It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

This just out on the Obama Propaganda Channel: Obama Declares National Medical Emergency

We all know MSNBC is the Obama Channel. He just gave them the right to release the info.......What does it mean?

Does this mean some here may have been right. Will post as more info comes in.

Signs proclamation on Flu Outbreak. Obama states it will help with the distribution of the vaccine. Only 4 states do not have major outbreaks, MSNBC quoting Obama.

[edit on 10/24/2009 by endisnighe]

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

So it begins....

Ha! I'm the first to say that! Yeah! plucky rocks!

Third line for rhetorical integrity.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Declaring a national emergency opens the door for mandatory vaccinations and quarantines.

We are in big trouble folks.

The emergency declaration, signed by the president late Friday, enhances the ability of medical treatment facilities to handle a spike in influenza A(H1N1) patients by allowing them to implement emergency plans thanks to federal requirement waivers.

www.google.com...

Key words are federal requirement waivers, meaning they can circumvent constitutional rights.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by slyce]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Good spot...you beat me by 2 minutes...slow uptake on the newest sidebar...

It's was just on CNN also...

I fear this will not bode well either...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
what does this mean for us? I cant find any information in any of the articles what the national emergency allows the government to do?
Does this mean mandatory vaccinations? Does anyone else find this strange when major medical studes have said the swine flu is peaking right now and should die down soon? Also notice all the propoganda lately about swine flu? Im worried right now.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
According to MSNBC, this Declaration eases Federal regulations on the distribution of the vaccine. Where are all the vaccines? Obama got his shot, where is mine?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This H1N1 stuff is just mind boggling. I don't believe for a minute anyone is going to make anyone get a vaccination. I haven't seen any proof that this would happen.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by slyce
Declaring a national emergency opens the door for mandatory vaccinations and quarantines.

Um, hello, that is why I said "so it begins...." We are all doomed. THis doom is as fresh as can be, so much so that I am going to be sick, but in a good way, as in I-just-got--the -seasonal-flu-and-the-test-for-the-swine-flu-is-worthless-so-I-am-now-going-to-fight-going-to-quarantine kind of sick.

[edit on 10/24/2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Obama declares swine flu national emergency Order could speed up treatments by waiving certain medical standards
www.msnbc.msn.com...

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has signed a proclamation declaring swine flu a national emergency, the White House said Saturday.

"In keeping with the administration's proactive approach to H1N1 Flu, President Obama last night signed a proclamation declaring 2009-H1N1 Influenza a national emergency," it said in a statement. "The proclamation enhances the ability of our nation's medical treatment facilities to handle a surge in H1N1 patients by allowing, as needed, the waiver of certain standard federal requirements on a case-by-case basis."

On Friday, federal health officials said more Americans have been vaccinated against seasonal flu this fall than ever before by this time of year.
More at Link...

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by slyce

Um, hello, that is why I said "so it beings...." We are all doomed. THis doom is as fresh as can be, so much so that I am going to be sick, but in a good way, as in I-just-got--the -seasonal-flu-and-the-test-for-the-swine-flu-is-worthless-so-I-am-now-going-to-fight-going-to-quarantine kind of sick.

I'll be in that same line.

The National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601-1651) eliminated or modified some
statutory grants of emergency authority, required the President to declare formally the
existence of a national emergency and to specify what statutory authority, activated
by the declaration, would be used, and provided Congress a means to countermand
the President’s declaration and the activated authority being sought. The
development of this regulatory statute and subsequent declarations of national
emergency are reviewed in this report, which is updated as events require.

fpc.state.gov...

Under the powers delegated bysuch statutes, the President may
seize property,
organize and control the means of production,
seize commodities,
assign military forces abroad,
institute martial law,
seize and control all transportation and communication,
regulate the operation of private enterprise,
restrict travel, and, in a variety of ways,
control the lives of UnitedStates citizens.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by slyce]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well, according to MSNBC, we will not be seeing enough vaccines until mid November. Well, how long did it take Emergency personell to reach Katrina. Will this be Obama's Katrina.

Well we cannot blame The One.

Also on MSNBC, this just in, LISTEN UP FOLKS-Polar bears are going to DIE! We need to do all we can. Me, I am going north and going to give one personally a haircut with all the Global Warming going on.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
According to the yahoo article:

The White House on Saturday said Obama signed a proclamation that would allow medical officials to bypass certain federal requirements. Officials described the move as similar to a declaration ahead of a hurricane making landfall.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wow... its happening.

This will be real interesting to follow.... is this the October event we were waiting for?

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Our daughter, goes by the name Cookie Doodle here has a flu. We don't know if it's 'that' flu. They wont' test. She has asthma and so my wife is keeping a close eye on her. Her fever has been bouncing between 103 - normal for 4 days.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yah, I can't see this ending well for us... Yet another excuse to trample on our constitutional rights.

OT: And on the polar bear thing, I saw a special National Geographic I think it was where they are moving far enough south where they are starting to interbreed with Grizzly's potentially creating a new species.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
'Under the powers delegated by
such statutes, the President may seize property, organize and control the means of
production, seize commodities, assign military forces abroad, institute martial law,
seize and control all transportation and communication, regulate the operation of
private enterprise, restrict travel, and, in a variety of ways, control the lives of United
States citizens.'

That does not sound good at all. Looks like this might get very very real for you guys in the U.S... hope it's fearmongering and this action by the president is actually going to help....

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
as posted on the other thread,

Well ain't that something?

Just as our town newspaper, yesterday, has bold all caps front page news,

"IT AIN'T H1N1", and telling people to stay home and stop running to the emergency room.

ok so what is it?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I just finished reading that article and looked at the comments on MSNBC, the first two commentors accusing the government of using the distraction-this is John "I was going to say the same thing. Another crisis. "Hey, look over there. What's that?" Ha! Ha!"

Even people on MSNBC are seeing the government as against us. Obama's real approval rating is probably more like 40% if even that high.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
H1N1 Has hit hard in my area and my family.

It is a real threat.

You can make flippant comments and act like adolescents while there are teenagers in the hospital in my town fighting for their lives right this moment.

One of those teens is my niece. She's been sick 6 weeks now.

This will not lead to martial law. Nor will it become mandatory that we all get the N1H1 shot.

Use your brains and reason this situation out.

Edit to add: I came to this conclusion using my brain and doing much research. I can think and reason. I am not an ATS sheeple.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by dizziedame]

[edit on 24-10-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bad Dog

I wish you and your family all my hopes.

reply to post by Chonx

'Under the powers delegated by such statutes, the President may seize property, organize and control the means of production, seize commodities, assign military forces abroad, institute martial law, seize and control all transportation and communication, regulate the operation of private enterprise, restrict travel, and, in a variety of ways, control the lives of United States citizens.'

Yes, I would like to know where all of our vaccines are? I will not take them, but many want to. So like I said, where is all the vaccine at? China? The NWO's next victim.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join