It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good morning all. In the spirit of denying ignorance, I have conducted a psuedo-scientific experiment on myself. My findings are that large amounts of whiskey do not cause immediate onset of H1N1 symptoms! As a side effect, however, they do make the MSM articles that much harder to understand. So drink away!

The Heights school — the site of the single largest swine flu outbreak in Texas with 27 confirmed cases — closed May 15. It was slated to re-open after Memorial Day, but state and local officials agreed Friday afternoon that the school should remain closed past the last day of school on Thursday.

“I’m furious with HISD about this,” said mother Pen Morrison, who fears the multiple disruptions this year have kept her son from being prepared for fourth grade.

She also worries that her 8-year-old has missed out by not finishing class projects or attending field trips.

“There’s a ritual, and that’s really important,” she said. “Beginnings and endings are important. You don’t just say ‘See ya.’”

Houston Chronicle

WOW...I don't care how many kids get sick! Little Johnny can't miss his trip to the zoo!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 37
www.who.int...

23 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 23 May 2009, 43 countries have officially reported 12 022 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 86 deaths.

The breakdown of the number of laboratory-confirmed cases by country is given in the following table and map.

# Suspected A/H1N1 flu case reported in east China's Fujian Province #swineflu #h1n19 minutes ago from web

# Costa Rica have just reported cases climb to 28 ahead of 20 listed in WHO Update 37 #swineflu #h1n115 minutes ago from web

# Argentine police fire rubber bullets after crowd attacks bus believed to be carrying Chileans infected with swine flu #swineflu #h1n116 minutes ago from web

# My data and analysis spreadsheet is available for download in MS2007 format at /cgoc47 #swineflu #h1n117 minutes ago from web

# 5day moving average of new cases is 557, still above long term average 541, although now closer to it #swineflu #h1n118 minutes ago from web

# CFR is still way above death rates for pandemics of 1957 and 1968 - remains potent20 minutes ago from web

# CFR (death rate) is steady 0.72% - check the tables at /cgoc47 for comparison with previous pandemics #swineflu #h1n120 minutes ago from web

# Japanese cases are growing strongly as are cases elsewhere - I'm now reporting these in separate graphs #swineflu #h1n121 minutes ago from web

# Canada and Mexico have not updated their numbers for 3days #swineflu #h1n122 minutes ago from web

Seems someone is trying to say something here...Hmmm...

Genetic analysis of swine flu virus reveals diverse parts
Components have existed for years but are combined in a new way
www.sciencenews.org...

Components of the H1N1 swine flu virus have been circulating undetected for years, but the virus combines the bits and pieces in a way never before seen, a detailed genetic analysis reveals.

The analysis, published online May 22 in Science, pinpoints the origins of each of the virus’s components. It suggests that current influenza vaccines probably won’t provide protection from the virus, but that the virus is susceptible to some antiviral drugs and will be amenable to new vaccine development. A separate study of the virus’s neuraminidase protein (the N in H1N1), published May 20 in Biology Direct, also shows that the virus is sensitive to some drugs but that parts of the protein important for vaccine development and antibody therapies are already changing.
More at Link...

A/H1N1 flu hits Spanish military base, 500 quarantined
news.xinhuanet.com...

Developing countries need more support in preventing A/H1N1 new flu
news.xinhuanet.com...

It's a matter of time
health.asiaone.com...

Taiwan confirms 21st enterovirus case
www.etaiwannews.com...

WHO: A(H1N1) Flu Continues to Spread
www.plenglish.com...

Confirmed NY Cases Of Swine Flu Rise To 366
wcbstv.com...

Swine Flu: One Quarantined In Moradabad
breakingupdate.com...

Toronto Child Treated For H1N1
www.citynews.ca...

Two more imported H1N1 cases confirmed
www.news.gov.hk...

[edit on 5/23/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
peterosbornuk
twitter.com...

# Two new cases of swine flu in Italy, cases surge to 122 - (14 WHO) #swineflu #h1n114 minutes ago from web

# PAHO reporting 805 Canada (719 WHO) 4008 Mexico (3892 WHO) Costa Rica 28 (20 WHO) #swineflu #h1n116 minutes ago from web

# PAHO reports are posted at /quj5xk #swineflu #h1n117 minutes ago from web

ECDC total cases of 12,433 would put 5day moving average back up into the recent range at 639 #swineflu #h1n17 minutes ago from web

# My analysis graphs at are based on WHO updates only, except where CDC is substantially different /cgoc47 #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# Latest ECDC report is at /pvf5cw #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# ECDC are reporting 166 new cases in Mexico, 86 in Canada that are not in WHO Update 37 today #swineflu #h1n1less than 5 seconds ago from web

# ECDC reports total cases 12,433 or 411 above WHO update 37 today #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# ECDC reports outside of the EU and EFTA countries, a total of 12,110 cases are currently reported, including 91 deaths #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# ECDC reports 323 confirmed cases are now reported from 18 EU/EFTA countries #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

# ECDC reports In the past 24 hours, seven new cases were confirmed in the EU and EFTA countries #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

# ECDC reports Media report on more than 500 military in isolation in Spain #swineflu #h1n15 minutes ago from web

# ECDC reports First case reported from Iceland, Russian Federation and Honduras #swineflu #h1n15 minutes ago from web

# ECDC report just published, 4 mins BEFORE the timestamp on the document! #swineflu #h1n16 minutes ago from web

# The UK Govt ordered 90 million vaccines for the H1N1 virus from drug manufacturers GlaxoSmithKline & Baxter #swineflu #h1n123 minutes ago from web

# Two More UK Cases Of Swine Flu Confirmed #swineflu #h1n124 minutes ago from web

# So the analysis now begins with the first WHO Update on 24 April and includes the whole series of data #swineflu #h1n126 minutes ago from web

# I've now added the early WHO data to my analysis graphs and spreadsheet at /cgoc47 #swineflu #h1n126 minutes ago from web

# South Dakota confirms fourth case of swine flu #swineflu #h1n1about 1 hour ago from web

# breakingflunews.com MA reports 49 more swine flu cases - WBZ News Radio 1030: MA reports 49 m.. /qxmtud18 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# breakingflunews.com Two more Britons have swine flu - BBC News: CTV.caTwo more Britons have s.. /q9hmnn18 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# breakingflunews.com South Dakota confirms fourth case of swine flu - Rapid City Journal: Sout.. /ouejs518 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I thought it was over in Mexico???

ECDC are reporting 166 new cases in Mexico

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
HICMR INFORMATION SHEET 3: 4th MAY 2009
PANDEMIC PHASES - AUSTRALIA AND OVERSEAS
WHO PANDEMIC PHASES
harp.hicmr.com.au...
(per captaintrippy)

3rd Case of H1N1 Confirmed in Southern Colorado
www.kktv.com...

Four more swine flu cases
www.richmondregister.com...

Swine flu in Iceland
www.icenews.is...

WHO to revise pandemic alert criteria
www.presstv.ir...

Moscow’s airports strengthen health control for incoming flights
www.itar-tass.com...

Swine flu panic engulfs Southeast Asia
nation.ittefaq.com...

Idaho now has 11 cases of swine flu
www.2news.tv...

PM Kevin Rudd warns of swine flu disruption
www.swineflunews.org...

Kuwait: Swine flu cases detected among US soldiers
news.yahoo.com...

# Four cruise ship passengers tested amid a swine flu scare on arrival in Sydney on Saturday have been cleared of infection #swineflu #h1n1about 1 hour ago from web

# WHO will revise the rules for alerting the world to new diseases aiming to not cave in to a global swine flu pandemic #swineflu #h1n1about 1 hour ago from web

# More A/H1N1 flu cases reported as deaths rise to 91 worldwide - Good roundup at /paam6f #swineflu #h1n1about 1 hour ago from web

South Dakota confirms fourth case of swine flu
www.rapidcityjournal.com...

Hong Kong confirms 2 more cases of swine flu: Now 6
www.gmanews.tv...

WHO: Mexican flu to get worse
www.radionetherlands.nl...

Two new cases of swine flu takes tally to 122
www.timesonline.co.uk...

5-year-old Taiwanese from RP has flu, too
www.philstar.com...

School closure not routine measure: CDC
www.taipeitimes.com...

Back Door:
Speakers at think tank criticize WHA strategy
www.taipeitimes.com...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
WHO Says H1N1 Virus Could Mutate
english.ntdtv.com...

Swine Flu: Too little, too late?
www.thestatesman.net...

574 swine flu cases confirmed in WA
www.swineflunews.org...

US soldiers quarantined in their military base: minister
www.alarabiya.net...

Seven new A/H1N1 cases confirmed in Europe
www.philstar.com...

Changle City girl, 2, becomes a new suspected swine flu case
www.shanghaidaily.com...

Leaders ask for strict anti-flu steps following first confirmed case
dailymailnews.com...

Lincoln High School remains open after confirmed swine flu case
www.htrnews.com...

Greenwich schools confirm 1st swine flu case
www.connpost.com...

Second passenger possibly infected with swine flu taken off place at Moscow airport
www.focus-fen.net...

Violent Bus Attack in Argentina over Flu Fears
english.ntdtv.com...

# USA: Connecticut: Wallingford County: 1 confirmed case. Source: Connecticut Department of Health Date: 22 May 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Connecticut: Tolland: 1 confirmed case. Source: Connecticut Department of Health Date: 22 May 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Connecticut: Seymour County: 1 confirmed case.Source: Connecticut Department of HealthDate: 22 May 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Washington: Kittitas: 1 confirmed case. Source: Washington Department of Health Date: 22 May 2009, 08:00 GMT33 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Washington: Jefferson County: 1 confirmed case. Source: Washington Department of HealthDate: 22 May 2009, 08:00 GMT33 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Oklahoma: Rogers County: 1 confirmed case.Source: Oklahoma Department of HealthDate: 22 May 2009, 06:00 GMT33 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Oklahoma: Pushmataha County: 1 confirmed case.Source: Oklahoma department of HealthDate: 22 May 2009, 06:00 GMT33 minutes ago from twitterfeed

USA: Tennesee: Unknow regions: 6 confirmed cases.Source: Tennesee Department of HealthDate: 22 May 200910 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
etaiwannews.com

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I know my little town tested positive for two new cases........but you want find them on the map anywhere...........

I was told by a nurse who is doing some of the testing that at least a dozen or more have tested positive..............None have been reported though.........

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Same here. My town has two positive test results, according to flutrackers. I have heard people in town talking about at least one confirmed case. I believe a very good friend of mine might be positive, but there are no reported cases in our entire county.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hmmm...todays date...trying to tell us something???

Interim Recommendations for Facemask and Respirator Use to Reduce Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Transmission
May 23, 2009 9:00 AM ET
www.cdc.gov...

Swine flu circulating for longer than thought: expert
www.abc.net.au...

# Peru: Lima: 16 confirmed cases. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 22 May 2009, 23:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Argentina: (Unk. Region): 1 confirmed case. Source: Periodismo: [Spanish (original)], [English (google translation)] Date: 23 May 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Brazil: Santa Catarina: 1 confirmed case. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 22 May 2009, 23:00 GMT28 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Brazil: Rio Grande do Sul: 1 confirmed case. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 22 May 2009, 23:00 GMT28 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Brazil: Rio de Janeiro: 3 confirmed cases. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 22 May 2009, 23:00 GMT28 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Brazil: Sao Paulo: 3 confirmed cases. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 22 May 2009, 23:00 GMT28 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Brazil: Minas Gerais: 1 confirmed case. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 22 May 2009, 23:00 GMT28 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Kuwait: (Summary): 18 confirmed cases. (Approximately) Source: The Fay Observer Date: 23 May 2009about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Kentucky: Lincoln County: 1 confirmed case.Sourc: Kentucky Department of HealthDate: 22 May 2009about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Kentucky: Mercer County: 2 confirmed case.Source: Kentucky Department of HealthDate: 22 May 2009about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Kentucky: Scott County: 2 confirmed cases. Source: Kentucky Department of Health Date: 22 May 2009about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

A case of the 2009 H1N1 influenza A virus was confirmed today in a Colorado resident who is hospitalized in Gove County, Kansas.32 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This article seems very suspect to me. There have been five "found dead at home" soldiers there this year. These should be very healthy individuals. What do you guys think?

Ft. Hood soldier found dead in home.

I have started a thread to discuss other cases like this. Please post any similar accounts that you know of, so we can all take a look at them. The link is in my signature.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

These people dropping dead are a little concerning.........I posted the link you found on the other thread to see if "Eco" knows anything........

I will be asking my source hopefully this weekend concerning the virus and deaths like this one...........Good find on the article..

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

“I’m furious with HISD about this,” said mother Pen Morrison, who fears the multiple disruptions this year have kept her son from being prepared for fourth grade.

And had they kept the school open and her son had contracted the swine flu she'd be furious with them about that

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
UK swine flu toll is really 30,000, says leading scientist

Thirty thousand people in Britain are likely to have been already infected by swine flu, one of the country's leading authorities has told The Independent on Sunday. This would mean that the virus is 300 times more widespread than the Health Protection Agency (HPA) admits.

The startling estimate by top virologist Professor John Oxford comes as leading scientists are warning that the agency's announcements on the spread of the disease are "meaningless" and hiding its true extent. And it tallies with official estimates made in the United States.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thank you. Please let us know if you hear anything. I have been trying to dig a little deeper. I have found that the strings of unexplained deaths go back to before October 2008. The only other thing I can think of is suicide by drug overdose, but it seems like they would rather report that fact then leaving them all as under investigation.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Of course she would! The thing is that this is the attitude that many parents have right now. They think that H1N1 is a joke and are upset that the children are missing school. If we could get a little more honesty from "trusted sources", they may not be so quick to wish the schools would stay open.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

You're right, people aren't taking this serious enough and it's because of what they're being (or not being) told. We have 668 confirmed cases in my county alone, but walk around here and you'd never know it. People are walking around here like there is nothing goin on at all.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Most Current List of Schools Closed Due to Illness and Daily Attendance Rates

New York school teachers got together and started reporting on school closings and attandance of students after learning many schools had very low attendance.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

UK swine flu toll is really 30,000, says leading scientist...

[QUOTE]Thirty thousand people in Britain are likely to have been already infected by swine flu, one of the country's leading authorities has told The Independent on Sunday. This would mean that the virus is 300 times more widespread than the Health Protection Agency (HPA) admits.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"The numbers in Britain are not really telling the story," added Professor Michael Osterholm, one of the world's top flu experts and an adviser to the US government. He called the official figures "meaningless" and said that, [B]while the authorities were not hiding cases, they were not hunting very hard for H1N1[/B].[/QUOTE]

.... whats the difference? Not testing people is to hide the actual numbers!

[QUOTE]The spread of H1N1 in Japan, after the Americas, would normally have been enough to justify the WHO declaring a pandemic, under criteria established in April this year. But Britain, Japan and other countries last week persuaded it not to do so, in order to prevent panic, border closures and disruption to trade.[/QUOTE]

Japan does take it more serious than the rest of us. This week I was in Bangkok airport and pretty much all Japanese were wearing masks.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by muddyhoop]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet, 18 US soldiers passing through Kuwait had swine flu.

news.yahoo.com...

Oh and everyone should read this, Very Important .....

www.opednews.com...

From this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/24/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Good Day All...I once again hope...12 Hr Update...

Swine flu cases hit 70 in Kansas
www.kansascity.com...

Health officials' mishandling of swine flu is nothing to sneeze at
www.nydailynews.com...

The right Rx: City health chief defends swine flu school closing strategy
www.nydailynews.com...

As swine flu spreads, nurses may strike
Sunday, May 24, 2009
queenscrap.blogspot.com...

Warning About Swine Flu - H1N1 May 23 2009
northshorejournal.org...

Who is going to ask the correct questions about the swine flu / novel H1N1 epidemic? The old media doesn’t seem to be.

1. Why are the numbers of cases in Illinois and Wisconsin so high?
2. Why are those cases primarily in Chicago / Cook County and in Milwaukee?
3. Why are many states and the CDC not reporting totals on their websites on the weekend?
4. Why have a small number of states such as Florida stopped reporting cases on their webistes?
5. As of the CDC numbers on May 22, Texas had the most cases. Its site published new numbers that do not appear in the CDC report. The difference is over 400 new cases. Why is Texas next updating its numbers on Wednesday, May 27, and not sooner?
6. As of the CDC numbers on May 22, California had 553 cases. The CDC has had that number since May 18. California’s latest number of cases is 672, published May 21. Why is the CDC not current?
7. The CDC has California third in the number of cases. Why is California only reporting on its site once a week?
8. Why are there so many cases in the State of Washington and especially Seattle?
9. Illinois has been first or second all week with respect to the number of recorded cases. Why is its site only updating the case numbers Monday through Friday?
10. Wisconsin had 766 cases on the CDC report of May 22. Its state website, updated later in the afternoon, shows 1,130 cases. The CDC has used the 766 figure for Wisconsin since May 19. Why is that?
11. On May 21, the CDC report had at least 747 fewer cases recorded than the state websites showed. That’s a 13% difference. Why can’t the reports be more current and reflect each other’s numbers?

That is just a few of the questions we have. Either report the data accurately and daily, if it is important, or do not report it at all. Inaccurate and misleading data does no one any good and serves to only perpetuate panic and distrust of the government.

Perhaps the people of Milwaukee and Seattle and Chicago ought to be made a little more aware that their regions are the primary hotbeds of swine flu activity. Old media? Your turn.

Swine Flu, H1N1 Virus Outbreak Case Incidents Report
www.imperialvalleynews.com...

# USA: Colorado: Morgan County: 1 confirmed case. Source: Colorado Public Health and Iviroment Date: 21 May 2009, 07:00 GMT22 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Colorado: La Plata County: 1 confirmed case. Source: Colorado Public Health and Iviroment Date: 21 May 2009, 07:00 GMT22 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Colorado: Jefferson County: 9 confirmed cases. Source: Colorado Public Health and Iviroment Date: 21 May 2009, 07:00 GMT22 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Colorado: Garfield County: 4 confirmed cases. Source: Colorado Public Health and Iviroment Date: 21 May 2009, 07:00 GMT22 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Colorado: Freemont County: 1 confirmed case. Source: Colorado Public Health and Iviroment Date: 21 May 2009, 07:00 GMT22 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Poland: Chorzów: 1 confirmed case.Source: wiadomosci.onet.pl ( English, google translated )Date: 24 May 2009,about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# Spain: Hoyo de Manzanares: 11 confirmed cases, 70 suspected cases.11 confirmed cases from soldiers belonging to Academia Militar de Ingen..about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Cuba: Cidudad de la Habana: 1 confirmed case. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 22 May 2009, 23:00 GMTabout 12 hours ago from twitterfeed

# A second child from Mohave County tests positive for the H1N1 virus #swineflu #h1n1about 1 hour ago from web

# Reuters: VIDEO: WHO predicts 'swine flu' will worsen r.reuters.com... #swineflu #h1n1about 1 hour ago from web

# A/H1N1 flu forces another school to close in Australia #swineflu #h1n1about 1 hour ago from web

# Mexico City ends swine flu alert, no cases in week #swineflu #h1n1about 2 hours ago from web

# Two more cases in Bejing #swineflu #h1n1about 5 hours ago from web

# 108 confirmed cases in England, 14 in Scotland, making a total of 122 UK cases #swineflu #h1n1about 5 hours ago from web

# WHO is testing two suspected cases of H1N1 flu in Democratic Republic of Congo #swineflu #h1n1about 6 hours ago from web

# Now 76 Confirmed Cases of H1N1 Influenza in Panama #swineflu #h1n1about 6 hours ago from web

# Authorities on the Italian island of Sicily put 14 schools under observation as a precautionary measure against influenza #swineflu #h1n1about 6 hours ago from web

# Australian cases of swine flu climb to 14 #swineflu #h1n1about 6 hours ago from web

# South Korea Finds 4 New Cases #swineflu #h1n1about 6 hours ago from web

# 50-year-old Filipina is Philippines second case of deadly flu #swineflu #h1n1about 6 hours ago from web

new topics

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join