It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush administration got warnings about attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Bush administration knew Al Quada was planning an attack
They knew they were planning to use planes as weapons
They knew what target they were planning to strike against!

what did they do to prevent it?

This is the intelligence memo from August 6 2001 that Bush called a briefing for...

Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US

[As declassified (with redactions) by the White House on April 10, 2004.]

Clandestine, foreign government, and media reports indicate Bin Ladin since 1997 has wanted to conduct terrorist attacks in the US. Bin Ladin implied in US television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and "bring the fighting to America."

After US missile strikes on his base in Afghanistan in 1998, Bin Ladin told followers he wanted to retaliate in Washington, according to a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx service.

An Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ) operative told an xxxxxxxxxx service at the same time that Bin Ladin was planning to exploit the operative's access to the US to mount a terrorist strike.

The millennium plotting in Canada in 1999 may have been part of Bin Ladin's first serious attempt to implement a terrorist strike in the US. Convicted plotter Ahmed Ressam has told the FBI that he conceived the idea to attack Los Angeles International Airport himself, but that Bin Ladin lieutenant Abu Zubaydah encouraged him and helped facilitate the operation. Ressam also said that in 1998 Abu Zubaydah was planning his own US attack.

Ressam says Bin Ladin was aware of the Los Angeles operation.

Although Bin Ladin has not succeeded, his attacks against the US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 demonstrate that he prepares operations years in advance and is not deterred by setbacks. Bin Ladin associates surveilled our Embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam as early as 1993, and some members of the Nairobi cell planning the bombings were arrested and deported in 1997.

Al-Qa'ida members -- including some who are US citizens -- have resided in or traveled to the US for years, and the group apparently maintains a support structure that could aid attacks. Two al-Qa'ida members found guilty in the conspiracy to bomb our Embassies in East Africa were US citizens, and a senior EIJ member lived in California in the mid-1990s.

A clandestine source said in 1998 that a Bin Ladin cell in New York was recruiting Muslim-American youth for attacks.

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx service in 1998 saying that Bin Ladin wanted to hijack a US aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Shaykh" 'Umar 'Abd al-Rahman and other US-held extremists.
continued

— Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full-field investigations throughout the US that it considers Bin Ladin-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our Embassy in the UAE in May saying that a group of Bin Ladin supporters was in the US planning attacks with explosives.

www.subliminalnews.com...

[edit on 19-9-2009 by conar]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
John Farmer - Senior Council for the 911 Commission has just released a book explaining the many mistakes made by the Bush and Clinton administration.

It is quite a read if you are interested in the "Years, Months, Days, Hours, and Seconds" leading up to the attacks. The name of the book is "The Ground Truth." There is also a lot of information regarding NORAD and the FAA.

www.amazon.com...

Hope this helps.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by ImAPepper]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Tony Shaffer gave disclosure to the 9/11 commission regarding the existence of a pre 9/11 offensive counter-terrorism operation that had discovered several of the 9/11 terrorists a full year before 9/11
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

conar, I've flagged this because I believe it's the REAL conspiracy here. I've often stated that.

Bush himself??? NOT so sure he was aware. At least, not based on ANY of the eight years of his Presidency, nor the time of his campaign before....

My money is still on Cheney and others as the real "brains" behind letting it happen. The subsequent responses, the frittering away of World wide support in the years that followed, ALL of it shows a continued lack of good advisors for the President -- who I feel was in way over his head from the beginning. Even as Governor of Texas he was a dunce.

I know it's hard to believe, but that's where I'm tending.

THAT is why I bristle at the wasted efforts to "prove" a complex "inside job" orchestrated 'False Flag' perpetrated by groups within the U.S. Government --- when it looks a lot more as if elements of thay government sat idly by.

THAT should be the direction of focus.

DID those inside elements not act because of ineptitude, incompetence, arrogance.....OR out of an intentional malicious pre-meditated desire to ALLOW the terrorists to complete the attacks, to serve their private agendas???

Obviously, the former is bad, but the latter is CRIMINAL!

new topics

top topics

join