It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Central Limit Theorem prove a Creator/Deity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Does the Central Limit Theorem prove a Creator/Deity?

Math proves Jesus Christ is the CREATOR! “For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” –Apostle Paul

Well, that may be a bit of hyperbole…

Well here goes…

Assumption #1: Levy's 9th law states: “Only God can make a random selection.”

Assumption #2: Have you ever heard of the “Central Limit Theorem?” - The means (X) of random samples taken from ANY distribution (mean μ and variance σ2) will exhibit an approximately normal distribution (mean μ and variance σ2/n)

In less mathematical terms, it is any of a set of weak-convergence theories. They all express the fact that a sum of many independent random variables will tend to be distributed according to one of a small set of stable distributions

Could Cicero have been right when he said, “Probability is the very guide of life.” And maybe eternity?

Also I wonder is there any connection between "theorem" and words like "theology" or "theist"?

Maybe Max Born was right? He said, “The conception of chance enters into the very first steps of scientific activity in virtue of the fact that no observation is absolutely correct. I think chance is a more fundamental conception than causality; for whether in a concrete case, a cause-effect relation holds or not can only be judged by applying the laws of chance to the observation.”

So what’s up with the CLT, huh? This is why we can predict elections, with great accuracy…way ahead of time.

Question? If randomly distributed samples, “approximate” the make-up of the population, then does the “designed” prove a “designer”?????

Any pro-God or anti-God statisticians out there? Thots?

OT

PS: Oh, btw "An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first one orders a beer. The second orders half a beer. The third, a quarter of a beer. The bartender says "You're all idiots", and pours two beers."

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Also, are there DNA CODE-ING implications here?

Is this evidence of the Central Limit Theorem?

See: www.everystudent.com...

All instruction, all teaching, all training comes with intent. Someone who writes an instruction manual does so with purpose. Did you know that in every cell of our bodies there exists a very detailed instruction code, much like a miniature computer program? As you may know, a computer program is made up of ones and zeros, like this: 110010101011000. The way they are arranged tell the computer program what to do. The DNA code in each of our cells is very similar. It's made up of four chemicals that scientists abbreviate as A, T, G, and C. These are arranged in the human cell like this: CGTGTGACTCGCTCCTGAT and so on. There are three billions of these letters in every human cell!!

Well, just like you can program your phone to beep for specific reasons, DNA instructs the cell. DNA is a three-billion-lettered program telling the cell to act in a certain way. It is a full instruction manual.14

Why is this so amazing? One has to ask....how did this information program wind up in each human cell? These are not just chemicals. These are chemicals that instruct, that code in a very detailed way exactly how the person's body should develop.

Natural, biological causes are completely lacking as an explanation when programmed information is involved. You cannot find instruction, precise information like this, without someone intentionally constructing it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
double post....

OT

[edit on 8-9-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Threads are a funny thing...

Some are responded to and some aren't, it looks like this is a dead one only after one day...

Oh well, back to the drawing board, any thoughts guys on the OP?

OT

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Your explanation concerning DNA and the billions of A,T, C, G, chemical instructors in every cell is proof of a creator/designer with purpose. I'm surpised the usual pro-evolutionists have not come out of the woodwork.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

John, you are right....

Thx for being the first to post...

Maybe I just had bad timing with the posting of this thread...

Maybe you can kick start it, I hope!

OT

The DNA design is good evidence I agree...

Had you heard of the Central Limit Theorem?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

I have not heart of it before. I don't really understand what you wrote about it....perhaps I'm too tired right now...LOL.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We were in a thread the other day, last week I think where the OP challenged anyone to provide scientifically substantial proof of the Creator. Wish you were there with this, surely this would have been plenty of proof.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

I have not heart of it before. I don't really understand what you wrote about it....perhaps I'm too tired right now...LOL.

it proposes that ANY data, sampled randomly, and stratified...will (mostly) EQUAL the true data if EVERYONE or EVERYTHING was surveyed...

so if there is SEEN DESIGN (in anything) it approximates there was an ORIGINAL DESIGNER...

OT

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
We were in a thread the other day, last week I think where the OP challenged anyone to provide scientifically substantial proof of the Creator. Wish you were there with this, surely this would have been plenty of proof.

Thx, i was I could have been there....

Provide the link...or go back there and give them the CTL link, and bring um over....

OT

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

it proposes that ANY data, sampled randomly, and stratified...will (mostly) EQUAL the true data if EVERYONE or EVERYTHING was surveyed...

so if there is SEEN DESIGN (in anything) it approximates there was an ORIGINAL DESIGNER...

OT

Ok, I understand. There is proof everywhere of a common designer, and it's definately not evolution..LOL

Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

OT

Ok, I understand. There is proof everywhere of a common designer, and it's definately not evolution..LOL

Keep up the good work.

More...

Here: www.statisticalengineering.com...

The CLT is responsible for this remarkable result:

The distribution of an average tends to be Normal, even when the distribution from which the average is computed is decidedly non-Normal.

Thus, the Central Limit theorem is the foundation for many statistical procedures, including Quality Control Charts, because the distribution of the phenomenon under study does not have to be Normal because its average will be. (see statistical fine print)

Furthermore, this normal distribution will have the same mean as the parent distribution, AND, variance equal to the variance of the parent divided by the sample size.

Here's an example:
The uniform distribution on the left is obviously non-Normal. Call that the parent distribution.

See the animated page...

OT

[edit on 9-9-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i believe there has to be a god if not how did everything in the universe come to be, even with that big bang nothing to something sounds a bit absurd.

but then again...how did God exist in the first place?!##?!@$?!@$?!@?@$@!?$@!?$!@$?

so confusing dont u think?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
i believe there has to be a god if not how did everything in the universe come to be, even with that big bang nothing to something sounds a bit absurd.

but then again...how did God exist in the first place?!##?!@$?!@$?!@?@$@!?$@!?$!@$?

so confusing dont u think?

Confusing, for sure....

Remember...

In the same way, God is far more complex than we are, and we cannot understand him fully. If we read the book of the Isaiah in the Bible, we find these words in chapter 55, verses 8 and 9, spoken through Isaiah, who was a prophet:

"My thoughts are completely different from yours," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

This means that we can only glimpse a portion of what God is doing in our lives and in the lives of others. There is an inevitable gap in understanding.

However, God provides a means to bridge that gap in two ways:

He has given us the Bible, which we sometimes refer to as "the word of God". We believe that the books of the bible have been given to mankind as a sort of Handbook or Manual. It contains answers to many questions, and the beginnings of many understandings. And the Bible stands on the assumption that God speaks and people can hear him. And some special people were chosen to write down what God has revealed. And some people can hear God today, and they reveal what God chooses to reveal through them.

Just as the Bible was written in the light of the understanding given by the Holy Spirit, so we need to read it in the same light. And that requires faith. If you will believe and trust in Jesus Christ, then pray and ask God to reveal the meaning of the "scriptures" (that is, the writings in the Bible) through the understanding of his Holy Spirit.

These revelations through the scriptures eventually become part of us, and help to change us into the sort of person that God wants us to become, deep down inside where it counts. And only God can do this

link: www.ethoughts.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Guys, I am going to dinner....

I'll be back in an hour...

OT's really looking for some stat guys to comment here...

This is an original idea, I believe...and I know we can finetune it...because ATS has the world's smartest posters, I know!!!

OT

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I've been told that if all the DNA from all the cells in your body were linked together in one long string it would reach the moon....LOL.
That's a whole lot of A's, T's, G's, and C's....lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I've been told that if all the DNA from all the cells in your body were linked together in one long string it would reach the moon....LOL.
That's a whole lot of A's, T's, G's, and C's....lol.

And there are those that believe this wasn't orchestrated

OT

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Your explanation concerning DNA and the billions of A,T, C, G, chemical instructors in every cell is proof of a creator/designer with purpose. I'm surpised the usual pro-evolutionists have not come out of the woodwork.

NO it doesn't prove anything, wake up.

Math proves Jesus Christ is the CREATOR! “For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” –Apostle

No it does not prove that , because "people" invented math just like people invented jesus christ otherwise there is no link between the two.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
......No it does not prove that , because "people" invented math just like people invented jesus christ otherwise there is no link between the two.

Hi Gixxer, OT's glad you joined!

Please expand your thoughts on how we "invented" math...

OT

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

If one looks around in our present-day society, math is a dominant component in physics and engineering, and has penetrated a number of other fields of including sociology, psychology, medicine, and linguistics. This begs the question: “How did mathematics come about?” Whereas geometry was developed as a means of defining the laws governing space, was mathematics something developed by humans as a mean of explaining some phenomena in the universe? Or is mathematics something that has always been there, waiting to be discovered by humans (or by some other civilized race/species)? What do we really know about mathematics, and how?

There are two basic creeds when discussing the fundamentals of mathematics: Platonism and formalism.

Let’s put these against the proverbial question: if a tree falls in the forest and nobody sees or hears it fall, did it make a noise?

Platonism says “yes, it did make a noise.”

According to Platonism, the reality of mathematical objects is independent of our knowledge of them. Math is not some abstract science, but an absolute reality of the universe. Every mathematical object is definite, with a definite purpose – some known, many unknown. While some do not exist within the space of physical existence, they were neither created, nor will they disappear. Math is simply “out there,” floating around, regardless of what we as a human race say about it. In short, according to the creed of Platonism, mathematicians are empirical scientists [like a geologist] – they cannot invent anything, only discover things that are already there. A couple of prominent names associated with Platonism are Rene Thom and Kurt Godel.

Gixxer, see the BOLD above....

Link: www.bluwinterashes.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join