It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA semi trailer in Mall parking lot in OKC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
A few days ago I saw that FEMA had dropped this trailer off here in
OKC in the Sheppard Mall parking lot.

The FEMA logo is only on one side so most ppl are not seeing the logo
who drive into the parking lot.

Hit the zoom button on Flickr to read the logo clearly.

After some research more of these are showing up around the
country.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Given the condition of that parking lot, I imagine the town could use some FEMA help.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
any around philly? ill go peek inside one and see if theres any coffin liners

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Good catch Ex_MislTech. Noticed a few things going up in my neighborhood that weren't there Friday. I have no idea what they are. White box on a pole next to telephone relay. A numbered "dial" on a post out in the country. Now a FEMA truck at the mall.

Have you called FEMA and asked them why it's there? I feel the noose tightening.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Isn't the tornado season around the corner?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Yes, but the anniversary of the OKC bombing is also coming up in April.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Yes, tornado season is around the corner, but they have never
had these trailers here before.

Tornado season really cranks up in early May.

So this is a first time occurence in my memory and of the ppl
I know in this area.

We usually have to bed for help and it usually comes in the form
of returning our tax dollars to us as we pay in more than we get
back from the federal government.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I live in Stillwater, OK and drive to Tulsa twice a week for school and have in fact seen four of these in Tulsa. I didn't get the street names down, but one was in the area of 51st and Garnett, to be more specific to what I can remember.

Yes, I do see someone mentioned "tornado season," and Oklahoma is right in the middle of Tornado Alley, so maybe that's all they're there for. Not so sure why they just park and leave, though. Maybe it has something to do with that ugly cell tower in the background? Maybe someone could go get a sledgehammer and take a look!

(spelling correction)

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Lifthrasir]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I kinda doubt they would leave a trailer full of cargo unattended unless they want someone to rip them off.

It could be someones rig broke down and they left the trailer there while they got their rigged fix.

Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I kinda doubt they would leave a trailer full of cargo unattended unless they want someone to rip them off.

It could be someones rig broke down and they left the trailer there while they got their rigged fix.

Interesting nonetheless.

Well it has been there for a few days, and no major highways are close
to that mall parking lot.

I could see it there for a cpl of days, but almost a week ?

Not likely.

I think it is staged for some event, and it might be tornado season,
but it would be a first for me and the ppl I know here.

The big uptick in tornadoes is about 7 weeks away.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Even then, why would they place a trailer in the middle of potential disaster site. That would be like staging FEMA in Galveston right before a hurricane.

Hope you keep us updated.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I thought tornado season in Oklahoma begins around mid to late March? Seems a good thing they have prepared by dropping off supply trucks at various locations.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Drivers running loads for FEMA do not have to follow the rules on Hours of Operation. The reason the logo would only be on that side is that that is the side facing weigh stations. FEMA loads are not always required to stop even when the sign says all trucks must stop here.

Drive up and knock on middle of a side. If it sounds hollow and echoes slightly, then it is empty. A full trailer will make a dull thud. Also if there is a padlock or numbered seal that looks like it would take a pair of bolt cutters to remove, then it is probably loaded with something.

As to what: water, blankets, MRE's, canopy pavilion tents...sky's the limit, really.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Good point i'll go check it for lock and seal and get back to this
thread with that info.

As that parking lot has camera's on it I did not want to get too
close to it and draw attention to myself.

I think I can chk from a good distance with binocs.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Very interesting...I thought it was for tornadoes at first as well, but that just wouldn't make sense. Storing a trailer in a parking lot during tornado season is like storing Twinkies at my house if I was on a diet...it just wouldn't make any sense.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
How many nukes where missing again?

2nd line

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

That's OKC for ya.

Also, tornado season technically begins in late March but nothing usually happens until May.

The last few years the activitiy has been in Kansas more than Oklahoma.

I live in Lawton =)

I doubt they're here for tornado season, it's usually not too bad in Oklahoma, there's maybe two hits in a town on an average year. Most are in fields or in very rural areas. There's usually not a reason for FEMA to be anywhere near here.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I tend to agree that it is just there because they needed a place to drop it off for a few days. Still if it was in my back yard it would be concerning...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
it's not uncommon for truckers to leave trailers in parking lots while they have a couple of days off, FEMA oriented or otherwise....BTW check for placrards on the back sometimes these give clues to the load in the trailer

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'd feel good seeing that trailer. I'd know that my government was prepared. With it only being one, I doubt its anything major, but who knows. I dont think they would park anything that mattered in an open lot with the words "FEMA" on it. Might tend to draw attention. I'd like to think that our topsecret guys are a little more on the ball than that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join