It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds to 60 Million American Anglers: We don't need you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Feds to 60 Million American Anglers: We don't need you

fish.shimano.com

IRVINE, Calif. USA – October 5, 2009 – A recently published administration document outlines a structure that could result in closures of sport fishing in salt and freshwater areas across America. The White House created an Interagency Oceans Policy Task Force in June and gave them only 90 days to develop a comprehensive federal policy for all U.S. coastal, ocean and Great Lakes waters. Under the guise of ‘protecting’ these areas, the current second phase of the Task Force direction is to develop zoning which may permanently close vast areas of fishing waters nationwide. This is to be
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ccatexas.org

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Here is another attempt by un-elected, control-freaked Czars and beuracrats to end all froms of independence.

Fishing is one of the most relaxing activities you can do and I have personally seen the effects of conservation on the tx gulf coast.

We fished tarpon almost out of existence, but now they're back. Same with aligators, we even have a hunting season for them now. Yes Lavaca Bay down here is still filled with mercury but... we're learning.

Commercial fishing is horrendous. Basicallly if it gets caught, it dies, from sea turtles to marlin.

I do agree with regulating the commercial aspects, but hunters and angler are reponsible for a lot of conservational efforts. They have grown up doing these activities bearing witness to the changes in environment. This inspires these people to but they're money into organizations like the C.C.A., even though a majority of them are republican.

Enough with the demonization of the fundamentals of our survival. These activities like fishing and hunting take people out of the cities and put them into their roots. If we loose our perspective on how we got where we are, there is no doubt we will loose perspective of what we have.

fish.shimano.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

People have been posting about this for the past three days now.

Just saying...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thanks I'm new here. I did a search, but..... anyways.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylee
Thanks I'm new here. I did a search, but..... anyways.

It okay. I sometimes have problems with the search too.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
seriously what the hell is going on.

the czars are supposed to be advisors, who died and gave them power over anything?

oooo. right.... the messiah did.

too bad it will be fixed next election.

let them pass anything they want. it will be gone in a few years

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Please post your thoughts in this earlier thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

closed.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wylee

From Source:

he report makes it clear that future authority for implementing the policy for coastal and inland waters will fall under White House jurisdiction with a new National Ocean Council comprised of over 20 federal agencies at Cabinet Secretary or Deputy Secretary level. No reference to Congressional jurisdiction is indicated.

This is simply a power grab by the Feds (Obama) against the States.

Part of Obama's overall plan to take all power from the people to the central socialized government. While we all stand by in awe!

Anyone think that the Fed is more capable of managing State fisheries? In my state of Alaska the State department of fish and game is considerable larger and more capable. It is also closely connected to the needs of citizens. The Feds up here are a joke in comparison..

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It says this thread is closed but here I am........

I agree that the state agencies should be in control of Game and Fish. They aren't as corrupt as the Feds. However here in New Mexico our state agencies are almost as corrupt as the feds.

I'm gonna star andflag this thread just to show my heart in in the right place wylee.

Remember this when you run across some of mine.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by whaaa]

top topics

join