It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Superbowl Commercial

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm not sure where to put this, so Mods feel free to move it.

I know someone else saw that Hulu commercial with Alec Baldwin. It was freaky. The basic premise was that the Elite control TV and the internet to turn people's brains into mush and that they're really aliens from outer space.

I found it extremely odd because people actually theorize about that here and then they have that exact thing on TV?

What are your thoughts?????

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by themystic123

I have no TV.

Is there a YOUTUBE of the commercial?

Sounds rather like the Oligarchy . . . yet strange.

Would be interested in watching it if anyone comes up with a link.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

It is very odd indeed! I am not quite sure what to make of it. Star for you and this oddity.

~Hyp

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I thought it was a great commercial. I think it was preaching to the choir though. I think that most of the people who "got the joke" were probably already aware of what Hulu is.

Either way, I got a kick out of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
LOL, its weird that you made this post. I am an Eagles fan, so after their loss to the Cardinals I refused to watch the Superbowl this year. Anyways, I gave in and started watching. I turn on the TV and sure enough this commercial is on. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to look deeper into it but I don't think there is a valid suspicion, just a commercial trying to be over the top and funny but instead it failed miserably. BTW the Eagles defense would have been able to stop the Santonio Holmes.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I thought it was one of the better thought out and produced commercials. I think that everyone got the joke about it. Alec Baldwin is great straight man deliverer. My second favorite was Miller High Life. Straight, to the point and less than 5 seconds. After that. I would say the Budweiser did great.

The worse ones I thought were Godaddy.com. I thought that they were just too over the top and just not funny.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just remember...

It appears to be a spiritual law that they have to tell you what they are going to do to you, before they do it. Even if presented in such a way as you think it is humor, or fiction, or even a lie.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Yes and not to mention, these are clever tactics to trivialize, especially to football fanatics and the like, that these sort of theories should be treated as entertainment only, not to be taken seriously.

Hey, if we had all the football fanatics on our side, we would be making a larger impact on society.

EDIT:
I mean, is it not true that television rots our brains? If we really cared about our brains, we would throw away all televisions and put those companies out of business.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
You teach people how to treat you and we have taught them that it is okay to treat us like stupid banal creatures that deserve their contempt.

I don’t know about the alien business but it is indeed proven that excessive TV viewing has a negative effect on the brain and its function. They are telling you that they know that and they also know that you are not going to do a darn thing about it but find a way to keep getting you TV fix.

For those of you that have abandoned your TV for the computer. Well, they are now making your TV viewing available by phone, I-pod and computer.

Ask yourself why they are so hell bent on making sure that you watch the poison they are selling?

Then ask yourself why we are willing drinking the Kool-Aid?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

www.youtube.com...

Think the NWO is trying to say something?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

As much as I love the conspiracy angle of this subject, the rational side of me thinks that it has a lot more to do with advertising dollars than it has to do with mind control.

In all reality, it could probably argued that it is a combination of the two. In the end though, I think it still comes down to the (formerly)all mighty dollar.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Then ask yourself why we are willing drinking the Kool-Aid?

One is willing to drink the 'Kool-Aid' because it is cheap entertainment, everyone else watches it, easy access once subscribed (only need to push a damn button you know?).

My relatives and even parents are addicted to it.

Once I finally move out of my parent's house, no way in hell am I paying for cable. I may or may not have one television to watch a movie on once in a while. Other than that, I am creating my own library with the money I saved from not having a monthly cable bill.
Cannot wait!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

It's called "taking the piss"... a bit of fun! Marketing that makes people talk and have a giggle. Politicians aren't the only subjects of satire. So are people - and in this case, paranoid people.

"Oh look at those lousy NWO elitists, rubbing our noses in it. This means it MUST be true!"

Cue: Theremin Music

IRM

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I am not so sure it should be funny to us. They are essentially trivializing what could potentially be "true" i.e. our allegations towards the elites. However, allegation is too weak of a word.

EDIT: We are overly entertained, thus we laugh at that commercial.

reply to post by Karlhungis

Definitely both I say. Why not hit two birds with one stone.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Whatever the commercial meant, its scary to think if it was actually true. Not that people's brains turn to mush, but that someone or some group of intelligent people, human or not, could brainwash or cognitively affect humanity. The stupid average American already watches too much TV, instead of trying to find the cure for cancer or doing something productive. People who watch TV on a regular basis miss out on actual human interaction and life in general. They live sad lives of quiet desperation and false human contact until sh*t hits the fan.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I live in Canada, and I don't think we got this commercial on our feed, which usually gets pre-empted with local commercials that suck ass...I saw that new crazy Will Ferrell Movie advert though that looks super crazy futuristic and now this weird "Hulu" advert...

Well, not sure what to make of it, I found it actually kind of shocking in it's brashness...I mean, Baldwin #1 is usually a hard-nosed deranged type of dude...didn't he curse out his daughter? Anyways...perhaps a coincidence, but I did notice the Simpsons episode playing in the last seconds of the ad right behind Alec, and it's from the Treehouse of horror IV. Where Homer makes a deal with the devil (Flanders) for his soul in exchange for a donut...homer falls through a flaming hole in the floor which is shown and gets stuck due to his fat derriere...Symbolic to me for some reason...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theeggman1999
Whatever the commercial meant, its scary to think if it was actually true. Not that people's brains turn to mush, but that someone or some group of intelligent people, human or not, could brainwash or cognitively affect humanity. The stupid average American already watches too much TV, instead of trying to find the cure for cancer or doing something productive. People who watch TV on a regular basis miss out on actual human interaction and life in general. They live sad lives of quiet desperation and false human contact until sh*t hits the fan.

A thinking society is a more free society. This THEY definitely know of us.

Someone close to me is addicted to television and I am hoping to alleviate his pain, because television addicts tend to lack ambition, at least in his case.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

As much as I love the conspiracy angle of this subject, the rational side of me thinks that it has a lot more to do with advertising dollars than it has to do with mind control.

In all reality, it could probably argued that it is a combination of the two. In the end though, I think it still comes down to the (formerly)all mighty dollar.

Of course it is about the dollar. It has always been. It is completely about keeping their hands firmly entrenched in your pocket. That is why you buy shampoos that you know won't grow hair, lotions that won't make you young and pills that don't add additional inches.

You know that they are all lies but you reach your hand into your pocket and pull out those dollars and buy the crap any way.

Your brains are mush, you are addicted, they know it and they are laughing in our faces.

It is a joke and the joke is on us.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I personally do not have a television, but I was at a super bowl party and do recall vaguely this commercial, but of course had no idea what it was about/saying over the crowd. Very interesting indeed how they mock and yet tell the truth all at once. Nice post!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join