It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crops under stress as temperatures fall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Phew all this WARMING is causing COOLING and affecting crops all over with FREEZING, an COLD temperatures...

Crops under stress as temperatures fall
Our politicians haven't noticed that the problem may be that the world is not warming but cooling, observes Christopher Booker.

By Christopher Booker
Published: 6:04PM BST 13 Jun 2009

For the second time in little over a year, it looks as though the world may be heading for a serious food crisis, thanks to our old friend "climate change". In many parts of the world recently the weather has not been too brilliant for farmers. After a fearsomely cold winter, June brought heavy snowfall across large parts of western Canada and the northern states of the American Midwest. In Manitoba last week, it was -4ºC. North Dakota had its first June snow for 60 years.

There was midsummer snow not just in Norway and the Cairngorms, but even in Saudi Arabia. At least in the southern hemisphere it is winter, but snowfalls in New Zealand and Australia have been abnormal. There have been frosts in Brazil, elsewhere in South America they have had prolonged droughts, while in China they have had to cope with abnormal rain and freak hailstorms, which in one province killed 20 people.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Where is Al Gore and the rest of the Global Warming advocates when you need them to defend Earth from all this WARMING being caused by anthropogenic CO2?....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Something is definatly not right- my overnight lows are in the 40's, leaves are falling and the Sun doesnt look right.

My flowers made a brief appearance and died an untimely death. :shk:

Where is Al when you need him?!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Worry not DG, with the new administration, and President Obama at the helm, they will push for more taxes on Americans to "save the planet from all this WARMING' meanwhile more cold temperatures continue happening accross the whole planet.

With the Obama youths being indoctrinated into "enforcing environmental laws which the Corporation can dictate" we will find ourselves in another dictatorial system based in nothing more than lies to control an entire population.

They are winning in all fronts, and Americans in the Left, who don't want to admit what is really happening, don't realize that what will happen to Americans in the Right, is going to happen to them too.

These new Carbon taxes on Americans that President Obama, and his administration want to pass into laws, as well as more laws restricting Americans just for the sake of controlling us will affect every American.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I'm 100% in agreement with you. I hate to see whats next.

Theres an old saying " Salimos de Guatemala para meternos en Guatapeor"

:shk:

As an American, i am very very upset. But now i'm derailing.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe
Would you mind explaining what you mean by the sun not looking right?

Thanks, just curious!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

To me, it looks like a dimmer fall Sun or even a Winter Sun, when you get that glare....
I cant really put my finger on it especially since we havent had much sun here, but when we have had the couple of sunny days, i've felt strange.

I dont know if i can explain it any better.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe
I know what you mean, the way the sun looks through our atmosphere during certain times of the year...

It does seem a bit colder than usual here too. Could be just me but I think it's darker earlier than should be.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Im in the south east and we have had an unusual amount of rain here. Some farmers could not even get there crops out because of the rain. In our garden we had a few things rot due to excesive rain. The tempeture has been mild thus far this year but it is early, it could still get very warm but so far a little cooler than normal.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

YES! I just realized that darkness comes earlier than any previous year, and i've lived many.
I wish we had a scientific explanation for it all.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

YES! I just realized that darkness comes earlier than any previous year, and i've lived many.
I wish we had a scientific explanation for it all.

It's funny...I was saying the same thing to my husband tonight...that it's getting dark much earlier than it should be. I know we had an overcast day today, but still, by 7 p.m. I shut our blinds because I couldn't see the bird feeder right outside our window. At this time of year, that shouldn't happen until around 9 p.m.

I checked online to see when the sun is supposed to set where I live, and it says around 9 p.m. Maybe it was just because it was cloudy? I work nights, and where I work I have no windows so I have no idea when the sun is actually going down. I'm going to make a point on my off days to see what time the sun's setting.

We're definitely experiencing colder than normal temperatures. Maybe it's just a normal cyclical thing (or not), but regardless, it's quite worrisome anytime the weather has a negative impact on our crops.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe
That's interesting because I've seen some posts where people are saying time is slowing down by like 5 minutes.. but I forget over how much time it gets off by 5 minutes- but like the wall clocks and/or solar time and computer time doesn't play catch up, over a certain period of time- something like that

Would be nice to know what is causing it if its true.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom
We're definitely experiencing colder than normal temperatures. Maybe it's just a normal cyclical thing (or not), but regardless, it's quite worrisome anytime the weather has a negative impact on our crops.

Absolutely it's always worrisome when the crops are suffering. When crops fail the costs go up, the shelves are more bare, people don't eat as healthy as they should...

It's 9:30pm here now and the sun has just gone over the mountains, it's getting darker now.

I want to know if that's normal or if it's off by a hour or half, something.

I'll fish around for some weather sites and see if they have records in our area of sunup/sundown.

Maybe time is speeding up, and not slowing down? I've got to find some of these posts I was running on about.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

To me, it looks like a dimmer fall Sun or even a Winter Sun, when you get that glare....
I cant really put my finger on it especially since we havent had much sun here, but when we have had the couple of sunny days, i've felt strange.

I dont know if i can explain it any better.

spaceweather.com...

www.climatescienceinternational.org...:vanishing-sunspots-prelude-to-global-cooling&catid=1:latest

I have been keeping track of the low sun spot activity for a couple years now.

[edit on 113030p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Jun 16, 2009 12:27 am US/Eastern

June Winter Wonderland In New Jersey?
Hail Storm Pounds Parts Of Garden State With Several Inches; Residents Watch In Amazement As Plows Clear Streets....

wcbstv.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">wcbstv.com...Its not our imagination folks!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
OK folks, I have a theory.

We've had several hot summers over the past couple of years. This corresponds with a very deep solar minimum.

Now that the sun is starting to* wake up and becomes more active, we're experiencing increase solar wind with increased particle flux and densities.

This causes polar ionospheric convection in the Earth's atmosphere. The super cold polar air masses are pushed toward the equator and into the jetstream where they encounter all of the extra water that's been vaporized and voila! Storms and cold.

I fear we are to have a very cold winter ahead. Buy your winter gear in the summer when it's cheap, folks!

Only one of the many effects that our Sun has on our little planet!

Notice that on Sunday afternoon, it was beautiful and clear skied? (I will use Ontario Canada and KC, MO as my reference points here), and then all of a sudden, clouds and winds whipped up? That was due to a little burp of solar wind!

*- I put an asterisk next to "starting to" because it doesn't seem like the Sun has really decided if she's going to wake up, or stay quiet..

(S&F!)

[edit on 16-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm 100% in agreement with you. I hate to see whats next.

Yep. The bastards are going to give us more taxes meanwhile laughing at us for believing them that "they can save the planet if we give them more money through taxes, and if they have more control over us"...

Theres an old saying " Salimos de Guatemala para meternos en Guatapeor"
:shk:
As an American, i am very very upset. But now i'm derailing.

I haven't heard that saying in a long time. For the members who don't understand Spanish what the above means it goes like. "We got out of Guate"bad" to get into Guata"worse" "mala" means "bad", and peor means "worse".

But yeah, you are right. Soon enough if this continues, and it seems it is not stopping, we will be getting longer, and longer winters, and shorter, and shorter summers, until eventually in the northen, and southernmost regions there won't be much of a summer.

There will be exceptions, countries, and cities closer to big oceans will take longer to get colder because the oceans still have a lot of extra heat stored, which they are releasing slowly. But once that heat is gone, and if the Sun's activity doesn't pick up, we will find ourselves in another LIA (Little Ice Age)

[edit on 16-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

new topics

top topics

join