It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Summit Pittsburgh Update

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

G20 Summit Pittsburgh
Massive police mobilization prepared for G20 summit in Pittsburgh
www.wsws.org...

1000 PA State Police to Pittsburgh for G-20 (8/26/09)
www.policelink.com... te-police-to-pittsburgh-for-g-20

2,000 from National Guard could bolster G-20 Security
www.pittsburgpost.com...

[edit on 7-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Ah, but what I woudn't give to be giving the G20 the finger on
my 50th birthday! (9/24) But I'm too old and fragile to get anywhere
near the action. I would expect the various police agencies to be
under the direction of the USSSUD (United States Secret Service
Uniformed Division). That video has some wise words for those
planning on going.

Don't forget the pre-emptive arrests they made at the
Republican National Convention in Minneapolis. they will be
doing the same but perhaps on a grander scale.

Even if you're non-violent don't expect the events around you
to conform to your wishes. Many innocent people get swept
up in larger events, arrested and even injured while guilty of
nothing except to be there.

I do have a mind to get up on Mt washington across the river
and watch what goes on. Telescope. Lawn chairs, cooler, smokes,
check! Keep em coming warren, thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hmmm...this is getting serious. Those of you lucky enough to attend be mindful. It seems to me that we are having an effect . The leaders are scared , why else would they need 1000 state police and 2000 national guard?

I wonder how many protesters will be excersing their 2nd amendment rights at the G20 ?

keep us posted big guy. star for you

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What are the predicted numbers for the protests this year?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
im ignorant, what is g20? and i would like to know what will be said. oh and by the way , allimijad might be there. it was rumored he will be here in the usa, so i would immagine he will be there.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I live in PA, if I lived closer to Pittsburgh, and I owned a gun, I would exercise my open carry rights.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by pudgeego

You say you don't know what the G20 is, then you go on to say Mahmoud Ahmajinedad, is rumoured to be there. IMO I highly doubt he will be there.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

What are the predicted numbers for the protests this year?

i think i saw about 35.000 somewhere not sure so thats 1 on 10 give or take.

this could be real ugly indeed,considering people ARE waking up.

i bet the whole place will be blacked out somehow no communication possible.

i suggest we do the same to them

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gmurray86

www.youtube.com...
all these people come together, id like to hear what is said. i would also like to give them my oppinion on thier idea of world finances and that would be that america is like a brand new garbage can and at the bottom of the can it is rusty. and one day you take out the trash and all the stuff falls out the bottom. then id say, to those people, so who do you thinks picks up the trash? why, we the people thats who. we always have. always will.
oh, by the way why wouldent allimijad be there. is he not a leader like obama? why cannot he come? is it onlly special people go to these meetings?

[edit on 10-9-2009 by pudgeego]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I live about a 5 min walk from downtown on Pittsburgh's North Shore. I'm off work the days of the summit and plan on walking down there to check things out. I don't really know what to expect. Hopefully I can get some nice pics and vids that I can share with you all.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Activists get go-ahead to erect 'tent city' for G-20 protest
www.firstamendmentcenter.org...

Well looks like the tent city is a go. They are still saying no to some protest request. I say protest anyways....its a right.

Is this thread going to be active that day, I like others can't go and want to be updated.

Is there anything we can do if we can't go ?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
the G-20 could be this generations Woodstock......sans music

rock on

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenj65742
I live about a 5 min walk from downtown on Pittsburgh's North Shore. I'm off work the days of the summit and plan on walking down there to check things out. I don't really know what to expect. Hopefully I can get some nice pics and vids that I can share with you all.

That would be much appreciated. Try to get some video, but be careful along the way.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the update warrenb, I'll be there in spirit, but in body I'm gonna be around 4000 miles away.... Oh, and a few borders...

I am stoked, and hope People show these Elites bastards who is the boss!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

simple read with good ideas about how to protect Yourselves from tazer's; basically tin foal.

S&F

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I would allow protesters to crash in my apt. I live 5 min walk froim dt Pittsburgh.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

AFP report

Anti-globalisation activists, pacifists, anarchists and do-gooders of myriad stripes are preparing for the G20 summit in Pittsburgh, when they will stage protests, parties and events to make the world's leaders -- and media -- take note.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Pittsburgh looks like a war zone right now, a lot of the business buildings are boarded up and so on.

I know it's important for people to go out and stand for their rights but please remember not everyone maybe be as level headed as yourself so please everyone be alert, cautious and careful if you are going to be there.

And for those of you who may have a not so friendly violent agenda look at the people standing next to you and around you, they are all innocents and have mothers,fathers, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, and children don't let the innocents be harmed by the need to get a point across, it's simply not worth it as much some may think it is and will do nothing but go against everything you're fighting for and prove TPTB right, and give them more power.

Keep cameras available document any un needed police violence or bullying as well.

Everyone stay safe.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What is the objective of the people that are protesting at the G20? We all know those leaders don't give a hoot what you think.

We just had over a million march on washington protesting the Health Care bill....and what happened...??... Obama goes on TV and pushes harder for it.

I feel if you go to the G20, be perpared to fight, why else would one go?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Protests are beginning. Greenpeace has suspended a gigantic banner over the side of the West End Bridge in downtown Pittsburgh.

Greenpeace sign, activists, hang from West End Bridge Read more: www.post-gazette.com...

other indy media G20 info: indypgh.org...

The other big story involves "Seeds for Peace" which is a group that travels by bus to feed protesters. They have said that Police have been harassing them since they arrived. There is a video on the indy media site (sorry, unable to link from work) that details what has gone on so far with that. Seeds for Peace sued the city in federal court and lost.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pudgeego

The end of the world happens after the G20, hope that helps.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join