It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNLIMITED cash advance, no fees, plus points, from the US MINT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The US Mint is selling the new $1 coins at face value, free shipping.

www.usmint.gov...$1coin/
These people have a little of that Obama type genius in them.

You can get $500 of each Presidential coin sent to you for $500.
You can get UNLIMITED Native American coins with free shipping!

Charge your credit card, get $500 mailed to you, no cash advance fee, plus you get the points for using your card. Deposit those stupid heavy as hell coins at your bank. Pay it off and do it again. Charge $20,000 worth of Native American $1 Coins. Go crazy.

I suppose one could run this deal multiple times until your local banker gets absolutely sick of taking these coins as your deposit. But you know what... they WANT YOU TO USE THEM so go ahead and stick it up their bank vaults.

The bank clerks and mailmen are going to love this brilliant Government program.

The link won't post correctly because of the $ sign. Brilliant!

www DOT usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/?action=directShip

[edit on 4-9-2009 by THX-1138]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ohhhhhh! This is not only good for points, but I'm reading on other forums about people that are doing this with 2% Cash Back cards!

I know. I know. It is corny and time consuming, but hey, if YOU are the type that needs an extra $10 at the end of year then go for it.

The whole thing is making me laugh.
It is the kookiest thing since the Susan B. Anthony dollar.

In fact, EVERYBODY should max out this offer and make the mailman, the bank people, and the Federal Reserve coin vault manager mad as hell.

That would teach them to monkey with the money.
Stupid dollar coin monkey!!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Shouldn't this be a red flag?

It would seem that they are getting these coins out at face value because shortly it will be worth more than a $1 bill. Meaning the $1 bill will be worth less than $1.

At least thats how I'm reading this.

But who knows, they've had this coin plan to re-introduce dollar coins back into circulation for a while now.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm cracking up!!!!
YOU MUST GO READ this post... www.fatwallet.com...

Somebody had a $10,000 charge flagged as suspicious by their credit card company.

That local banker is going to make trouser chili when that person brings in 10,000 dollar coins for deposit.
Since it IS happening under Obama's Presidency we can make fun of this forever. Forever!

Another poster over there said they are doing this on their 5% cash back Citi Card.
Amazing.

This is better than Government Health Carp.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
ROTFL insanity!

Dude, the dollar coins only have a nickel worth of base metal in them. They aren't made of gold! They are just gold colored.

Party on!!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
yeah ok, buy a bunch of coins then give the new legal tender right back to teh friggin bank for a measley 50 bucks.

dumb dumb dumb dumb duuuuuumb

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moodle
yeah ok, buy a bunch of coins then give the new legal tender right back to teh friggin bank for a measley 50 bucks.

dumb dumb dumb dumb duuuuuumb

It is not dumb.
It is a LOUD voice, sir.
You can also wear your Obama Joker t-shirt into the bank.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So let me see if I get this right, you are actually advocating using credit to buy these coins with the purpose of using them as cash.

Does it even matter to you that over extended consumer credit is a part of the problem we have in this current economic crisis?

Do you realize that the banks charge almost 25% interest on most credit balances these days?

And some of us actually wonder why we are in this mess, I can see clearly now, it's because of people who have the same mind set as the OP.

Can't use the ATM in the kitchen? Use the Credit Card & US Mint, just keep pulling forward future earnings by using credit, never mind thinking about when it will be time to pay the piper.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
No.
You pay $500 for $500.
You deposit $500.
You collect a tiny bit of interest.
When you get the CC bill, you pay the CC bill and do it again.
You keep any points or cash back at the end of the year.

It is a statement about the $1 coin which is heavy and goofy.

You don't have to participate if you don't have the free time or the sense of humor or the desire to tell the Mint that the $1 coin is goofy.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Your local bank is going to hate the $1 coin as it fills up their vault and they have to ultimately pass it on to the closest Federal Reserve Bank where it will sit in their vault until they are sick of it.

The $1 coin is not wanted by anybody except the goofballs at the Mint.

Don't try giving it to strippers.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
While I see the humor in making a small profit from the government, think of this...if these US Mint coins sell well, then perhaps the US Treasury can tell the Federal Reserve to choke on their notes that we (the taxpayers) pay interest on to use them.

Better to pay yourself as opposed to the Federal Reserve.

Oh and one small point to consider...credit cards do not pay the point of sale merchant the full amount charged. It was at one time $.25 or %17 of the purchase (which ever was higher). So the 5% cash back programs were just passing the discount on to the card holder in the form of you making an interest free loan to the card issuer. Pretty much like the one year loan many people make to the Federal Government and collect in the form of a "Refund Check" from the IRS, issued by the US Treasury.

Either way the whole thing is a complete scam if you consider the number of banks (card issuers) that our dear old government gave a $30000 (if broken down to the individual) bulk payment to recently.

No such thing as free money, unless of course you are the Federal Reserve.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
More money for the people who already have money?

*sigh*

Anyoner who could really benefit from the 10-50 dollars a month or whatever doing this, aren't gonna have the proper available credit, and most likely not one with a % cash back offer to be able to do it.

Also seems like a lot of work (those coins have gotta be heavy) but it is funny that it is basically an open invitation to game the system

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
thats just dandy aint it

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i knew a guy in the army that would go write a check and then brag to me how he took the money out of the atm 5 min after writing the check so that he got twice as much.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If we could stack up enough heavy dollar coins on this side of the planet.....

...we could weeble wobble into a whole new orbit.

top topics

join