It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

What do you forsee if they finally did achieve autonomy? I bet the Kurds, knowing their history, would do a little ethnic cleansing and then go back to fighting the Iraqis and the Iranians.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Ya I can see that, that is why I don't believe everything I here, that and the fact that we are just not getting to hear about some important things, like just who is in charge of countries. As long as the news gets peoples attention nothing matters I guess.

Its really starting to grate on me though Mousavi gets arrested and the news channels that most people go to for information has not covered it.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I could see the possibility of such a thing happening like ethnic cleansing by chance. The creating of a country the Kurds could occupy with the amount of land they are spread over would dwarf many nations in the Middle East and it would cause a shift in power possibly to the point of global proportions. The Kurds have been fighting for a while and would be a force to be reckoned with if they got away with it. It would render Iraq and Iran undoubtedly crippled more so than they are right now with a massive new neighbor in their former northern territories along with Turkey getting a significant chunk torn from them.
The Kurds have already proven in their Iraqi cities that they can suppress an insurgency well on their own with minimal outside help. If they had strong leadership they could even pose a threat to Russia depending on what they do.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Another Blog report with pics..
Ironic Surrealism

Iran on fire

www.flickr.com...

[edit on 6/14/2009 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
They clearly are hungry for change.

Oh no... They've been infected with Obamamania!

I don't know if it's a case of voter fraud, if Ahmadinejad pulled an George Bush, or the opposing camp has a bag full of sour grapes but I'm just concerned that the western MSM is desperately trying to make it seem like Iran is on fire right now with tens of thousands of people running amok through the streets screaming for revolution (it's mostly quiet right now), and will brand their election an criminal fraud and actually attack Iran on the premises of 'freeing' the people from the cruel, devilish Ahmadinejad.

That's what concerns me, that the US/Israel will simply label the election a fraud, a fraud that I'm asking to see the evidence of before they have a knee jerk reaction to it.

It's like staged walkout away from a speech by Ahmadinejad- pure knee jerk reaction.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
So wait a sec...is this the spread of the desire for freedom and democracy coming across the region like G. W. Bush said was one of the goals and outcomes of overthrowing Saddam? Have the people of Iran seen Iraq and wanted similar freedoms from their regimes? Nah, that couldn't have been W that talked about that could it? Surely that slow talking mangler of the English language and mispronouncer of words didn't say anything like that did he?

And if Rush and Co. have covered that point, I never heard it as I have better things to do besides listen to their shows. And if I scooped their blathering talking points, well you read it here on ATS first.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

FUNNY but TRUE

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The supreme leader in Iran is not the president.

Its the Ayotollah and the rulings clerics. Its an Islamic state and all decisions come from the ruling religious elite.

They sanctioned the 3 candidates in the election, and a 'revolutionary' would never been allowed to run.

The loser in the election was more of a social prgressive than Little Man A, and his wife is a dean at Tehrain university so he also campaigned for 'some' womens rights. At the end of the day, he was permitted to run by the supreme leader as he also would have followed their religious regime.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
this is a great video from john Simpson of the BBC. when secret police try to stop his recording, the Iranian youth chase them off. These kids make you feel proud, we could all learn a thing or 2 here.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

WATCH THIS VIDEO! Please WATCH this video! I SAY AGAIN PLEASE watch this video! This is AMAZING!

BBC rocks!. That type of journalism is insane! To see the people chasing off the secret police! IN IRAN! THIS IS INSIDE IRAN? Secret police getting beat down by THE PEOPLE!

AMAZING!

These are the moments when it is good to be a member of humanity.

This is something worth killing and dying for.

This is it.

This is why war is fought.

This video right here.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting that link woodward.

EVERYONE on ATS should see this video. Any way to STICKY this to the front of the website?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It seems as though the Iranian people, much like so many westerners, are sick and tired of living under a rogue, oppressive and corrupt governmental regime.

The only difference is they appear to be willing to actually DO something about it.

Best wishes and god speed to these young freedom fighters, they are earning the respect and admiration of the world today.

Revolution !!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Awesome video!!

Makes you proud to be human, these folks are risking everything even death. The footage was very inspiring to say the least.

Two

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Its just the americans not getting what they wanted.

Will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here you can hear some weapons fire going off.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I want to quote some of the things being said on Twitter.

-"My Father has a truck load of ballot boxes that were to be burned in the back of his truck."

-"The government has turned the power off in many locations claiming we need to fix some grid ??? Yeah, right!"

-"It is 4:00 am here and people are filling the street."

Last thing on the twitter site

-"I have to shut down for a bit, the police are looking for satellites."

twitter.com...

Thanks to DraconianKing for posting the links.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have started a Facebook Group (soon to have it's own website) called the GreenShirt Group or GSG.

I'm going to convert it to an International Basis, from a UK only one.

The Red Shirts in Thailand, the Green Colour Movement in Iran, I plan to continue and finish what they have started. The established order of things shall be torn in twain - a secular, logical and clear-headed future awaits us all.

I'm fed up of talking - time for some action.

The Para.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Ok the problems with the Iranians, North Korea, and us still invading the middle east oddly sounds like the very beggining of a world war but thats just my .02 anyways. yeah this was like the safety valve previously stated it was just a matter of time for that valve to break and here is the consequenses

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
IranHumanRights.org:

As the Campaign reported earlier, the leading challenger to Ahmadinejad, Mir Hossein Moussavi, was informed by Iran’s Interior Ministry at 23:00 on 12 June that tabulated results showed him to be victor, and he was asked to wait on celebrations until Sunday.
A few hours later, the Ministry inexplicably reversed itself declaring a massive victory for Ahmadinejad. Iran’s religious Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, ignoring turmoil in the Ministry and rising protests, announced the victory and declared the process finished.

Hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
To the young people of Iran:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Keep up the good fight.

Now on a more sinister note, and I may be way off base here but who knows?
How about this scenario:
A charismatic young leader with middle eastern ties and enourmous popularity brings peace to the middle east, i.e. the Iranians and Palestinians suddenly getting along with Israel, Jordan and Egypt are cool.
This starts with a heart warming apologetic speech in Cario and eventually carries through with the US invading Iran on a peace mission to liberate the Iranian youth (and it works). Suddenly this charasmatic young leader is a world hero. And a short time later the US dollar collapses, not entirely undue to charasmatic young leader taking on then abolishing the FED...see
www.abovetopsecret.com...
A global currency is established making China and Russia and the US all equal players in the game.
What scenario does this sound like??
Adjusts tin-foil hat now.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is shocking news. One can only hope that these clips are over dramatising the actual situation. If however these clips are reflective of what is really going on, I pray for the welfare of all Iranians and hope that order and peace can be restored. More things will be achieved through peace than war.

For some strange reason, I feel the "usual" two suspects will be blamed for all this violence. No doubt that will be the excuse of the Iranian Government when the blame game commences. Which two suspects am I referring to? Do I really need to answer that question?

P.S.: I don't know if people should be admiring the behaviour of people on these videos. Not because of what it shows now, but what it can very likely lead to. Yes it is important that young Iranians have their voices heard and be allowed freedom of speech. But this whole situation just seems like a bomb waiting to explode. The implications of which would not only be bad for the ME, but probably the whole world too...

[edit on 14/6/2009 by Dark Ghost]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join