It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All countries of the world prepare for war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

All countries of the world prepare for war

english.pravda.ru

World’s leading countries spend too much of their war preparations. A new arms race has been gathering pace in the world recently, and even the global economic setback does not seem to be a reason to stop the race.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thesun.co.uk

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Who against Who?
Iran, Israel, India, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Brazil and Britain contributed a lot to the growth of defence spending in the world this year. All these countries were not spending so much on their defence before. The countries of the Middle East will increase their defence spending next year – they already plan large-scale arms deals.

The "free West" against Iran is eminent, after that Russia will invade Europe and that will trigger WW3!
I recommend all ATSers to get themselves a survival kit!

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Fear mongering propaganda.

This is what happens when people mis-understand the reasons for military armament and maneuvers.

It's a sad day when were all planning for a war that doesn't really have a chance of happening in the near future.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it propaganda

these countries have been buying arms lately like there's no tomorrow

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Fear mongering propaganda.

This is what happens when people mis-understand the reasons for military armament and maneuvers.

It's a sad day when were all planning for a war that doesn't really have a chance of happening in the near future.

~Keeper

I hope you're right dude.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't believe that it's time for the suvival kits yet, but the way things have been looking and the energy out there you'd be a fool to ignore the fact that those events mentioned above could happen under the right circumstances. In that event Get the survival kits.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
this is the way it always has been

look through the history books, its nothing but war after war after war

so YES, there WILL be another WAR 100% Guaranteed

it is very profitable after all for those who make weapons

you know what would be "NEWS" to me? if we didnt have another arms race for once

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
that source is BS

please delete anything from that site - its all-news-web and sasha foral (sp?) all rolled into one. Sheesh you people gotta wake up on the BS as well as the MS BS!

wZn

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-6-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The world is unstable, not right now, not yesterday, not tomorrow, but always. Are the chances of WW3 breaking out high? No, but it could happen, because the world is unstable, and we cannot predict it.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps
The world is unstable, not right now, not yesterday, not tomorrow, but always. Are the chances of WW3 breaking out high? No, but it could happen, because the world is unstable, and we cannot predict it.

Chances of WWIII are as high as they've ever been. The economy is going to get a lot worse before it gets better on a global scale. NK launching missiles or artillery at SK could trigger a major regional conflict. Bombing of Iran by Isreal could trigger another regional conflict. Recent deterioration of stability in Pakistan could trigger another front. Look what it took to start the previous world wars and compare that to what's happening now and you're wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
this is the way it always has been

look through the history books, its nothing but war after war after war

so YES, there WILL be another WAR 100% Guaranteed

it is very profitable after all for those who make weapons

you know what would be "NEWS" to me? if we didnt have another arms race for once

I hope we can finally LEARN from history. Today is definitely different from history because people finally live nice lives.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If we spent one years US military budget on space exploration we would be living on the moon and mars and have space craft that can make the trip to Pluto in 6 months. Imagine a hallowed out asteroid made of iron and water that could be made into a huge space craft colony that could actually sustain itself.

It is sad we sit here and wait for extinction either self imposed or external.

One years US military budget could feed the world for ? I have no idea but imagine the high tech farms we could build with nearly a trillion a year investment.

Imagine a moon filled with solar panels beaming near free energy back to earth to get us off the oil.

Our governments spending on defence is a national security threat to us.

Sad really.

MBF

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
When we come to the end of "cheap" oil, I'm sure there will be huge wars. Countries will do anything to feed its people. I'm sure that time is getting close, maybe in a couple of decades. Now is the time for countries to stock up on arms and not wait til it is too late.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Oh no, not again...

Another BS pravda article with a bunch of crackpots on ATS giving it merit because it fits their world view...

The song remains the same...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

I hope we can finally LEARN from history. Today is definitely different from history because people finally live nice lives.

Huh? I don't get it. What's so different?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
When we come to the end of "cheap" oil, I'm sure there will be huge wars. Countries will do anything to feed its people. I'm sure that time is getting close, maybe in a couple of decades. Now is the time for countries to stock up on arms and not wait til it is too late.

Yes, when the cheap oil runs dry the world will change. But there is hope. If we can manage to find a new energy source, or find new ways to use old ones we can make it through the transition. It can be done. I think one of the more dangerous things is the food and water supply. As the worlds population grows and climate change affects crops and fresh water supplies people will starve. Millions will die. War is inevitable as has been shown in the past.

Countries are stocking up on weapons, the question is not why but why not. If I was in control of a country I would be stocking up too. If you do not you risk invasion, peace through strength. My sister who has a PhD in psychology keeps telling me that nuclear war is inevitable and its not a matter of if but when. I hope that technology saves us, but in the end we will all die one way or the other anyways, nothing lasts forever.

The real question we should be asking is how can we help others? What is the meaning of this life of ours and what is the best way to spend the time we are given.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Rome offers you peace or Rome offers you war, it matters not to Rome which you choose.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There have always been wars but the stakes are even higher now with the invention of nuclear weapons. The facts are the world is a mess. We have over 1 billion poeple starving in the world. Certain orginazations are more concerned with spending millions to save a certian species of animals then helping other people. Mankinds priorities are seriously screwed up. I cant forsee the human race continuing on with buisness as usual without diar conciquences for mankind. WW3 is inevitable it will happen. It might not happen tomarrow or next week or even in our life time but it will happen. I myself don't have too much faith in humanity. I see too much ignorance everytime I turn on my tv or walk out the front door.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by wantsome]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I am ashamed to be a human being. TPTB do whatever they want when they want without thinking about anyone but themselves?

They have designed a system where it is impossible to rise up and change the future, therefore, all we can do is sit back and make the most of it before the inevitable happens.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
that site pravda.ru has been ranked as top 1 in hoaxes and lies, i did read about it once, i cant find the link to it , im in a quest to proof that site is up to no good

top topics

<<   2 >>

join