It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard of the Gelatin Art Collective? WTC 91st floor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

In May 2000, the Austrian art collective Gelitin lifted the window out of the wall of their studio, pushed a wooden balcony through the resultant hole and stood on it, waving, to be photographed. So far, so conceptually unchallenging, except for the studio's location: the 91st floor of the World Trade Center's north tower. (Photos of the incident, if it really happened – Gelitin are great pranksters – were taken from a helicopter.) A year later, the first jet hit the tower just at the point where the foursome had stood.

I had never heard of them until today, until I came across this link on Reddit:
[url]http://coreofcorruption.com/index.php/?p=293" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
www.independent.co.uk...[/ur l]

In May 2000, the Austrian art collective Gelitin lifted the window out of the wall of their studio, pushed a wooden balcony through the resultant hole and stood on it, waving, to be photographed. So far, so conceptually unchallenging, except for the studio's location: the 91st floor of the World Trade Center's north tower. (Photos of the incident, if it really happened – Gelitin are great pranksters – were taken from a helicopter.) A year later, the first jet hit the tower just at the point where the foursome had stood.

I had never heard of them until today, until I came across this link on Reddit:
[url]http://coreofcorruption.com/index.php/?p=293

I was contacted by an individual who led me to this information about the art students living in WTC Tower 1 before 9/11. In fact, in May of 2000, they were living on the 91st floor where they were doing construction and sleeping in tents. They did have construction passes. I do believe that ACE Elevator and Securicom, as well as Kroll Associates should be focused on, however, this is important information that has never been confirmed, until now.

Who were these artists, and how did they get permission to live at the WTC? It is a very eerie coincidence that they were in the North Tower right where the plane hit...

en.wikipedia.org...

The B-Thing, 2000, a small temporary balcony on the 91st floor of the World Trade Center

www.gelitin.net...

"And then the surgical intervention in the World Trade Center in New York City. Everything top secret and illegal of course. In days of conspiratorial work, somewhere on the 148th floor and using building site refuse they had tediously smuggled into the building under their pullovers, they constructed a functioning load-bearing balcony. In a long complicated process they scratched putty from the tall heavy window, which couldn't be opened. Then they extracted it using suction pads, shunted the balcony out, posed on it at 6 in the morning and had themselves photographed there from a helicopter for their nearest and dearest back home. They kept very mum about it all, because if word had crept out about their coup they could have been fined very heavily for sabotaging a national treasure. Even if it was built by the Japanese. Incidentally, as proof that they were there, there is now a piece of old chewing gum stuck to the outside of the building at a dizzy height.", by Tex Rubinowitz, in "The B-Thing"

I don't know if I believe the blog's assertion that they have connections to Mossad, but honestly I am a bit in shock, and don't know who/what to believe.

If this information has been posted here, I apologize as I found nothing when I searched.
Hopefully some of more savvy 911 researchers will know what to do with this information.
DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is completely new to me!!! I'm stunned, shocked and cannot wait to see what becomes of this story.

It seems there's just more and more questions as time goes on. How come no one is answering!?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The Mossad have used agents posing as artists or art students in many locales. (Interestingly Sun Myung Moon likes sending out his spies under the guise of the foreign art student.)

The appeal is that they can dress oddly, carry big things around, and claim to be "Art". Who knows exactly what they are carrying about or what is in their installations ... or what they are doing when not seen in public.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Somebody started a thread here on it.

But, since this happened in May of 2000...???

Seems like the kind of stunt that you sometimes see done for "artistic" reasons...like decorating bridges with banners, jumping off building wearing parachutes. Trespass for the thrill, and the "creativity" of it....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the links to the other thread, I don't know why I couldn't find them in the search. Maybe too new or something.

I will post my thoughts in the other thread, but I will answer the "May 2000" question here.

Many have debated a question of how anyone would get explosives, thermite, airplane homing beacons, or what have you, into the building in advance of the 911 attacks?

My question now, is who else had possible access to the interior of the World Trade buildings under the auspices of 'Experimental Art'?

Via Google, I just found another 'Experimental Artist' who also was involved in an art space located on the 91st floor of World Trade, this time 1999:

en.wikipedia.org...

Vitiello was a resident artist at the World Trade Center in 1999 where he recorded sounds from the 91st floor using home-built contact microphones, as well as photocells and used that material in his Bright and Dusty Things album (New Albion Records) as well as in an installation environment, World Trade Center Recordings: Winds After Hurricane Floyd. The project received some publicity after the September 11, 2001 attacks on the complex.

So now we have an artist in 1999 who recorded the sounds of Hurricane Floyd from that location.
And we have artists in 2000 who symbolical punctured a hole in the side of the WTC at that site, extending a balcony.

So who was the artist/s in that space in 2001?
DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Art students alright!

I didn't know nanothermite painting was an artform!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Something does stand out in this....

"......on the 148th floor...."

148 floors?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Something does stand out in this....

"......on the 148th floor...."

That's some serious artwork, yup, yup, yup!!! Such a balcony like you won't believe, let me tell you........

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's a total red herring.

9/11 investigators have long known about the four Gelitin artists who were in the North Tower in 2000 for a day or two. Go to Gelitin's website
www.gelitin.net...
and you will find their stay there listed. Heck, they even wrote a book (now out of print but still available in some bookshops) about how they altered a window and built a balcony near the top of the tower. These Austrian performance artists are well-known in Europe (watch their videos at the above link) and even delivered four lectures at an art gallery in New York during September and October in 2001.

Were these crazy guys involved in 9/11? Nah! They frequently get permission from the relevant authorities to do all sorts of weird and crazy stunts - just look at their "creations", so it comes as NO surprise that they were allowed to do their performance art in the WTC.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Maybe they themselves are a Red Herring, but I still want to know if there were 'Artists' on that floor in 2001. There were in 2000 and 1999 so I have found.

Been following the main thread...
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i noticed ppl wrote stuff in other threads like: 14 students, 91st floor, mossad, art students, construction and those threads appear to have disappeared already based on a search to find them today. tsk, tsk

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Apparently they did a encore appearance in NYC having renamed themselves 'GELITIN' literally showcasing their XXX phallic impressions in clay via an exhibit entitles 'NY Golem'

www.gelitin.net...

of all the words they could choose, why GELITIN, and now, GOLEM? i mean seriously... GOLEM

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

I guess it would be these guys

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
they seem to be a class act

top topics

join