It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Tells Public to start Protesting on the Streets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Senator says it's time.

chronicle.augusta.com...

Senator Jim DeMint's gentlemanly air and refined tone belie a power and an urgency in his words. The stately senator from South Carolina sees America's unique centuries-old system of freedom dying out.

And he thinks we may have to take to the streets to save it.

"I would think it's time to start thinking about peaceful demonstrations," he told us last week.

Seriously?
"Seriously.

"The power of the people is there. Freedom is in the people's hands right now, and it's about to slip through."

Of course, the recent "stimulus" debate is what's fresh on DeMint's mind. Despite DeMint's putting 15 aides on it overnight, no one in Washington was able to read the bill, which was the most expensive in American history -- as well as being perhaps the most irresponsible.

The worst since the adoption of the income tax, DeMint figures.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

"People don't need to look to Washington. It's the people's government. And the people are going to have to take it back. They can do it with their voices and with their votes -- and they may have to do it with their legs. People are going to have to show that they're not going to take it anymore."

By "legs," he means what you think he does.

Demonstrations.

Noting the tactics of left-wing organizations such as Code Pink, which like to send handfuls of noisy people to a lawmaker's office, DeMint suggests such things do get the attention of congressmen and senators.

"I think some of these folks might think twice if they had several hundred people standing outside one of their state offices asking, 'What in the world are you thinking?' "

If that doesn't work, there's plenty of room on the boulevard.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
His website

demint.senate.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

This is a breath of fresh air...gonna start some controversy though...

[edit on 2/23/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by j2000

This is a breath of fresh air...gonna start some controversy though...

[edit on 2/23/2009 by Hx3_1963]

Bring it on!

This is one thing they have not taken yet.

But if we wait too long, they will.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yeah, demonstrations and protest are good and all to get anger and the people truth out,...but most likely, government and local state troops will also be thier aprticipating, as the remoants of those who want change.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
sorry that got chopped up pretty good lol typed too fast.
I wass saying, the government and local police/troops typically will be thier too, ready to remove those who wish for change.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Where you able to schedule your march?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

You are right.
But there is a better way. If one could organize it a little better.

More like a Parade that stops at the door so to speak.

If you can focus the energy, it would be very powerful.

I would like to see people marching in squads like the millitary and doing cadence songs for the message.

It would be controlled, peaceful, but still give them that funky feeling in their gut like they should listen.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I had a vivid dream several months ago. In the dream, I saw people gathering up weapons, shotguns, rifles, and hand guns, and all were marching toward Washington D.C. soon a crowd of millions were completely surrounding D.C., cutting off all traffic, and demanding that the White House staff come out and defend themselves for recent actions. There were bull horns in the crowd. A black helicopter suddenly appeared, about the land on the pad atop the White House. A man with a bullhorn called out, "helicopter pilot, do not attempt to land, you will be fired upon." In the next part of the dream, I saw that a great explosion had happened at Cheyenne Mountain, home of NORAD, and several million had died from effects of radiation.

I agree it's time for those who can to hit the streets, and demand a stop to federal control, the blind support of Israel, and the useless wars. People are waking up each passing day, and perhaps soon something to free us from the tyranny will happen. One can only educate, and hope.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

No...ATS has T&C's against Activism...I posted in all the forums in the state ect...mostly got ridiculed with rude comments...

I fear all is lost...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
In the next part of the dream, I saw that a great explosion had happened at Cheyenne Mountain, home of NORAD, and several million had died from effects of radiation.

You were doing really great until you got to the last part. lol

[edit on 23-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

In my humble estimation, the time for effective peaceful protests has ended, and we have entered a period where only organized boycotts and violent extremism will be considered as serious resistance to plans long in motion...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Does anybody have a way around that?

Or, another option?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Personally, I think it's time to take to the Internet.

I offer a solution in the book I wrote, which uses a "scifi" theme with the finding of a contemporary diary to describe how we went from where we are to the "scifi" Utopia the book begins with.

There IS a way out of what we have now into a much better future.

My book is available FREE at the link in my sig. Thanks to all who read it, and especially to those who pass it on.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Just everyone go to their city/state/federal government capitols and hopefully draw a crowd...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Everybody is already all over the internet. Just like the 100's of threads here.
There are sites from one extream to the other. People wrote, spoke, called, emailed and the Govt does not care what we say.
This is the next step, it's a little more forceful.
Non of us except for extremists want the step after that.
Not that we wont take it that far.

It's long past the internet, unless you got some magic skill's to shut the Govt. down unless they listen.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

It does seem as if they're still locked in their own little world...holding meetings...press conferences...yada...yada...yada...

maybe we're being to impatient???

NAH...we know the house of cards has started falling...they either know it and actually think they can hold it up...or...are still locked in their little world...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by Amaterasu

Everybody is already all over the internet. Just like the 100's of threads here.
There are sites from one extream to the other. People wrote, spoke, called, emailed and the Govt does not care what we say.
This is the next step, it's a little more forceful.
Non of us except for extremists want the step after that.
Not that we wont take it that far.

It's long past the internet, unless you got some magic skill's to shut the Govt. down unless they listen.

[smile]

That was not to indicate that we are not all over the internet now, but we are incohesive in our goals and aims. I guess I should have also included that we should be on the internet with a shared vision - which is what I present in my book.

It is my goal to change the world for the betterment of all. That spurred me on to writing my book.

Read and understand what I offer. It is a short read - an average reader can read it all in about 4 hours. A faster reader can cover it more quickly.

Again, it is FREE, in PDF, on the ATS Media Site. Linked in my sig.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
NAH...we know the house of cards has started falling...they either know it and actually think they can hold it up...or...are still locked in their little world...

Or (most likely in my humble view) they planned it to come crashing down. And it will...and they will take over the world.

Unless we make a better choice soon.

Read my book. [smile]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join