It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gangstalking" : Real phenomenon or paranoid psychosis?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ever heard of "gangstalking"? Apparently there is a whole subculture of people who believe that they are being followed and subtly harrassed by groups of people. The "standard" definition of gangstalking seems to be a phenomenon whereby one person (a "target") is followed by lots of different people who do stuff like park outside their house or office for lengthy amounts of time, drive repeatedly around their block, follow them wherever they go, even enter their homes at night. Some allege that gangstalkers are disrupting them mentally or physically by means of strange electrical "mind-wave" type machines, chemical sprays, and the like. The Target is made to understand that he or she is being followed, but since it is by multiple people, the Target can never really single out or identify a single stalker.

Who are the gangstalkers? Many say it is a kind of cult movement, while others point to government agents or even brainwashed actors. Some see a mass nationwide or planet-wide conspiracy. and even more florid theories abound.

Here's a website devoted to the phenomenon:
www.gangstalkingworld.com...

Here is an older e-book that is sited as a seminal work in the field, although many allege that gangstalking has "evolved" to become more subtle since this was written:
www.gangstalking.ca...

A gangstalker blog:
janebauer.blogspot.com...

One of the numerous youtube clips on the subject:

Freakish stuff. Opinions?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I know how fantastic it all seems. But honestly, who is this lady that she is so important that she warrants being followed?

Additionally, theres absolutely no gain made from the stalking, no rape, robbery, etc. So they spend hundreds of man hours following a no body, all for.... what?

Like I am not saying it is or isn't really, but I think just like the UFO's far more of the cases turn out to be false than are actually true.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think some cases could possibly be real.. after reading through some of that person's website though... she seemed a little nuts. This quote pretty much sealed the deal for me.

"I bought a full size cake in Napa and had it as a weapon at the motel I stayed. I know some people use meringue pies for weapon to blind their enemies in short distance."

Hehe, just silly.

(her website is linked from the blog)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
"gangstalking" is a real internet poopoo.
i've gotten to see several examples of people getting harassed within cliques and forums and i revere its something that need some attention to some degree.

its nothing more than a childish clique but can have extreme implications.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
We, those of us that hung out together in San Diego in the 1970's, didn't know the term gangstalking. However, there were a few in our circle of friends who thought they were being watched. Eventually we figured it out. Those who felt they were being watched, were actually doing too many paranoid inducing drugs, like crank, speed and coc aine. The rest of us just realized that there are instances where you see the same person from time to time. And in one case, our friend was a taxi driver and she would see a driver from the same company many times during her shift, and the other driver would raise his finger, instead of his hand in recognition that they had seen each other before, and worked for the same company. It's like when I drive my jeep down the road and somebody approaches me on the road, driving a jeep, we acknowledge each other, usually, lazily with just a raised finger from our hands upon the steering wheel. It's rather cool we all think.
The only time I get paranoid is when the other driver sees me and doesn't acknowledge me.But it goes away pretty fast, cuz well, sometimes I don't notice an approaching wrangler driver, too. Interestingly enough, once this gal left that city and no longer had access to the drug pushers, she realized nobody was out to get her except the gpvernment.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
i've gotten to see several examples of people getting harassed within cliques and forums and i revere its something that need some attention to some degree.

That has nothing to do with this thread or gangstalking. What you're talking about is just one group of internet users who for whatever reason want to spam or piss off the other group. That's not gangstalking.. gangstalking can't exist online within the current definition.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
...hes on a bike. sitting on a corner. hes probably slinging drugs.

...the woman has a video camera pointed at him..and hes not supposed to notice while she is sitting in her car filming him? # yeah id be a little apprehensive about this crazy lady and warn others they are on video.

...or the rider on the bike said "hey check it out, theres that crazy ______ again"

...this is just a paranoid woman.

Me and my friends at college will all turn and look at someone if we think they are crazy. but we dont just do it, we take a glance or 2 so they dont notice. This person just happened to notice people were taking second glances or staring at her ------- its not because she is an important person, or someone with special knowledge, shes just crazy and crazy people are fun to watch.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

With regard to the video posted.

You cant be 100% certain the people are looking at her or something thats taking place behind her.

For example. If the police were raiding a property 3 doors down, it would certainly cause the behavior observed, specifically the two ladies stopping to talk to the man on the bike.

CT

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
I know how fantastic it all seems. But honestly, who is this lady that she is so important that she warrants being followed?

Additionally, theres absolutely no gain made from the stalking, no rape, robbery, etc. So they spend hundreds of man hours following a no body, all for.... what?

Like I am not saying it is or isn't really, but I think just like the UFO's far more of the cases turn out to be false than are actually true.

If you really want to know, why don't you watch some of the videos, (the credible one's I mean,) or read some of the ebooks the put out?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Originally posted by zooplancton

That has nothing to do with this thread or gangstalking. What you're talking about is just one group of internet users who for whatever reason want to spam or piss off the other group. That's not gangstalking.. gangstalking can't exist online within the current definition.

You can have online mobbing, or what they call cyber violence, here is an article about it.

www.mail-archive.com...@googlegroups.com/msg00428.html

in Seoul on April 22 last year, six days after she poisoned herself.

Two weeks later, Kim, a 30-year-old accountant, found that he had
been transformed into the No. 1 hate figure of South Korea's Internet
community, a victim of a growing problem in a country that boasts the
world's highest rate of broadband use.

First, death threats and vicious text messages flooded his cellphone.
Meanwhile, spreading fast through blogs and Web portals were rumors
that Kim had jilted his girlfriend after forcing her to abort his
baby, that he had assaulted her and her mother, and that his abuse
had finally driven her to suicide.

"By the time I found out the source of this outrage, it was too late.
My name, address, photographs, telephone numbers were all over the
Internet," Kim said. "Tens of thousands of people were busy sharing
my identity and discussing how to punish me. My name was the most-
searched phrase at portals." News reports and portals confirmed that
his name was at the top of such lists.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
...hes on a bike. sitting on a corner. hes probably slinging drugs.

...the woman has a video camera pointed at him..and hes not supposed to notice while she is sitting in her car filming him? # yeah id be a little apprehensive about this crazy lady and warn others they are on video.

...or the rider on the bike said "hey check it out, theres that crazy ______ again"

...this is just a paranoid woman.

Me and my friends at college will all turn and look at someone if we think they are crazy. but we dont just do it, we take a glance or 2 so they dont notice. This person just happened to notice people were taking second glances or staring at her ------- its not because she is an important person, or someone with special knowledge, shes just crazy and crazy people are fun to watch.

If you pay attention to the video you will hear her say he allegedly can't see the camera, there is no way to know if the video is staged, but she does say he can not see the camera.

Well if that's the case and crazy people are fun to watch, maybe they were watching her, or then again maybe it was staged, who knows.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think that for a very small minority, there is an element of truth about this. For a myriad of reasons, individuals are sometimes singled out by groups often for the most tenuous of reasons. Society still has problems with how it reacts to people who don't quite fit for whatever reason; the 'outsider' can easily become a 'witch' or a 'paedophile' or some other societal bogeyman and people will persecute them based on unfounded or misjudged beliefs.

It doesn't take much for this to happen to some people, perhaps living alone and having no friends or family might be enough for neighbours to start 'filling in the gaps' as to what this person does alone or why they're alone in the first place. It might be that the person just 'acts funny' or 'dresses funny'. It literally can be anything and eventually layer-on-layer of false reasoning and speculation starts to become convincing to other people ("well there's no smoke without fire!") and eventually this kind of thinking reaches a critical mass where a particular group of people want to make this dirty, rotten, vile, evil individual 'pay'.

For the rest though - attention-seekers aside - what is described really does fit the criteria for paranoia.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yep, very real, and organised by the police, who must love the ay to treat people, scum.

They have everything backed up by they try to drive there victims up the wall, and ususally the victims are poor, and the people have no come back at all. All protected by the police and there criminals.

This ssubject has been talked alot on this board, and i would think the thread starter would be able to find plenty on the net nowadays about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
what would be more time-cost efficient?

actually implementing mind-wave technology.. hiring squads of goons to monitor and harass a subject 24-7

or...

to make them believe that that's what's happening, without spending a dime?

same effect in both cases.. one paranoid scared desperate person... who's extra cautious and less flamboyantly or at least less courageous in his actions.

the imagination is a powerful weapon.. which can easily be used on it's owner.

it can really always be boiled down to an info-war.

what's dangerous... is a person who doesn't CARE that it's happening even if it really WAS happening to them...

-

[edit on 11-4-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

The victim can buy technology today to see if they are being hit by microwaves etc...

Yep, maybe they do also play the games, but stalking is real fact, and organised by the police to destroy people fact again.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This sort of thing seems like it will become more popular with the rise of flash-mobbing and internet-bullying... It's a whole new world of subtle hate which can be directed at people. The goal is perhaps to get the victim to kill themselves out of fear and hopelessness which does happen if a person feels alone and hopeless (demoralized).

I have a natural instinct and it goes like this: When someone is following me, I stop and face them. Even if I think someone is folowing me in a car, I will wait until the right time, then suddenly slow down and block traffic, quickly get out of my car and waiting to see what they will do. In fact, I do this randomly just to let people know I'm serious.

Just kidding, but it does work. When anything or any one is trying to make you afraid, simply go eye-to-eye with them and dare them to take it a step further. I'm guessing some of these "gangstalk" moments are probably just people who are trying to press gentle-hate against you as for example Scientologists or JW's will definately let the apostate in their midst know that they are hated. But with if you go up to them and look them right in the eye and say, "Why are you following me?" ...They'll probably back down. Just in case, make sure you do this in a spectacular fashion like mentioned above because even if their intent is to harm you, the social pressure of confronting them in public will cause them to wilt and go away. Don't let anyone stalk/chase/follow you toward a place which gives them more power.

Yes I think especially for young people there will be very subtle moments like this where they have a moment to sieze their own safety. I do not dismiss this as silly because groups of people will mask their deeper anger/dislike of the person through subtle harrassment like this.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by smallpeeps]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is by far the most retarded thing I have seen on ATS. Now granted there are many loons on here who see lizard eyes on people who are on talk shows, they claim presidents are lizards and slow down youtube footage to "prove" it...lol....then you got the alien gray people who think they are deep under ground living in large cities and some reject claims to have fought them with special forces soldiers in New Mexico...blah blah blah....but this is truly one paranoid woman who needs a life.

As for ANDY and your goofy comments about it being the police...maybe you should find this woman and marry her..you two can live happily ever after in your paranoid BS world.

There is NOTHING interesting about this stuff because it's all created in the mind of a seriously deranged person/people who for SOME reason actually believe they are important enough to keep an eye on...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
This is by far the most retarded thing I have seen on ATS.

because it's all created in the mind of a seriously deranged person/people who for SOME reason actually believe they are important enough to keep an eye on..

People getting followed is not real? People getting raped or killed is not real? Hell, even Vince Foster will tell you that sitting in your car isn't safe.

Yes, people do get stalked. If that's "by far the most retarded thing you've ever read on ATS" then maybe you could go back and read some more of your own posts?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
As for ANDY and your goofy comments about it being the police...maybe you should find this woman and marry her..you two can live happily ever after in your paranoid BS world.

No thanks, it is the police fact, and the way to degrade people, i say thanks to your empathy for people, ta.

If the policee ahve a problem with someone, they should try to arrest them period, not spend time and money desperately trying to destroy lifes. These things are real and the police are behind it. Pure scum.

But like always with this stuff the people in society only understand if they went through this,a nd see what scum can do to people.

All i say is that society deserve the scum who did this to me, and remember that the same peopel who did this to me, are still in society and they will be doing it to others, any one they choose. One thing to always remember is taht you never need to do any crime for these scum to do all these things to you, if they target you you are like foked for the rest of your life, so it is just a piece of advice, do not believe that this is not going on, because one day these trash may be doing it to you, or someone you know.

But most of these threads are a waste of time, as there will always be people like this who say this cannot happen, or this does not happen. So whats the point in talking about it, other than giving others the understanding that being stalked by scummy people is not something that is directed at them only. The police and the government in uk and usa, must have a great laugh at how easy it is to destroy anyone they want and society just thinks it great.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

People getting followed is not real? People getting raped or killed is not real? Hell, even Vince Foster will tell you that sitting in your car isn't safe.

Yes, people do get stalked. If that's "by far the most retarded thing you've ever read on ATS" then maybe you could go back and read some more of your own posts?

Yes of course people get stalked for purposes known only to the stalker, but THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH THIS CRAP! This is just people who think 7 cars, 4 people, 2 dogs, 2 kids, 5 flies, 3 squirrles, and a dropped quarter on the sidewalk on a tuesday afternoon all add up to THEY are being gang stalked....that IS stupid...the video alone proves the joke of this entire thing.

[edit on 4/11/2009 by rcwj75]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join