It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirsten Powers to Obama: "Grow up already!"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Gotta love this - a Democratic Analyst who voted for Obama is even sick of the level of whining coming from the White House about Fox News lately. She follows another Chris Wallace's lead and calls Obama's administration the biggest bunch of crybabies and tells the president to "Grow up, already! You're the President of the United States!" - well, not to his face of course.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Gee, i don't know. That clip probably belongs in the
"Political Madness" section. Only rainbows and bluebirds
are allowed out here in Breaking Political News.
Obama is great. Obama is great.

Standby to have your thread moved to the loony bin here at ATS.

- Political Madness -

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by sos37

Gee, i don't know. That clip probably belongs in the
"Political Madness" section. Only rainbows and bluebirds
are allowed out here in Breaking Political News.
Obama is great. Obama is great.

Standby to have your thread moved to the loony bin here at ATS.

- Political Madness -

As a victim of having several of my mainstream political threads moved just in the last day, I too am surprised this is still here - although it clearly deserves to be here.

Where was the need for a "political madness" forum when Bush was in office and during the last election when liberals posted thread after thread (hundreds?) and post after post (thousands?) of the lowest comments???

Hate to have to say it it, but Political Correctness
seems to be creeping into ATS more and more, even if still applied somewhat arbitrarily. Wonder if it is out of fear? Which leads to the question, "Fear of what or whom?"

[edit on 10/12/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Just another attack to the President that bears no news relevance. The "do-nothing" party and its members trying to expand their hatred for Obama knows no boundaries.

President after President have had their clash with the media from time to time...Obama would not be exception.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
A political roundtable at Fox bashing Obama.

This is news because?

If this was presented in a more constructive manner that promoted debate I might be more supportive but as presented its simply sniping.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Yawwwn...
This makes good entertainment, but that's about it.

Nothing but a NWO puppet Prez and a Bush/Cheny lovin' network.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I see some here don't read or listen as what has become the norm. you wonder why the Admin created the new forum. No debate, no discussion, just throw out crap and see what sticks to the wall.

The point of this thread is something that the Obama supporters refuse to see.
The Presidency of the United States of America is suppose to be the highest position in our land. The power that guides us. Dignity and respect.

Now over time, some have gotten caught being a little less. But this Administration and this President have sunk to new lows.

Calling by name one of the few media outlets that does not agree with you? Really? The closest it has come in recent times is Nixon, and that was done behind closed doors as he shut off access to him.
Did he call them out for all to hear and see? no.

Does this President have a glass jaw or is he trying to completely control everything?
What would be the reason he would have to do this?

Should he not be busy with all that is wrong? How about create some jobs for once? How about working on the war that has to be won, according to him?

I did not vote for him. But, I did have hopes he would dump the political system on it's head and go in a good direction. He did do the 5 billion for the Small Business Administration. That is when I thought he could do some good. Wow! Got that wrong!

How low is this President will to stoop? How is lowering the standard of respect of power helping us?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Calling by name one of the few media outlets that does not agree with you?

That's just the thing, New's outlets aren't supposed to agree or disagree they are there to report the news and let you form your own opinion, so Obama isn't the only one in the wrong here.

I wouldn't even call Fox or most of the other msm 'news' outlets, propaganda outlets are more like it. The point is both have different agendas and it's not on the side of the people.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Kristen Powers...
Fox News analyst who appears regularly on The O'Reilly Factor.
Regular guest host for morning Fox News Radio show Brian and the Judge.
She is a regular guest host on Hannity.
One of the top contenders to replace Alan Colmes when he left the Hannity & Colmes show in December, 2008.

I know token democrat with sufficient GOP leanings to be cast as a faux voice of objectivity on a famously biased news outlet doesn't have the same snap as "democratic analyst who voted for Obama"...but true all the same

Whether she is a voice of objectivity or not aside...I agree in a small way...the Obama administration should not be acknowledging in any way an organization like Fox News. They serve no purpose but to egg on irrational discussion points.

But then again the only time I hear about the administration knocking Fox news is from Fox news. I think Fox likes to cast themselves as some intelligent voice that the administration is looking to muffle..it is but more play-acting for the sake of ratings.

If Fox offered reasoned and unbiased criticism of the white house I would be a fan. As it stands they have missed the boat in my opinion and the country is worse off for it. They traded objectivity and journalistic ethics for ratings and money...more so than other media outlets who are guilty as well.

It would have been cool to see them swim counter to current media and elevate their game rather than dive deeper into the sewage, but now I am daydreaming.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Calling by name one of the few media outlets that does not agree with you?

That's just the thing, New's outlets aren't supposed to agree or disagree they are there to report the news and let you form your own opinion, so Obama isn't the only one in the wrong here.

I wouldn't even call Fox or most of the other msm 'news' outlets, propaganda outlets are more like it. The point is both have different agendas and it's not on the side of the people.

Then you don't know your history. There has never been a true "News Oulet". They all decide what is important where and when, thus effecting news. Besides I said "media Outlet".

Obama is the only one wrong here. Point blank.
I don't care if he called out MSNBC for kissing too much butt, it is not his place to say so. That is the point.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
But then again the only time I hear about the administration knocking Fox news is from Fox news. I think Fox likes to cast themselves as some intelligent voice that the administration is looking to muffle..it is but more play-acting for the sake of ratings.

If Fox offered reasoned and unbiased criticism of the white house I would be a fan. As it stands they have missed the boat in my opinion and the country is worse off for it. They traded objectivity and journalistic ethics for ratings and money...more so than other media outlets who are guilty as well.

Then you must only watch Fox News.
This subject has been all over the channels. They have bashed Fox and it's people every week.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Then you must only watch Fox News.
This subject has been all over the channels. They have bashed Fox and it's people every week.

Absolutely right. Here's the proof:

White House, Fox News Trade Jabs
news.aol.com...

White House Again Hits Fox News
www.cbsnews.com...

White House: Fox News 'a wing of the Republican Party'
www.nydailynews.com...

White House, Fox News in Olympic Struggle
omg.yahoo.com...

Everyone posting here who said this was posted as a cheap jab at the president hasn't been paying attention to political news lately at how the White House has been specifically calling out Fox News lately.

Not a topic for debate, you say? Then you must either not be interested in politics or you're blinded by partisanship. The White House is quickly creating it's own martyr-news-network the same way Nixon fed the NY Times during his administration.

Thankfully, one or more mods understood this and kept the post here where it belongs.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

It is because they have no good argument for the President of the United States to be doing this.
Pretty weird times we are living in. At least it's waking a few up to how corupt our Govt, political system, banking system really is.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

My issue is that no facts, no quotes etc. are attached to this thread. Its just a video and a clearly biased opinion.

-Snip- take it back! thanks OP for posting some links in support of your view.

I guess I've become spoiled by some of the outstanding posts and enlightened discussions that can occur on ATS and have come to expect a lot more.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Pretty weird times we are living in. At least it's waking a few up to how corupt our Govt, political system, banking system really is.

Thats all we can hope for, at least some may see and wake up, i doubt many though.

Obama was just brought in for to be international presidential figure.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

It's not a new low at all. If there is broadcasting station who some individuals see are a respected "news" organization spewing out trash then it's alright to call them out on it.

So you might wonder, why would some news organization be such a big deal? It's because they are the only news station spewing out trash on that level, this entertains a certain group of people (hence their ratings). So this particular group of people start to believe this trash and then politicians have to vote in favor of this trash. Why would politicians have to vote in favor of this trash? This is easy, it's because they like their jobs.

People are going to believe want the media tells them to believe. So they are basically creating the issues. The key thing to remember here is that the issues they create are not necessarily going to be important ones, not in this day in age. An example of this would be this thread, we are sitting here talking about this as if it was important or something.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by j2000

My issue is that no facts, no quotes etc. are attached to this thread. Its just a video and a clearly biased opinion.

-Snip- take it back! thanks OP for posting some links in support of your view.

I guess I've become spoiled by some of the outstanding posts and enlightened discussions that can occur on ATS and have come to expect a lot more.
[edit on 13-10-2009 by Helmkat]

I know, that is why I brought up the point and questions that I did.
I get real tired of good posible discussions getting sucked into the BS zone.
Please engage me on the points.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by j2000

It's not a new low at all. If there is broadcasting station who some individuals see are a respected "news" organization spewing out trash then it's alright to call them out on it.

Trash? What Trash? Can you give examples?

You mean like Van Jones?
You mean like ACORN?
You mean like the Stimulus plan that has saved the day and brought jobs?

Please, do tell.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

What the hell is anyone - ANYONE - on here doing PRAISING Fox News?!

The argument that Fox has the slightest part of objectionability is null and void. Indeed, have you all forgotten all teh Bush era pandering!?

Scare tactics anyone??

No. Thought not.

Horrific thred.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join