It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA confirms South American natives had origins in Asia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Studying modern people’s mitochondrial DNA, which is inherited from the mother, suggests all the Native Americans in South America split off from a single Northeast Asian group that migrated over about 15,000 years ago.

Now for the first time, anthropologists have put the same bones to both tests. The verdict: The DNA is right. There was a single ancestor, at least for the part of Argentina they studied. The work, done by a group from the Universidad Nacional de La Plata in Buenos Aires, Argentina, was published in PLoS ONE Friday.

www.wired.com...

Fascinating

Nice to see that at least one field of science can help resolve some of the mystery of our clouded past.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I can tell you this has the Mormons in an uproar and coming up with many interesting stories surrounding this. According to their scriptures the people of South America and the NA population of NA are of Hebrew descent. This DNA sort of blows this theory right out of the water. Not hard to believe though, the land masses up in Alaska would have made travel across those waters very doable for those people to have traveled from one continent to another.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I can tell you this has the Mormons in an uproar and coming up with many interesting stories surrounding this. According to their scriptures the people of South America and the NA population of NA are of Hebrew descent. This DNA sort of blows this theory right out of the water. Not hard to believe though, the land masses up in Alaska would have made travel across those waters very doable for those people to have traveled from one continent to another.

Since there is zero evidence of the Mormon version of early American history one can't say this is unexpected.

With no disrespect to the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it is possible the Angel Moroni showed Joseph Smith Jr the location of a golden leafed book that contained the true history of ancient America.

Also possible Smith was delusional.

Mike

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Great find Warrenb.

I covered a few of the bits of circumstantial evidence in a couple of my threads.
I knew it, I just knew it. S & F

Ancient America Rocked!
Olmec Giant Stone Heads Mystery Solved?

Olmec Central America
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9dc8db2567bb.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f58494dbe650.jpg[/atsimg]
China
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e5640ef9c49.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
check out my thread i just made detailing my research that shows the African , Indian, Japanese, etc origins of Native Americans

I will link your thread in mine as well for people to see the connections.

Ancient America was the worlds first melting pot of people from all over the world, including Europe and the Middle East
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
since Olmec has African connections, than there may be a connection between Africa and China that we are only beginning to unravel.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
check out my thread i just made detailing my research that shows the African , Indian, Japanese, etc origins of Native Americans

I will link your thread in mine as well for people to see the connections.

Ancient America was the worlds first melting pot of people from all over the world, including Europe and the Middle East
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only African connection the Olmec people have would be the same African connection every living person shares. The human race originated in Africa.

top topics

join