It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign troops preventing civil unrest?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A poster from down under posited a question on another thread wondering why 600,000 US troops would recently have suddenly been deployed to his area.
I do not know that this is actual fact, but it is something I've been pondering for awhile: If/when TSHTF and we ALL find ourselves under martial law in a global way, (which is how it would HAVE to be otherwise our compatriots in other countries would come to our rescue/aid) could our military go along with it?
In my mind they couldn't / wouldn't. At least for the most part. I believe they would throw down their weapons and fight for the people's cause.
I believe it would be far more secure for a gov't wanting to declare ML to call in troops from a foreign country to maintain the necessary detachment / security.
Has anyone noticed any foreign / UN military in their area recently?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
From down under meaning where exactly?
Down under on the earth down under in another state??

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The poster did not say exactly, I assumed in Oz...it was in one of the "Glenn Beck" threads. I'll look into it

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

Far Northern Australia, Townsville I believe he said

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I wonder if, since we have troops in force in Australia, does that mean that other countries are outsourcing troops to other countries to possibly control the populations during a NWO transition of power?..... Would foreign troops be more imposing and likely to shoot to kill people of a different nationality?... I wonder who will occupy the U.S. if this is the case?.... I have read that it would be U.N. forces from the Eastern Bloc or Asia. That book was written over ten years ago and also had maps showing the locations of FEMA camps, and information on the use of weather manipulation being used by Russia as a tool for ethnic cleansing.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I wonder if, since we have troops in force in Australia, does that mean that other countries are outsourcing troops to other countries to possibly control the populations during a NWO transition of power?..... Would foreign troops be more imposing and likely to shoot to kill people of a different nationality?... I wonder who will occupy the U.S. if this is the case?.... I have read that it would be U.N. forces from the Eastern Bloc or Asia. That book was written over ten years ago and also had maps showing the locations of FEMA camps, and information on the use of weather manipulation being used by Russia as a tool for ethnic cleansing. Double post due to weather related satelite outage.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by hypervigilant]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Yes. This is exactly what I've been thinking. I have just recently heard of people in Arizona and in Wyoming encountering foreign military while innocently hiking/hunting in remote areas o the woods. This is what got me thinking on this.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What troops do we have in force in Australia?
Wasn't this for an exercise?
They don't live here

www.youtube.com...
Wasn't it for this?
It was 3000 US troops not 600,000

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

I've just sent a link to this thread to the poster of that info inviting him to join in here...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
around sixty thousand troops to be stationed at townsville lavarrak barracs

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This is silly.

There are only 1.5 million active duty soldiers to begin with! 1.5 million reserve as well. There are less than 200 thousand soldiers in Iraq and somewhere around 30 thousand in Afghanistan. (this is just rough estimates, I could be pretty far off) So 600 thousand men in anyone country just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, especially when we are already stretched so thin.

Are you sure it wasn't more like 600 soldiers? The U.S. routinely does joint operations around the world (training) in which soldiers may be temporarily garrisoned somewhere else. It may seem 'scary' to the uninformed, but the reality is, its actually a show of how the US is supporting your nation and is willing and capable of assisting you in defense against any enemy.

For record, foreign troops come here too. It's definitely a two-way street. Though it was awkward that one time a Taiwanese General and a Chinese General ended up on the same boat tour...haha

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
BTW, the US isn't like Mexico...we don't just sort of drive across the boarder by mistake with a freaking heavily armored transport...If we are in your country, it is either approved by your government or you will NEVER even know we were there.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ragman

My bad... I said 600,000 when the source of inspiration for the OP said 60,000
But, you may be missing the point of the OP, and that is, wouldnt it make more sense to have a foreign military enforcing martial law?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Yes I can see Chinese troops coming to the US to enforce martial law, after all, after the events over the last 3 weeks; Hillary's trip to China, the AIG debacle (a Chinese based co), etc..
Not much of a stretch of imagination to see this as a possibility.
In many ways, the Chinese own us economically

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Not really.

Contrary to what people seem to think. Your government doesn't want to kill you or abuse you. Certainly, they can be indifferent, but it makes no sense whatever to have a foreign military occupy your homeland. I can't think of one good reason unless you are simply unable to handle it yourself.

And last time I checked, Australia is definitely up to snuff with their military--so I don't think they need to US to enforce martial law. I think their government would actually be very against the idea of using foreign troops on their people.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
let`srevise that down to 6000 troops shall we,,,,,thats still a little unusual given the current downturn in australias millitary spending !!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragman I think their government would actually be very against the idea of using foreign troops on their people.

Exactly. As would ours.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i maybe the only ats member closest to townsville,hope not,i`m about 400 klm away .anyway if there maybe a reservist or regular that could verify this,i have information relating to talk of it on base,comes from a reliable source who worked as a civy contractor on the extentions to :lavarack barracks" townsville queensland.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MEATPIE

and what is his take on all of it? Based on the thread you previously posted on, do you think that your gov't is building some sort of "Emergency Camp" there?

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

Yes. This is exactly what I've been thinking. I have just recently heard of people in Arizona and in Wyoming encountering foreign military while innocently hiking/hunting in remote areas o the woods. This is what got me thinking on this.
U.N. forces from foreign countries have been learning procedures for rounding up civilians and confiscating weapons since the late 80s and early 90s, right here in the U.S.A.... There is a lot of threads that I have read here,about things that were written about 10 or 12 years ago.... These books magazine articles always seem to have a right wing slant and promote survivalist tactics, heading for the hills, stashing food, firearms, improvised energy sources and so forth.... In the late 70s lots of magazines from "Mother Earth News" to "Easy Riders" were featuring articles suggesting everything from using .22 ammo for money in future times, to building survival yurts and earth shelters... I won't get into what was going on in the late 50s and early 60s, but people were living in fear then as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join