It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO incident involving Air Force and airline

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

On 11 October 2007 at 3:20am the captain of Olympic Airways flight 266 from Athens to London noticed an extremely unusual object moving erratically to the west of Athens. The object was somewhat star like in appearance however much brighter and larger with a constantly shifting shape.

Meanwhile the captains of Olympic Airways flights 730 to Kos and 700 to Rhodes reported the same thing. The sighting was then confirmed by Athens Airport Control tower whose employees observed the object moving towards Karystos, a small town on the Greek island of Euboea. At this point the Greek Air Force was contacted.

Link

Tell me... how often is it two different airlines report the same ufo sighting minutes apart?
Whats it gonna take to convince people that we cant be alone in the universe?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The Greek Air Force confirmed that they too were monitoring the object from their radar station at the top of Parintha Mountain near Athens and had observed that it was travelling at incredible speed and did not fit the description of any terrestrial craft; they also noted that the UFO was large of an unusual shape and very bright. Air force staff had been requested to photograph the craft and did so (no pictures have come to light). At this point two F-16’s were sent up too intercept the UFO, while the various control towers monitored the object from earth. This point the object shot off at incredible speed skyward and the Jets failed to indentify anything. While both staff at the Athens Airport and the Parintha Mountain Air Force Radar Unit confirmed that they clearly observed the object their radars picked up nothing.

Of course no pics have surfaced.

We are but mushrooms.

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Anyone know greece-there is a recording of the pilots conversation with ground control as the incident occurs on the article.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Anyone know Greek and able to translate the recording in the article?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

There is some sort of a linguistic thread floating around with volunteers from different nations that are willing to translate, there might be someone greek on there.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Where are the photos? Videos? Stories are useless IMHO, regardless of the status of the person making the claim. EVERYONE is capable of mistakes/miss-identifying things.

EVERYONE.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

Where is this thread-I also would be interested in translating the airforce document.

Thanks

[edit on 6-2-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

try google translate

translate.google.com...#

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezza

Its photocopy so google translate won't recognise the text.
Thanks anyway.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
well I guess I will have to come back to this one seing there is no translator. blahski!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

well, at least several countries have declassified their ufo reports...I'd like for a world leader to say "yes! there are UFOs! What are you gonna do?"

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
schrodingers dog is the man we need to talk to regarding a translation.

I'll shoot off a U2U

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewartw2
reply to post by Jezza

Its photocopy so google translate won't recognise the text.
Thanks anyway.

Just run an OCR on it to convert it to text first, that's all.

You can even Microsoft Office Document Imaging for that (included in Microsoft Office XP or above). There are programs that work better too, like Omni Page Pro.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewartw2
reply to post by Phlegmi

Where is this thread-I also would be interested in translating the airforce document.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by stewartw2]

Here is a link to the thread created by scramjet76 and the post with the latest updated list of translators, so you have it for future referance.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/2/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Basically, the event happened in Nov-2007, but hit the news a year later (Nov-2008)

Here is a list of links about this case (all are in Greek language):

www.zougla.gr...
www.zougla.gr...
www.zougla.gr...

www.tanea.gr...
www.cosmo.gr...

www.astrovox.gr... (amat. astronomers forum discussion)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Alright alright, I just woke up.

Let me have my coffee/bourbon and I'll get right on it.

I'll be back in a jiffy.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
OK, here's the translation of the video and document:

VIDEO:

Narrator: Nov 7th 2007, Flight 266 London to Athens, during the flight the Olympic Airways pilot communicates with flight control at Eleftherios Venizelos airport (Athens International), listen to the conversation:

Pilot: Olympic 266, tower are you receiving me?

Tower: Go ahead

Pilot: Is another airplane flying near me?

Tower: Negative, why?

Pilot: I see on my right, at approximately the same altitude, an unknown target flying from the South to the East

Tower: No, there's nothing there, is it bothering you (in your way)?

Pilot: For the moment no, but its altitude and heading are not stable.

Tower: What exactly do you mean because I have no target on radar.

Pilot: It is increasing speed and its headings are erratic.

Tower: Olympic, continue on your present heading and altitude according to plan and we are staying in contact.

Narrator: That's the end of the conversation, but what follows is neither alarm nor panic, just chilling questions. What everyone can't get out of their heads are the words of the pilot, (they replay the above conversation).

Report at the bottom of the page:

It's just the equivalent of an FAA report stating that the pilot of the above flight at 03:27 was followed by a bright lit object which would switch positions from his right to his left. 2 F-16 were scrambled but encountered nothing.

[edit on 7 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dhatz

In the second link that you provided there are two more videos.

One is the recorded communication from the control tower to Air Force command and the second is an analysis by an "expert."

I am happy to translate those as well, though they don't seem to shed any additional light on the incident.

Edit: In the third link you provided are videos of additional eyewitness reports of various other incident of UFO sightings in Greece. Once again I am happy to translate should you wish me to.

[edit on 7 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hi schroedinger's dog,

Thx for translating, I'm Greek myself, so I had read these when the story broke in the local media a couple of months ago.

I've provided these additional links because I couldn't tell which primary SOURCES the article quoted in the OP is based on.

However, you'll notice certain inconsistencies right in the basic facts, e.g. the newspaper (tanea) gives 11-Oct-2007 as the day of the event, whereas TV (zougla/ALTER) 11-Nov-2007.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks for that-
My question: Is it feasable that so many people constantly looking at the sky could confuse Venus for a craft?

[edit on 7-2-2009 by stewartw2]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join