It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military codes hidden in road signs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I stumbled across this site.I don't think its some plot to take over the Country or anything,but it is very curious.

Click here

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I have heard, and seen more pics about this before...if you look at the photos for a few seconds you can see that some are clearly fabricated with photoshop...

Believe whatever you want to believe...but with current technologies like GPS, these road signs are no longer required...

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What type of camera does the guy get, so he could see the 'stickers'?

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I checked the site link given in this thread and whilst there, sent an e-mail to the site owner asking for more information and any evidence he may have to support his claims.

He mailed me back and gave me his perspective about a question I had regarding California freeways having hidden sensors in the overhead signs that cross all lanes.

In the next few days we may hear what he has to say regarding the sign controversy.

Cheers,
Deep

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think we should all keep our eyes open in our respective countries/states for similar reflective sticker codes, could become an interesting thread.
Updated daily with accounts/photos of other tacmarks.

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If you think about that the military or who ever uses those signs would have to be driving on the wrong side of the road for your lights to reflect those stickers to tell you where to go... or walking down the side of the road with a flash light... right??? so wouldnt it oh be some what obvious if we saw many military or for that matter plain cars driving on the wrong side of the road? cuz these look like highway signs... or are they on streets as well.. anyway when i go running i am gonna start carrying a flashlight at night to look for these things and will post my findings...

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetdog
If you think about that the military or who ever uses those signs would have to be driving on the wrong side of the road for your lights to reflect those stickers to tell you where to go

I guess the Tacmars are for Brittish invasion forces

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   

From 1st Page:
And to you who claim we have doctored the photos by adding markers to the images or altering their positions are only kidding yourselves and are liars in denial and will except any excuse as long as it is not the truth.

Although interesting.

Secret operations comunicate in such ways not to be noticed by citizens. Only those looking find them.
Look forward to hearing more about this.

DC

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It's a shame really, in my quiet little corner of the UK there's not a sniff of any. Obviously this method for marking locations is a bit outdated now, with GPS etc. And i can't quite pinpoint why the marks would be on the back of signs. The only reason i can think of is for people travelling on the opposite side of the road with only a view of the backs of the signs, so you would know when to turn off etc. Who knows though.

This said i am keeping my eyes open, alas nothing so far!

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The markers are on the back of the signs because it is a covert operation. That is pretty easy to figure out. They are disguised as "date stickers" as a cover-up for their real purpose. TACMARS are "tactical markers" and are read through side mirrors driving with the normal flow of traffic with running light on the back of the vehicle. This allows the vehicle to continue on with the code information reflected back to the driver without stopping and looking behind at the marker on the back of the sign. Marker codes on the opposite side of the road are clearly seen as you are looking at the back of the signs anyway.

As for MG/GPS it is fine if it is working properly. In a worse case scenario it may not. In a first strike nuclear attack the first system that will be targeted are the satellites. These contain logistics for guidance systems for our missiles. One airburst in the upper-ionosphere with send EMP waves so intense it will fry sensitive circuitry in GPS signal arrays. Kiss your GPS goodbye if two or more satellites are disabled. Until another satellite comes into range you are down. Then you have ground transmitter malfunctions that are likely. They could be sabotaged, destroyed, or hit by EMP weaponary, power failures, signal disruptions.

All in all, the military is not so stupid trusting all of their navigational eggs in one GPS basket. There are contingency plans that are in place and TACMARS are a vital part of the operation, especially with foreign speaking military not familiar with the language. These universal tacmar codes are to bridge language barriers among multi-lingual personnel.

There is no need to drive on the opposite side of the road to read these markers as stated above, though on divided highways during martial law "off ramps" become "on ramps" and authorized vehicles only may travel any direction they wish. TACMAR codes on the ramps point to sites on the overpass right or left using color coded directory arrows and tacmars. The tacmars are only one phase of the signcodes the directory arrow configurations are coded also on the fronts of the signs.

Carrierwave~

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Aren't there any extreme close-ups of these things? I mean, the "code" keeps being mentioned but how are we supposed to crack the "code" if we can't actually read the tacmars? Or is the actual placement of the tacmars supposed to be the 'code'?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The markers are placed strategically on the signs to create directional information, site identification, and coded configurations. Markers are sometimes tilted for directional emphasis, turned on end, grouped in triads (3's) dual markers as turn indicators.

Carrierwave~

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
of course, the "TACMARS" could just be a sticker from the company that made the sign. Does that make them "BIZMARS"? duh...

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
We have an actual copy of 3M warranty agreements for DOT road signs and the only thing that is covered is the *sheeting* material if you want to believe it at all. Nowhere in the documents are there instructions to place "highly reflective" markers on the backs of the signs to ID the manufacturer or "date" the road signs as part of the warranty agreements. We have seen signs go up and no markers appear on them for six months or more after their placement. The whole thing is a sham and if you are fooled into believing this you have not done much checking or you simply don't care. Most DOT employees lie about it and have taken oaths to keep their fat paychecks. The retired DOT employees we have briefed are more open and say the dating thing is a joke.

'When a sign gets faded or knocked down we change them', we are told. Otherwise we have seen the DOT take down perfectly good signs and put up new ones just to change the markers. It is a waste of tax payers money and a total cover-up of what they are really doing.

Carrierwave~

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's dissappointing to say the least how people can just come out of nowhere and decide to debunk a valid theory without anything closely resembling evidence.

I think we should be aware of anyone replying to a topic with hahahahahahaha as their subject heading...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So as your driving at 45 mph you can "read" these little date stickers in your rear view mirror and stay inside a military convoy or within a safe following distance of normal traffic. Yeah right...They are date stickers and nothing more as every highway department has a replacement schedule and the people in the field can see when a certain sign was installed by the sticker without going onto a computer database to see.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I know that street construction is used for some type of people in the know, so road signs are probably used much the same way, strange how when they put fios down around your town they use different colors and just look how they do it with numbers all over the place, i even seen two eyes painted along side a road, Verizon fios again?????

[edit on 18-6-2008 by King Seesar]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yes, the markers can be read going at 45 mph. What you are looking at is not the printing on the marker, duh; What you are viewing is *where* the markers are "positioned" on the back of the sign. There is no problem seeing this at 45 mph. The markers are arranged "quadrantly" which is part of the code. It is simple see where each marker is afixed on the back of the sign viewing them through a right side mirror by a navigator. The "cat-eyes", on the back of nearly all military vehicles are activated to illuminate the reflective properties of the markers.

(Critics and scoffers usually need to be spoon-fed information, as a negative attitude seems to dull ones thinking..)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I remember reading about this years ago.

The part that they got into that really peaked my interest was the role Walmarts and mega stores will play in the case of a massive disaster or war. It got into how the garden centers will be used as the line up or detainment till identified zones since they have 20 foot fences.

During hurricane katrina, people were given temp i.d card that were also used as bank cards with their emergency welfare check that could only be spent on supplies at the wal-mart.

Oh and something about homeland security being linked or based in walmart or something like that. Wasnt hillary clinton on the board of wal mart?

[edit on 28-6-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Five years too late...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join