Last week (April 1st, aka April Fool's or Den' Duraka) ANTK Tupolev revealed their latest strategic bomber designated Tu-180. Although Tu-180 was in service with Dal'naya Aviatsia for almost five years, it remained the Russia's best kept secret until now. The aircraft was developed alongside of Tu-160 bomber and it was designed to complement the supersonic Blackjack which was to become the backbone of the Russia's strategic command. Unlike Tu-160 it incorporates considerable amount of stealth (nevidimka in Russian) and it is believed that Tu-180 RCS is about 1/20 of Tu-160. New Tupolev bomber is a first true stealth design known to be in service outside of the United States."

"Tupolev claims that first flight was made on March 14, 1985"

Link

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yeah, I have read that article...a number of times.
Didn't buy it then, don't buy it now, hence my asking what 'aircraft'. You see, if this was the case, it would be implemented on virtually all their vital to strategic aircraft or at the very least, their best valued aircraft....not seen it, not heard of it, not read any reports saying such....and thats 1985, eh? How many years and still no other aircraft mentioned as this being installed in and on?

I do sincerely thank you for presenting the article and in answering, partly, my question.

seekerof

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
1985???

bottom of the page: Last modified on: Sunday, April 7, 1996.

also - Ka-58 Black Ghost (nice name btw:up
, know anything about it?

supposed to be russian stealth helo
personally i dont

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
1996? ......k.
And as to your fabled Ka-58 'Black Ghost'.....amounting to the Mig 1.42/44 MFI....a paper tiger, none built. Kind of along the lines of the Mig-37 Ferret.

Found a nice mock artist rendition/concept.....from a game:
G-5 Software

seekerof

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Also discussed within ATS:
Ka-58 Stealth helicopter.

seekerof

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You people should realise that they probably almost finished this type of technology during the Soviet Period... probably from then it got delayed then a few years later they worked on it again.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Russia Working on Stealth Plasma

Russia is working to develop plasma-cloud-generation technology for stealth applications and achieved highly promising results, reportedly reducing the radar cross-section (RCS) of an aircraft by a factor of 100.

Russian research into plasma generation is spearheaded by a team of scientists led by Anatoliy Korotoyev, director of Keldysh Research Center. The institute has developed a plasma generator weighing only 100 kg, which could easily fit onboard a tactical aircraft. For the system to work, there has to be an energy source on the aircraft that ionizes the surrounding air,probably at the leading surfaces. Since the resulting ions are in the boundary layer of the aircraft, they follow the airflow around the plane. But the system is not without drawbacks. First, the amount of power required is quite high, so it will likely only be activated when an enemy radar is detected. The other is that the plasma also blocks the radar of the aircraft being protected, necessitating holes in the plasma field to look through it.

The plasma generator was tested first on flying models and then on actual aircraft. The new Su-27IB strike aircraft (known in export - certainly without the plasma generator - as the Su-32) utilizes the system and is likely the first production combat aircraft with this critical technology.

Michal Fiszer and Jerzy Gruszczynski, Journal of Electronic Defense, June 2002

As you see Russia is not that bad at tech uh?

They do have plasma stealth that WORKS!

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thank you Russian, just the information I was looking for.
Is there an online link to that journal? I would love to read that article and articles related.

seekerof

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Thank you Russian, just the information I was looking for.
Is there an online link to that journal? I would love to read that article and articles related.

seekerof

Sorry was just a article my friend gave me I dont have access to Janes.

TO DAMN EXPENSIVE!

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Folks,
There are two important points being missed on the topic of Plasma Stealth. 1st, Plasma Stealth is not needed because US designed technologies in conventional stealth technologies, such as shaping, RAM, IR supression, and LPI emitters, have already produced LO aircraft which are virtually indistinguishable from background noise and clutter. The challenge is to design an LO aircraft with advanced combat capabilities that incorporate these LO technologies without sacraficing performance.

I know for a fact that the USAF has designed prototype systems that are so LO that they can be detected by the "hole" in the clutter and multipath that they produce as they transit the battlespace. To go that LO is pointless. Up to a certain degree stealth is pretty much a moot point and begins to demand too much from your airframe. And besides, as it has been repeatedled pointed out but rarely acknowledged, the object of stealth is to provide a tactical advantage on the battlefield, not to produce total invisibility for an aircraft, otherwise it would be called "invisibility" and not "stealth". A large portion of stealth involves mission planning and electronic warfare, anyways.

2nd, why would anybody waste their time on developing a stealth system that runs on electrical power? The whole point of stealth is to reduce your signature....all signatures...including electromagnetic. Produce a signature, not matter what spectrum you are using, and the enemy will devise a system to detect to emanations. Ionized plasma is a high-power energy source, which can be detected at extended ranges. And besides, what happens when your crappy Czech electrical generator konks out over enemy territory? No more plasma - no more reduced radar signature.

Now I'm not saying that the Russian industrial base is incapable - we all know that is not the case. Just look at the aircraft Suhkoi is producing. Masterful. However, plasma stealth will never be a practical way of providing low observability in the tactical battlespace, especially at low altitudes, for combat aircraft. Maybe, just maybe, it could be useful on large, high-altitude recce and spacial mission aircraft of high value. But not on a fighter or attack aircraft.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Plasma Stealth is not needed

ShTUP

i wont mind having one of these on my plane

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
NO SUPPORTERS HAVE YET ADDRESSED THE FACT THAT EVEN IF THEY DID HAVE THIS TECK THERE AEROPLANE WOULD STILL GLOW LIKE A GIANT LIGHT BULB DUE 2 THE POSITIVE IONIZATION EMMITED FROM A DEVICE. UNLESS U DONT UNDERSTAND THE PRINCIPLE. actually all u have done is make direct quotes from korotoyev's last speech b4 putin heard about his work and decided to classify it.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
ALSO WOULD IT BE THAT HARD TO DETECT THAT MUCH OF AN IONIZATION CHANGE WITH A DIFFERENT FORM OF RADAR

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join