It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoia Baciu forest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I to enjoy their episodes, the revisit to the "Yeti search part 2" was extremely interesting. Once again they retrieved unexplainable scientific evidence to add their point's of expertise's.
After they had the hair samples of the supposed "Yeti Fur" it seems as if there is much more to our world by way of the so called "Folklore" and "Mythical" stories that are seemingly being answered by inquiring minds such as ourselves and group's such as the "Destination Truth" groups.
Thanks for posting, and if you find anything pertaining to this particular phenomenon, please post the info. here.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I still don't know what to make of this program. The entertainment value is very high, most episodes are interesting and sometimes just plain creepy. But what bothers me the most about this program is that they ALWAYS find something, but just nog enough to really prove their case... Just as it starts getting interesting and when you start to think: 'yes they're definitely on to something', the investigation stops and they go to home base... I don't know for you guys, but if I would ever encounter alien activity or if I would find a 'creepy haunted forest', I would make damn sure I'd return with some good solid evidence. Especially since the team of 'destination truth' is very well equiped to conduct such investigations. I'm still in doubt.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NightWish

To tell you the truth NightWish, I think that they were a bit concerned for the party member's. When they presented the evidences to the GH team, you can tell that Josh was still pretty shook up over the fact that one of his team members was physically assaulted.
But as you had said, I too would have like to see more research done in this particular incidence of activities in the Hoia Baciu Forest. There is something definitely going on there in them wood's!!

If I had the finances to do these kind of thing's, you could color me gone!! I would give it all the time in the world to bring the finality of evidence to the table.

Thanks for your opinion NightWish!!!

One more thing, there is a limited amount of information on this particular place, and most of it is in Romanian or Belgian. Can't translate it, but some very interesting account's are given that are in English though.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here are some videos from Youtube of the forest during the day time. Gives one some insight to the beauty of the area.
Just thought I would share them with you guy's that are interested..

PADUREA HOIA-BACIU,Cluj,Romania

padurea baciu (HOIA-BACIU)

[edit on 083131p://3474 by Allred5923]

[edit on 083131p://1874 by Allred5923]

[edit on 083131p://3774 by Allred5923]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The first videos I had posted were not very succesful, so let me try this again....

Part 1

www.youtube.com...

Part 2

www.youtube.com...

Part 3

www.youtube.com...

Part 4

www.youtube.com...

Part 5

www.youtube.com...

Hope this workied, having a hell of time using the "You Tube" video insert button. I am n longer as smart as I once thought I was !!LOL

[edit on 083131p://5974 by Allred5923]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hey, what a STRANGE coincidence . I just wanted to gather some information on Baciu forest and make a post! then iv seen this one. I will have to read the posts before i come with more information so i do not duplicate the contribution of other people! I am myself from Romania, i will try to translate some materials on the subject .

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Great to hear from an indigenous Romanian!! I have been hoping someone would come along and translate the vast documents and reports that are in the native tongue...

There were plenty of articles and footage, but I can't translate the language, and my primary spoken word is English with no other language to speak of!!LOL

SO, please do contribute, and for the re-contribution of information worries? If you have different opinion's or translations of the evidences given, please share them. There is always room for improving such discussions, especially when dealing with the other worldly explanations and the paranormal evidences brought to the table for litigation.

Welcome aboard Romanian, your company is deeply appreciated with this particular discussion, and thanks again for your contributing interest. I am sure it will reveal to be quite valuable for the language gap and insight of this particular place....

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

hi allred, the links go to obama vids.

is that what you want?

the DT vid was pretty scary, lol, that guy took off!

i dig this thread, thanks for starting it.
i've not heard of this forest before.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Thanks for the input of the video screw up on my behalf!! My minds been wondering off as of lately!! LOL

As for the original video, yes, it was quite startling. I seen the complete episode when it first came on the air. It took a bit to finally get to the destination they were to film at, and the interviews in between with the locals was fascinating as well.

I will get those bad YT vids off and get the correct ones on, and thanks again for catching that. Embedding videos on the ATS forums is not really one of my strong point's for conservation pieces.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I guess I need to wait to 2010 (with my research) , bit busy here for the day
Happy new year everyone!

Just wanted to say a few words - As a "big picture" , i remember reading a story where the military was involved, maybe i can translate the story into English. You have to know, the Romanian "Mountain Army" (i do not know how to translate it) is one of the elites wings of the army, yet in this story I remember that an entire "group" of soldiers were terrorised by a "creature" that appears to float above the ground , and was "immune" to the bullets used by the soldiers.

Another "known" thing about the forest, is something to do with photography - where people seem to "catch" fragments of images from the past or future. Let me explain - for example, pictures where only the head of some passing person shows up (while the eye sees nothing ), or a pair of legs walking and so on. I am not sure if this is pop mythology or reality , to be comfirmed

And the last thing i know , of course the famous time flow issues. I remember again about a case where a monk went to pray inside a cave , he went in during a nice autumn day , prayed for a few hours then when he went out he discovered it was.. spring! His mates (monks) knew about his prayer site, they went to search for the guy but they did not find anything . Another similar story - about a girl that was lost in that area, and she was found 5 years later, however she only claimed she was lost for a few hours.

Eh, i need some hard proof for all this, so in the next month i hope to investigate the claims, translate documents and why not , talk to local people. Iv got a few internet-friends in Cluj , so i hope to get support on this

Have a good 2010 everyone!!

Stefan

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Eh, i need some hard proof for all this, so in the next month i hope to investigate the claims, translate documents and why not , talk to local people. Iv got a few Internet-friends in Cluj , so i hope to get support on this.

Totally understandable, and like I had mentioned before "I am unable to translate Romanian" anyways.

as for the stories you touched base on, I had heard of them, the story of the little girl missing for 5 yrs was one I had heard of and was fascinate with by it's details and apparent documentation of the alleged incident.

Looking forward to hearing and reading the thing's you can translate and post. It will be very beneficial for furthering the investigations of these claims and reports.

If you could get validation report's in Romanian from the proper news sources would be very beneficial and something I am eager for reading myself.

Thanks again Stephan, nice to have you aboard, thing's will start coming to light as we now have a translator for these issue's!!

Happy New Years to you as well....

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I also saw this episode when it first aired on SyFy (thats what it is now...right?) and was pretty amazed. I figured all the cool stuff like "haunted forests that we dont know about" had already been found.

ANYWAYS...

This is my first post (ever) on ats...and figured this might help

autumnforestghosthunter.blogspot.com...

Interesting about the possibility of people actually having copper toxicity.

Maybe that explains vomiting, feelings of nausea?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Very interesting post, and beside the Yeti episodes this was my favorite, I don't know what was stranger the roof of the airplane flying off or the guy flying up in the air, maybe it was a sign for them not to go with the airplane roof. I think Josh is Geniune and straight forward, I hope to see more of ya'll's research.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
When "paranormal investigators" only turn on their cameras at night you must ask yourselves. What is it that they do not want me to see? Paranormal activity is not exclusively nocturnal. It also happens in the daytime. I do not doubt this place has activity, only the motives of some "paranormal investigators" who are supposedly "investigating". Perhaps some of them should be called "actors" instead of "investigators".

RE: The roof flying off of the airplane. That model of ariplane has a removeable roof secured with clamps similar to some models of SUV's. Perhaps the host of the show paid the operator not to secure them so they could have added drama on the episode.

RE: The "investigator" who is attacked in the circle. How come we only see footage from a remote camera? This "investigator" has a local camera trained on him while he sits there, yet we do not see any footage from that camera of the "attack". Gee I wonder why that is?

Remember when you film at night your audience will only see what you train your lights on. Had this been filmed in the daytime, would they have been able to pull this scene off?

[edit on 1-21-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Fascinating thread! I hope our Romanian friend is able to come up with more information. I shall be watching this thread for more posts.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this

Up until now I had never heard of this place, and some of the events recorded there are quite intriguing. It certainly warrants more attention

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think Destination Truth is more about staging dramatic television than doing actual paranormal investigation. Especially with all the night shots. I somehow have the feeling that it would not be nearly as dramatic if we could actually see what is going on. You know like if they shot in the daytime.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
First GH isn't a good source, they've been busted faking evidence. They are inclined to support DT because it's on their network. I like DT especially their cryptozoology work but I've got a problem or 5 with this episode.

They mentioned how vast the forest was and how remote it was. It's betweeen 1 and 2 sq miles and it's less than a mile away from the 4th largest city in Romania.

The lights were discredited even by Ghost Hunters who have a habit of faking evidence.

The claw marks. Special effects? Without continuous camera shots its impossible to prove or disprove.

The voices? The wind. Locals screwing with them. But the wind was howling in that clearing.

And finally the guy getting snatched away. They obviously had a continuous camera shot, so why not show it? Why cut and chop? If it wasn't faked it's easily explained by a microburst.

What gives DT credibility is they never find what they are looking for. But it is a DOCUDRAMA. They need ratings. Never finding anything isn't good for ratings.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join