It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artist Jaunes shouts Free Cuba in front of hundreds of thousands of Cubans in Cuba!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
On September 20th, the artist Juanes held a free concert for peace in Havanna, Cuba, where several hundred of thousand cubans (reported to be up to a million on some channels) gathered for the concert. It was truly amazing, especially since it was in Cuba and the fact that Jaunes shouted Free Cuba! to all the cubans in attendance.

Paz Sin (Con) Fronteras

Playing in front of several hundred thousand fans at the Peace Without Borders concert, Juanes bucked the authoritarian regime led by the Castro brothers by chanting, "Cuba libre! Cuba libre!" ("Free Cuba!")

USA Today - Latin Pop Star Surprises Havana

At the very end of the show, The Herald says, Juanes shouted: ``Cuba libre! Cuba libre!'' (Free Cuba!) And then chanted, ``One Cuban family! One Cuban family!''

Reached by phone in Havana shortly after the concert ended, Juanes said the day was indeed about much more than music.

``There aren't words to talk about something so huge, something that's so beyond music,'' he told the newspaper. ``This is the power of art, the power of music. We're so happy because the people are happy, and that's what matters to us.''

Concert Sample (look at 2:34 to see size of crowd)

Jaunes shouting Cuba Libre (free Cuba) (kinda repeats itself but really it was brave to say that in a communist country)

[edit on 22-9-2009 by tenpensdown]

[edit on 22-9-2009 by tenpensdown]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
C'mon I heard on the MSM that their was like tens of thousands at the MOST. C'mon I am sure that was a Castro rally that was televised. C'mon the government did not even know it was going on and they will check into it as soon as they can. I am sorry, I just had to. Fracking asshats out there. Anyway thanks for the thread and I am sure Obama and our government will do all in their power to make sure the PTB will remain in power.

May all of mankind be free from TYRANNY!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah thats definitely a castro rally. ha

They got a lot of criticism for holding it in Cuba, but I thought it was pretty cool. They were doing it for the people not for the government.

new topics

join