It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
this subject has struct alot of constravercy, but i think the main focus is not that you don't beleive in god but that you don't beleive what you was force to beleive in by mis-information. That is my man reason into why i have different beleives now, that and understand that there is other life in the universe. Those two question i guess are basically the same in some ways or go along the same paths, so that is why i just ask the one question that takes me down both roads.

Now, that question toke me down other forms of beleive that basically brings me back to the mis-information age again. That god is an alien but is a being that is un-explainable, and have powers that far exseeds our understanding. But, who regulates what one person is ready to open they're eyes to. I think the simple fact that you asked the question show that the person asking is ready. Thats like parents telling they're children that they're not ready to know about sex because they're not mature enough to know. But, i beleive that that child having the curage enough to ask the question show reason to give the question, or at least open the door enough to see if they get scared and run away, and step through.

I mean, i understand the humans of that time not being barely ready to understand it. But, the new advances in technology and other studies opens us up to another level of understanding i beleive. So, i think it gets down to the simple fact of what is the reason to ask. Some do have " un-true " reasons of knowing what god is and what really happen in the so called beginning.

Which brings be to another point, i think the bible in some ways is made to confuse people from the trueth by talking in parables and complexity. So many things in the bible could be taking or mis-taking in so many other ways that it clouds the real reasons. like the fraze " in the beginning ", that could be taking as so many other things not just the beginning of time. That could mean in the beginning of understanding, or in the beginning of human life, or the beginning concious-ness i mean anything. So, i mean people talk as if they know the main reason to the bible, and beleive strongly that what htey understand is the only trueth or meaning to it.

A meaning that i refuse to beleive any more is that god is some mystical being beyond our understanding. Saying that something is beyond somethings understanding insitts that there must be a sociaty of understanding that can't be just occupied by one being or thing and presnets the conclusion that we may get to this level of understanding. So, the major question out of that is when? i mean it's been thousands of years of growth in our understanding, we must be somewhere close.

Now, they're must be another race of being living on another planet then from the one of god if any. So, i beleive god died before his work was done, and these new races has been coming around experimenting to see what " god " was trinna do here. Because, the bible predicted that some historians has estamated to hove been the year 2000 to be the year that god returned and toke only the selected and left everything else to die in a horrible death, lol or " go to hell ". But, this didn't happen.

I mean i was extremely #ty, i thought we all was going to die so i ran game on so many females that " since we all bout to die why don't we have sex" schemes, and then that final supposit second came down and nothing happened. I went out and bought all those gallon of water and canned good for no reason. not even a flicker. So, either " god " is alseep at the wheel or he is dead some how.

but that is just an opinion and is besides that point, the point is when will the end come? and when will we be ready to understand.

i kno i feel i came to a point in life where i just must know, and feel i can't continue without this knowledge.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
religion is over rated from the beginning. sure i beleive that the bible are instructions on how we should live, but i don't think it should be dualy inforced.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I do believe in God. Not the christian or muslim or hindu God, but a god or better yet, a creative force in the universe.
I find it extremly easy to believe in aliens from both a intellectual basis and a philisophical basis.
I do not believe in the God that people are killing each other over. That god does not exist.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb
I do not believe in the God that people are killing each other over. That god does not exist.

Just because some people are nutcase enough to kill people in the name of their God, doesn't mean their God does not exist.
That kind of stuff says something about those people, not about their God.

I believe in the God that some people say hates our world and the people in it. I know better though.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
OK OpenSecret 2012, you have shared your side now here is mine. If you choose to think of God as an alien, that is between you and Him. God is above any thing that we has humans think He is or justifies He is. If me saying that God could come back as you or I, then how do you explain us being created in his own image? How can you explain what Jesus did. God and Jesus are one, Yaweh and Yashua, I and my Father are one. Jesus came to this earth to redeem our sins as a flesh and blood human being. He came down for purpose and unlike us, He was free of sin and ultimately conquered death. None us can do that here on Earth. Even when God was talking a walk through Eden, or talking with Moses, and Lot, His presence just was not there. He is always everywhere and not just concentrated in one spot. We so easily forget about the awesome power of Yah, He is the all knowing and all seeing Father. Pharoas sphynx and other images built during those times were for worship, not just decor. This is one of God's Ten Commandments, not to worship other gods before Him. Yes, it is possible that other people other than the Isrealites saw cheribums and so forth, I am only going by what I have studied in the Bible. God is not an alien. He may seem alien to those who don't know Him. He is the all in all, how can we box Him in. This is why when He does come back to Earth, people will think He is an alien and try to destroy Him. O ye of little faiths. God said Himself, "My people die because of a lack of Knowledge."

[edit on 5/21/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think God is an alien.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Preest

Originally posted by CommonSense
Preest, You may want to read the link I gave to SL. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Read. Appreciated. Unfortunately, it cannot be any more than theory. There is NO PROOF that there is a Supreme Being...if there was that would negate the whole concept of faith, which is what religion is based on. Remove faith by proving God is real and you risk tampering with free will. I believe in the possibility of God though.

Mathematically, Other Intelligent Life would seem to be a fact but, once again...unproven.

Both are nothing more than theories. I accept the possibility of both but I'm grounded in enough common sense to admit that neither have been proven and until they are there's no definite answer. Both are easier to believe and neither are easier to believe.
Theory. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

A theory has mountains and mountains of verifiable, supportable, or proven evidence to support it. Anything else is hypothesis or belief.

Please stop using the word the way that you're using it, otherwise we're allowing creationists to abuse the word just as well, and they're doing a fine enough job by themselves. I cringe when I see people with rationality at the tips of their fingers, but they haven't fully grasped it.

I believe in God as much as I believe in aliens, which is to say, not at all. The evidence for either isn't compelling enough for belief, but I'm a romantic, and completely understand why people want to believe. I do not discount their existence completely, but that doesn't make me an agnostic, though perhaps agnostically atheist. I will believe when I'm presented with evidence compelling enough for belief, and I have extremely high standards for such evidence.

I will, however, admit to having one belief that is likely irrational, and that's simply to appease my romantic idealism. I still believe in a spiritual reality, but it's sans-deities.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I honestly believe in both, so why not? They don't necessary conflict with each other in Confusionuism, Hindusim(The Bhavdad-Gita & Uphisadsheds), or other indigenous religions, so why would they conflict? Even if theorecticly we could have been created and "tested", and "remade" by aliens: Think Prometheaus and Bob on "Kablam!". And they could've been created by God. Of chorse, no one will know for sure until we know how the first animal cells came into exsistance out of "nothing". And don't get me started on mythology, guys.

Remeber reading, ATS, and BSB rules!!!!
:lo l:

Well I'm happy and "The Emperor's New Groove" is on Disney right now!

[edit on 3/26/05 by BSB2005]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What I don't get is if God in all these other theologies and stuff made women usually equal but different to a men, why is it assumed men(age reguardless) are better when under different sceniroes that could be unture?

Anyway, I stand to my post before this.

Remeber ATS, READING, AND BSB RULES!!!! SO DOES GOD OR WHATEVER RUNS THE UNIVERSE!!!

happy-happy-joy-joy-happy-happy-joy-joy/happy-happy-joy-joy/happy-happy-joy-joy-happy-happy-joy-joy/-+sings to self+

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well, thanks for sharing those 2 thoughts.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I also think, I need to stop thinking, and stop being so ya' know what I mean? I mean c'mon look at MY SIGNATURE? I should have AJ saying something a bit flirty, but do I, nope. Why in the world am I like this?
And don't tell me to read Rick Warren, b/c I trust Emerson more than I trust him, but still? Just U2U me, if you think I need a girlfriend to gossip with ASAP? But if you don't believe me, or anyone else here, get off the computer and go into a park and something then post and then let me know what ya' think?

Also, in the first line, I was referning to myself as a "Super Goody-goody"! Help me! and maybe Nick Carter shouldn't sing it this time.

[edit on 3/26/05 by BSB2005]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I need to talk, so I type my arms off after a long 8 hours of bagging groceries and pushing carts(which I softa enjoy) mostly. Sorry, like I typed I think too much! I also HATE DIET TV, YUCK! Why did whatever make us that annoyingly shallow? Anyway? yeah. bye.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I upset anybody here, or annoyed them. Please don't be mad.

Anyway, what "God" was like some prehistoric creature thing that looked simialr to the "God" in southpark? Is that possible?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I have never seen god but I sure had seen a lot of aliens in this planet.

Yea. I agree. Especially on Hollywood Blvd. after 1:00A.M. in the morning. Most of the 'Aliens' as you call them are hiding in the entrance ways of stores and alleys. Pretty scary!

Mag10

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You people must realize that this universe is nothing but a computer generated dreamworld or matrix.Ask john carmack or gabe newell or will wright.They have created one of the best games like doom,quake,half life,sims,simcity.They are the gods of their games.There is no way that john or gabe or will can talk to their games as it is impossible.Can you talk to tommy vercetti in GTA vice city?No because if you can talk to them or even make your presence felt the entire experiment would fail.Also why people believe in astrology? and why in games the story is already written?.God is outside the system and the only way to meet him\her\it is to be like mother teresa or mahatma gandhi.I even think that people like mahatma gandhi have not gotten salvation as according to various alien files there are densities and god sits in the 13th density whereas we sit in the 3rd density.It is a long way to go to the 13th density and it is also said that after the 5th density physical body dosen't exist.You become a pure energy lifeform.Thats what i believe and i feel that god shouldn't had created this simulation in the first place as there is way too much pain,suffering.I think that the reason for creating this sim was that god got bored in the real world and made this virtual world.We would all know the truth when we go to the real world.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
God or aliens eh? Why should we not compare the greater liklihood of fairies vs. leprichans? Santa vs. the Tooth Fairy?

Depending on your assumptions, the odds of [other
] intelligent life elsewhere in our galaxy are either extremly high or virtually nill. The thing is, we really don't know what those odds are. If you accept that aliens are visiting the earth, you must subscribe to some sort of conspiracy theory to explain the lack of credible evidence; scientific or government coverups, the zoo theory, reptilians, an ancient treaty that moden humans have forgotten about for some reason, etc.

All of these suffer from the same problem as the lack of credible evidence for gods. Seemingly ad hoc stories have been invented to explain why we can't prove any given fantastic theory. Are the theories possibly true? Yes. Has a reasonable standard of evidence been presented such that these beliefs are reasonable? No.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Unless you have physical proof to prove either Aliens or God, both, whatever.

Then what you're talking about is a matter of believing something which hasn't been concretely proven. That's called Faith. I know that believing blindly in faith without questioning is ignorance, but denying the need for faith in the species of man is also ignorance.

I guess that's why we have these boards though.

I find it easy to believe in both extraterrestrial life and God, and don't feel that these beliefs counter each other and any choice would have to be made on which is easier to believe in.

I don't know that any of the Old Testament sightings were in fact Alien creatures, more than I know that they weren't. I've experienced the 'spirit of God', and I've seen U.F.O.'s with my own 2 eyes, and I've never felt a need to reconcile them in myself. If we just keep seeking the truth there's hope that one day we'll find it, that's about the best I can hope for.

There's a lot of interesting info in this topic though.. the 47 plus pages got me to browsing a bit.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
logically, there are answers. but we don't have them, not the
1st single one of us;
we don't even really have a handle on the questions.

i opine:
if this short life is all there is to us
that's unexplainable.
i accept
and i guess believe
that there is an undefinable "more"
to it
because i semi-enjoy that belief.

i observe:
the unknowable gets some people
emotional.

i think:
that's fear.

jt

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominic77
... If me saying that God could come back as you or I, then how do you explain us being created in his own image?

Simple enough - god was created in our image as an act of anceint men anthropomorphising the seasons and the "non-fixed" celstial objects (sun, moon, mercury, venus, mars, saturn and jupiter) to make the world make sense to them. The rest of the story is mythology.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
God, an overly used word, is a symbol for somethng that is really indescribable.

A being that is everywhere and a being that is supported by everything, is what God or Oneness really is.

Aliens are involved just like humans and everything else, we all are and make up this manifestation of an indescribable being.

that's how I feel, at least for now!

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join