It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention! Are there Meteors Heading this Way Right Now? Pictures/Very Clear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Interesting thread, im not too up on planetry stuff but if there were something coming our way wouldnt it come straight out from the sun, which is blacked out so not allowing us to see it or would the earth be in a totally different position for that not to matter?

In other words would something coming off the side still be able to hit earth as it travels around its cycle?

sty

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I was wrong, it is not a fault with the sat. I will have to read more data about this..

This is one of the best sources of photos :

nasa website

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

I am trying to find some decent astronomy chat room and maybe supply them with those pics and see what they have to say about it . But most of the chat rooms I visited are empty :/

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I did a plot of the alignment between earth and jupiter with the sun in the middle...

The yellow line in the middle is the sun's center. This is what the alignment looked like on the 24th...

Prove me wrong... Please...

[edit on 16-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

[edit on 16-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldno7brand
I find it interesting that from around the 27th to the 30th, the same date as the above images, is also when this anomoly happens..

Holy mother of what the #

What the bejeebus is that? That is some scary # right there dude.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I´m so happy I found your thread !!!

I´ve compiled some data about the impact of the energies from this flaring "object" behind the sun.
It severely impacts the suns far-side and earths magnetosphere. please have a look at my thread over at bad astro forums for more info !!

forum link

Fasten your seatbelts, ißm with you on the ride !!!

sty

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
11 of FEB : a large CME (Coronal Mass Ejection )

video

It seem to be quite large and double (left+right side of the sun at the same time). However, SpaceWeather.com says "SOLAR FLARE: Yesterday, Feb. 10th at 2310 UT, Earth-orbiting satellites detected a B1-class solar flare. Normally, such a small eruption would pass unremarked, but during this deep solar minimum, it's a relatively big event."

13th of Feb : another one, not as large
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

At least this did not head towards Earth , and now the Sun seem to be calming down. The new solar cycle did not fully started yet.. so surpises are still to come!

Conspiracy note: this solar flare was followed by the colession of the 2 satelites.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by el_bloom

Looks like your having difficulty getting people to see what's going on...

It appears that we were in a position to see debris come of Jupiter if it was behind as I think it was... Not 100% positive on how their plotting of view angles is calculated....

good luck...

sty

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by el_bloom

I agree that the farside of the Sun seem to have sunspot emerging to large scale , then fastly vanishing before heading towards Earth. But our Earth runs around the Sun so we should be fully exposed to that "side" within 6 months..

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've been around people in the space program and believe me, if something that drastic happened they would have let it slip. What is this bizarre obsession with death and destruction so many of you have?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I like this thread star and flag, although i think what you have is nothing more than a solar flare its still an interesting read/view

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ok what do we have that doesn't fit...

- possible explosion on the what appears as jupiter passing venus?
- Biden and someone else stated something big would test obama 20/21jan
- view of large object coming from the sun at approx 10oclock begins on 24jan and ends 30jan with loss of picture yet to be fixed
- article in on-line mag, onion, although satirical it was placed on the 13feb and refers to obama being the second black president to fight a meteor. Morgan freeman being the first.
- plots of alignment show that the Earth, Sun and Jupiter were aligned on the 24jan. This would make the view possible...
- we have a bright object that seems to be getting closer and brighter for the last month. If this object is on the same path as venus it may obscure venus' view and that's what we are seeing.

Any I missed???

Any reason not to sound the alarm and at least get people looking at this... I mean I could be wrong but didn't obama say he going to Dallas soon to sign something that would usually be done Wash? Any protection in dallas?

Just guessing...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

im not a space buff, and i only skimmed over what you have typed up here due to lack of time on my part
But could they be solar flares coming off the sun or something similar ? just a suggestion, i am no astronomer so im expecting to be wrong here

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If we or the sun even, goes thru the galactic plane where the astroid belt is, what is its name ,Kupier belt? we might have more and more of these fireballs. There was one in sweden again last night, so this is apperantly happening at an accelerating speed...If those in your image there is astroids or comets/rocks, it will explain the increas in these things in WWT also....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
I've been around people in the space program and believe me, if something that drastic happened they would have let it slip. What is this bizarre obsession with death and destruction so many of you have?

It´s not the way you think, I´m just excited about something unusual happening and the dots seem to connect over the last week

I didn´t know what was impacting our magnetosphere as on like the 4th feb.

or that plasma density spike to the max on 9th feb.

You know stuff like this does not happen without something firing the energies on us ! But the Sun was/is quiet so it must be another source.

Im happy xDDDD more info puhlease !

edit:
@ alltied : I don´t know about a political connection to all this, as a german citizen i´m merely a bystander to this. But I must admit I follow discussions around the net concerning your political happenings.
I admit I have been waiting on the 21. jan. for something on wall street to happen, I did not think about a stellar connection regarding the speech about "Obama getting tested around the 21."

[edit on 16-2-2009 by el_bloom]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The video at least to me does not show jupiter exploding, the flash clearly comes from the sun it just happens that jupiter was passing at the time, as to the unseen object in line with venus i have no idea it requires further investigation.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sooo, do I cancel my holidays

link   
I dont know what it is truthfully. But we will know come March if the planet did ignite. And if we see something bright and glowing up there and we believe its the planet that ignited you wait and see the government will make some excuse. Of course if there really is danger dont expect for the government to tell us about it. They will save there sorry butts then expect for us to help ourselves.

But I do have to say that when something looks funky with the photos they have a way of all of a sudden losing some. That happened a few years ago when there was a huge blob next to the sun that could have been a planet. yet after seeing it for 2 years worth of photos it dissapeared when folks asked what it was. All photos after that were no longer clear. They made sure they made them all blurry. So you couldnt see anything anymore yet all the rest of the views looked great. But the ones that showed the Ball were blurry. Go figure.

link   
Who here has a telescope with enough magnification and a digital camera so we can all have a nice look at Jupiter and see whether or not it went up like a drunk's breath in front of an open flame....

BTW- Jupiter going nuclear is possible- Don't forget, they plunged the Galileo probe with a nuclear power source right into the planet a few years back- and who knows what pressure, metal, time, and I am sure Uranium would do.. I don't, but it seems likely what COULD have happened, huh.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The question is, did those explosions possibly happen from the "theory" that has been around the internet for the past couple of days that Jupiter "ignited"

thread is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So are those explosions match the anomolie that happened with Jupiter?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join