It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong radio signal at 1420 MHZR eminating from a location off of the planet!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You can slow down the .wav file with "Sound Recorder" that comes with all windows operating systems.. You can also reverse it and speed it up etc..

Start-Programs-Accessories-Entertainment-sound recorder..

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
this is funny , its an 8bit recording of the audio file

if you slow this down and hear things then its just that - your hearing things , prob digital artifacts

there is no way on this earth an 8 bit recording when slowed down more than a couple of octaves (quarter speed) will produce anything other than bass sounds or digital noise so those people hearing high pitched voices or pings etc are hearing what they want to hear

i tested it , put it in my sampler and timestreched it , analysed the waveform , ran it thru wavelab to see if any weird shaped soundwaves apeared etc and nothing.

(IF) the original waveform was an analog radio wave then the person should have recorded it signal with a hell of a lot more frequency/dynamic range than 8bit , run your hi res photos in 8bit and see what it does to it - pretty useless

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

as you can see by the graphs - there isnt enough high frequency waves to create anything other than digital artifacts when slowed down to substantial levels where you stretch the couple of second audio clip out for over 10 seconds - sorry

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by acidhead]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
check this out www.bvalphaserver.com...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
[edit on 20-10-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
my bad,read to fast."Perseus"... ..Pegasi look the same at the end of a 10 hr day ....sorry

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
are you sayin then that the guy recording this signal or something is using a mac or something thats distorteing the radio wave. Or teh entire radio wave theory is debunked?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
hey guys,
"Perseus" never wrote back. Read into that what you will. I encourage others to try. I forgot what his address was, but I know it was contained in several of the initial links.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Why has there been no analysis of this yet? Seti isnt saying a thing are they??? wtf?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
THanks antipigopolist that makes sense to me now. Im still being hopefull your wrong lol
But yea u got my WATS vote for this month. LOL a mod show applaud him!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Art Bell is talking about this right now on his show. Looks like ATS beat everyone to the punch again.....

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Why has there been no analysis of this yet? Seti isnt saying a thing are they??? wtf?

Hi pd!

Well, it could be that there's *nothing* for SETI to analyse, of course?

As others have said, despite attempts to find the source of the signal which can be verified, these efforts appear to have been in vain (I stand to be corrected but my own searches all go back to "Perseus's" original claim. Whilst I'm not denying he (??) recorded *something*, the original email was quite deficient in information - when it was recorded, with what equipment, where in the sky the source was supposed to be, etc? Therefore, it *might* be that the source of the signal was "local" to him (?) and, therefore, one that didn't emanate from "outer space" at all.

I'd be very interested in feedback on Art Bells programme, however, as we don't get this in UK. Anybody have any updates please??

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya

I'd be very interested in feedback on Art Bells programme, however, as we don't get this in UK. Anybody have any updates please??

Go to: Coast to Coast AM

He offers a live audio stream for people....good for those outside of North America, but there is a subscription fee.

EDIT: There does not seem to be any mention of it on the website. IMO, he did not seem to be overly convinced. Basically, a "wait and see" attitude.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Who's Art Belle? Link to a possible website??

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
lol! Should have read the post better... sry dismiss wat i just posted... LOL!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join