It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patient Dies After Taking Relenza Flu Vaccine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I believe I don't have to add anything else... the second known victim, the first official.

www.attorneyatlaw.com...

The Food and Drug Administration is warning healthcare professionals about the recent death of a pregnant woman who died after being administered a form of the influenza drug Relenza by an unapproved method. The woman, who lived outside the United States, was given Relenza Inhalation Powder that was made soluble and delivered via mechanical ventilation, a process that is called nebulization and not recommended for administering Relenza in powdered form, the FDA said.

Relenza, also known chemically as zanamivir, is made by GlaxoSmithKline and approved for treating adults and children with certain strains of the influenza virus. In April, the Food and Drug Administration approved the emergency use of Relenza and another flu drug, Tamiflu, to fight the spread of the H1N1 flu virus.

However, British researchers later said the use of Relenza and Tamiflu to treat H1N1 in children appears to have few benefits and substantial risks to young children younger than 12.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Sharrow]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That's too bad.
Well at least she won't have to suffer from the flu!

Or her baby.....

There's lotsa profit in vaccines!
Ask Donald Rumsfeld. Anyone remember him?
money.cnn.com...

Amazing what can get done when people are scared!
S & F!

[edit on 10-10-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
And your point is?

If you are trying to make people think the woman died because of the swine flu vaccine you have failed.

If the story is really fact, she died because of an error in administration of a vaccine. It's a medical error on the doctor's part.

Dig a little harder and come up with something better than that.

I'm calling my doctor Monday and see if he has the vaccine in yet. If so, I will go immediately to his office and get my Swine flu vaccine.

I had the seasonal flu vaccine a few weeks ago and had no ill effects. Not even a sore arm from the needle.

I am seriously wondering what kind of agent you are. What is your agenda?

[edit on 10-10-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by doodad

I agree in the name of pandemic vaccines and their counter part has been rushed through the system and into the public with not accountability and testing for the safety in people targeting children and pregnant women.

Just look at the law sue been filed against the FDA in the US because they have never actually follow their laws to made sure that the H1N1 was properly tested under their own federal laws before been distributed to the public

In October of 12 of 1976 the H1N1 vaccine was pushed into the public for mass vaccination before federal laws to protect the public, by December 16 of 1976 it was taken out of the markets due to death and paralysis.

The results of neglect and proper testing, let see what we got this time aroundfamily members of the affected and death were able to sue the government, they got rewarded, but this time around they have immunity, then you most wonder why. . .

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'll gladly tell everyone here what my agenda is.

My cousin got the swine flu vaccine in the 70's and ended up
with Guillain-Barré syndrome.

So ya its a little personal. And sadly true.
Good luck with your shots.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
First of all it was not a vaccine. Read the article for your self and you will realize that.

Secondly, all it proves is that if you use an anti-viral medicine in the wrong way it can kill. Not really a shocker.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
one influenza drug Relenza is not a vaccine its a anti viral.
www.medilexicon.com...
This drug does not prevent influenza its a treatment after you already have the flu.

The woman, who lived outside the United States

All this story proves is that there are doctors in other countries that should not be called doctors.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

The sad part I see from the article is that no even your health care providers can be trusted when it comes to the proper method for treatment.

One of the problems facing the H1N1 in the law sue been filed against the FDA is that the vaccine needs to be mixed before injected, this brings the question of how much expertise the many places that will be administering the vaccine have to make sure that the mixing is the proper one leave it to the inexperience and human error.

Vaccine / adjuvant combination has never been properly tested
The vaccine / adjuvant combination being referred to as the "swine flu vaccine" has apparently never been safety tested or approved by the FDA. In fact, in many cases the vaccine is being sent to clinics, pharmacies and other health establishments separately from the adjuvant chemical, leaving it up to each local vaccine retailer to properly mix the vaccine with the adjuvant, according to information provided by Turner. With hundreds of millions of Americans potentially being targeted with this vaccine, the potential for improper mixing, improper dosages, and human error is alarming.

www.naturalnews.com...

[edit on 10-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
RELENZA IS NOT A VACCINE.

PLEASE STOP SPREADING LIES.

Relenza is an anti-viral medication.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Oops, I misunderstood the OP.

Well. I do have to agree with you about Tamiflu and others like it.

When we had swine flu in my family our doctor prescribed Tamiflu. I stopped taking it after the third does.

My son got swine flu last week and all our area drugstores were out of Tamiflu so I gave my remaining Tamiflu to my son.

Neither of us or other family members will ever take Tamiflu again.

Not only did it cause physical side effects it seemed to had a bad effect on our minds.

It made us all feel tense, very agitated and somewhat dangerous.

Never again.

Edit to add: The majority of us were taking the Tamiflu and a preventive measure and did not have the flu. Only 4 family members have actually had the flu.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Your headline is factually incorrect. The proper headline should be: Patient Dies While Taking Relenza for Influenza, FDA Tells Docs. This chances the entire meaning of the article, doesn't it?

As the article you posted says, the woman died from the *unapproved* use of a flu *treatment*. She had the flu already. After being given Relenza, she died. If you read the article, she was given this drug through a mechanical ventilator, the sort of device they put you on when you are severely ill and cannot breath on your own. That should tell you right away that this woman was already in serious trouble, facing life-threatening illness. There is a good possibility that doctors were trying desperately to get the Relenza into her lungs because she was severely ill. Their efforts failed. Did they fail because of what they did, or in spite of it? I don't know. But she was already in bad shape from the flu.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Do you know what is the difference between us? For me it's really matter it's a vaccine or a medicine, if it's killing. For you it's really matter if someone dies. I hope you see the difference.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
WOW!

Relenza is an antiviral drug NOT a vaccine, In the UK you either get Tamiflu or Relenza but its got nothing what-so-ever to do with a Swine flu Vaccine.

What you say there is very misleading.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I'm calling my doctor Monday and see if he has the vaccine in yet. If so, I will go immediately to his office and get my Swine flu vaccine.

Hmm, well good luck with that. Just curious, why the rush? I honestly doubt it will even prevent the swine flu. I don't know about it dropping poeple like flies(like so many paranoids have said) but I doubt it will work as it should.

edit to add: I saw a poll on cnn saying "will you take the swine flu vaccine?" A whopping 97% said no!

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Centurionx]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

That is another question that the Law sue been filled against the FAD is been asked and the FDA can not answer.

Is not prove whatsoever that the H1N1 vaccine can prevent the swine flu.

No medical testing to prof because it has not been any.

To date, the FDA has produced absolutely no scientific evidence documenting safety tests for any of these swine flu vaccines. There are no published studies, no records of any clinical trials, and no publicly-available paper trail demonstrating that any safety testing was done whatsoever. There is no researcher who has publicly put their name on the record declaring the vaccines to be safe, and no FDA official has ever stated that scientifically-valid safety testing has ever been conducted on the vaccine / adjuvant combinations now being distributed across America.

www.naturalnews.com...

Why then the vaccine has been pushed? because is billions of dollars of profits in the line, in todays America the profiting of corporate America comes before the safety of the People in the nation

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

So basically what your saying is that despite your totaly misrepresenting the article, you have changed focus AND now are trying a differnet angle since the first did not work?

There is no great mystery here that medication (and by that I MEAN ALL medication) has a risk benifit ratio to it. Some are low, some are high. Its a choice, and one that we all make everyday.

Do I go 75 instead of 65 on the freeway?
Do I jaywalk?
Do I order that burger cooked rare?

etc etc etc etc.

If your expectation is that everything in life is without this risk / benifit component then you might as wekk wait for heaven cause you wont find it here.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ok, Who here is a Doctor? A Nurse? in the Medical field at all? Now if you aren't Do you really think you should be Giving Medical advice?

I understand people have strong views about this subject, but you shouldn't tell someone one way or another. Talking about it is fine, but making medical

its Propaganda.

Only a person's doctor will know what he/she should be doing.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by 10001011]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Relenza is not a vaccine.

We need to stay really focused on facts here and not buy into arbitrary misleading information flying around.

Really the truth of this whole fiasco is much much stranger than fiction.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I am a Licensed Paramedic with 19 years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I have a Master's Degree.

I served three years on the Board of Directors of the National Association of Emergency Medical Services Educators.

---

All medications carry risk of side effects, including death.

Relenza is NOT A VACCINE.

Relenza is an anti-viral medication used to treat people already infected with viral illness.

Tamiflu and Relenza are similar to antibiotics used for bacteria. As you know bacteria can become resistant to antibiotics, and already the H1N1 virus is becoming resistant to Tamiflu in parts of the world.

The ACTUAL H1N1 vaccine (given before exposure) results in 96% of patients to create full immunity to the H1N1 flu. The remaining 4% might benefit from a second vaccine.

The way to avoid deadly perceived side-effects of antiviral medications is to get the vaccine before you are exposed.

Logically:

If you get the vaccine there is a 96% chance you won't get H1N1 flu.

If you don't get H1N1 flu, you won't die from H1N1 flu.

If you don't get H1N1 flu, you won't need Tamiflu.

If you don't get H1N1 flu, you won't die from Tamiflu.

The headline on this article is preposterous and is an example of the fear-mongering being propagated by ill-informed attention whores.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join