It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RBS to axe 1 in 4 jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have just heard that RBS are to axe 1 in 4 jobs by 2010 across their nationwide centres. Divine retribution for the G20 £10 note wavers?

This is from an internal email not a news source so I have no link. I expect it will be common knowledge soon enough.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is certainly a topic worth bringing to attention, but your fact's are off and you have no source...

here's the bbc article news.bbc.co.uk... 1 in 5 jobs from their "Group Manufacturing" division are to be shed, not across the entire organisation, however most of these cut's are being made on top of the c. 2,700 losses already within the UK.

What I'd like to know is why did we bail this bank out if not to ensure they would begin loaning (hasn't happened) and secure the jobs of AT LEAST those who work directly for the bank??

The Bank of Scotland and Royal Bank of Scotland should be nationalised for their failures (until the ideal of a resource based economy can be realised, but IMO it would take a massive shift in attitudes and probably a major transitional disaster before that ever can materialise).

Fred Goodwin was an RBS exec who keeps his £700,000+ a year pension for life while they axe the people working for them without proper pensions. This disgusts me. I'm not surprised "Sir" Fred's house was vandalised - I say BURN IT DOWN next time, preferably with him inside.

....oh and it was Bank of England execs who waved notes to the G20 crowds.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Pr0t0]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thank You for clearing up the facts for me. I was just passing on what an employee told me they had received in an internal email. Obviously the BBC must have got a different email. I was generalising when I mentioned the note wavers. I apologize.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

No need to apologise - sorry if I came across harsh - this sort of news really riles me is all. Thieving git's. We need a revolution of the people. Sadly in Britain people are too embroiled in their luxuries to care or take action, so we will rot while the Banksters and the elitist's make even more money and sink us deeper under their controls.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well exactly what can we do? Our protests are ignored. How can we change anything? Is a violent uprising the only answer left? The people of this country have had their pleas ignored for so long that I think it is inevitable. It may not be the answer but I don't think anyone cares any more.

top topics

join