It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA buries report negating climate crisis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just on Fox, yes I know. . . Fox, a report has surfaced that a 98 page document showing that global CO2 concentrations have actually decreased negating the sweeping changes that Obama and co. want to enact with the cap in trade bill currently going to the senate.
Remember folks, this is the bill that barely passed the house (with the help of republicans) that would create higher taxes and increases in utility payments, higher food costs, higher costs all around.

Will post the link about the story AND report when I can find it.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
EPA officials buried the report stating that there was nothing in the report that would enhance or support the presidents agenda on the current bill.

-sigh-

I hope this is becoming obvious to even the most rabid Obama supporters now.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here's the actual report, a pdf file

cei.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
And your surprised by the fact that the EPA would burry a report that may have shot down a bill by Obama? A bill that besides crippling the US economy will also give the EPA sweeping new powers, $$$ and more people to add to it's empire.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
on page 88 are the conclusions that must be read if you are interested in the LEAST by the bull# that the government is slopping out.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

I'm not surprised so much as I am shocked that the report surfaced. And the data the report contains is devistating (to say the least) to the whole agenda

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I posted a thread on this 4 days ago, so I'm not sure how breaking this is, but it certianly needs all of the attention it can get.

Existing thread
EPA's own research expert 'shut up' on climate change

-E-

[edit on 29-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Thanks for the info, sorry I missed that. This is the first I've heard about it. Am still looking for more support information, would love to see them try to talk their way out of this one!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

No problem Mikerussellus, I hope everyone sees this thread, it is very important, but unfortunatly we are too late. The bill passed and the majority of America was none the wiser. I don't think any relevent news has been reported since the passing of Michael Jackson.

S&F for being one of the few trying to get this info out to the public
-E-

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Not so much doom and gloom yet!

More info (sorry if it's a repeat)

news.cnet.com...

This bill has to go through the senate still. This is going to be a huge upset. Call your senate representative today!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The EPA official, Al McGartland, said in an e-mail message (PDF) to a staff researcher on March 17: "The administrator and the administration has decided to move forward...and your comments do not help the legal or policy case for this decision."

Just one snippet from the above article.

God! I love this stuff!

Never thought the TRUTH would feel so dang good!

Another cut. . .
Alan Carlin, the primary author of the 98-page EPA report, said in a telephone interview on Friday that his boss, McGartland, was being pressured himself. "It was his view that he either lost his job or he got me working on something else," Carlin said. "That was obviously coming from higher levels."

And another. . .
The EPA's possible suppression of Carlin's report, which lists the EPA's John Davidson as a co-author, could endanger any carbon dioxide regulations if they are eventually challenged in court.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'vejust emailed Cathy Milbourn ( [email protected] ) for more information concerning this report. Will let you know if there is anything to come of it.

She is the point of contact with the EPA in terms of 'climate change'.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here is a copy of my email to Cathy Milbourn

. . . Would request more information concerning Mr. Carlin's report (findings) concerning the discrepancies between findings and possible burial of said report.

I have read the pdf file (found online) and while my profession is in the field of neurobiology would like more information concerning the actions taken by your organization.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Mike Russell

Will post a reply (if any)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this!!!!! The truth needs to be let out.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

This just goes to the rampant agenda that this administration has. To hell with transparency, to hell with hope and change, lets just strangle the truth and get as much power as we can, WHILE we can.

Crooks.
The whole damn lot of them!

Gotta give cudos to the 44 dems that voted against this and show just what side the republicans really ARE on.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And no one has read the bill! Hello!?!?!

Beware, Obama has months to fine tune some of this, just enough to hold up as examples when questioned, as well as strong arm dissenting Democrats before this hits the Senate. More shenanigans are in store.

Enjoy your summer vacation everybody!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Remember, Those 7 "Repulicans" are RINO's. Republican in name only, and I have a feeling we are going to get rid of them next election.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I've been following this story since it first broke. It's evolution is of passing interest, so I'll offer it up.

The story first appeared in a press release from these guys - Competitive Enterprise Institute

They're one of those "think tanks" the warmists are always telling you not to listen to. In fact warmists like to link to sites like Sourcewatch and Desmog blog to bash these guys, so I'll admit right off there is critique. There is also critique of the warmist bash sites just mentioned, for what's that's worth.

The global warming skeptic sites picked up the story first, but at that early time they were hesitant to accept it fully as credible. CEI made allegations, but facts were not really verified at that point.

I first read about it here...

Wattsupwiththat.com

If you scroll down their list of articles you can watch the story develop from June 24. They began to call the story "Carbongate".

In the comments section of that blog a journalist got interested in the story. This guy...

Thomas Fuller

He's this liberal bent journalist who although not completely sold on global warming skepticism believes both sides of the question should have a voice.

If you read his following of the story you'll see he was at first skeptic of the CEI's telling of it. Watt'supwiththat connected him with an EPA behind-the-scenes whistle blower. After talking with him, and investigating other details of the case he became sold on its veracity.

In the meantime, and in the background Pelosi, Obama, and Waxman were applying pressure to rush the Cap and Trade bill through the senate. The story had not yet hit the mainstream media, even though Fuller had already done the investigative legwork, and verified it as factual. What happened was the "Michael Jackson Dies" story broke, and it pushed everything else out of the spotlight.

The MSM is waking up from it's Michael Jackson hangover now, and it's dredging up the stuff it missed.

You can watch the mainstream media slowly wake up if you scoll down the left column of this one.

ClimateDepot.com

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Ntity]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by bakednutz

Gotta give cudos to the 44 dems that voted against this and show just what side the republicans really ARE on.

How do you figure this "shows what side the Republicans are on"? If anything this is absolute proof that the Dems are the ones pushing this crap and the Repub's tried to stop it. So 200+ dems voted for this and like 95% of Republicans voted against it. This just shows what side the Dems are on. Unless you believe all those Republicans were told to vote against it and the 8 that did were given the go ahead? And those 8 somehow represent the Majority of the Republican party? Not the minority? Maybe I am just misunderstanding what you mean , how do you figure this?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
EPA officials buried the report stating that there was nothing in the report that would enhance or support the presidents agenda on the current bill.

-sigh-

I hope this is becoming obvious to even the most rabid Obama supporters now.

Listen this is not a party issue man...This is a government issue...DON'T you see that...? This has nothing to do with any party cause they are the same across the board stop making this about he would or they would or this president wouldn't have or that party would have...This is YOUR government enslaving you...Come on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join