It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama says "my muslim faith"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Would it not be prudent to watch the longer version of this interview before you go too far out there on this statement. I highly suspect that everyone makes gaffes like this at some point in life. This is coming from a pasty white 45 year old conservative , just saying to watch the whole clip before you get too worked up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVn59TC2QqM

(back to school with me , cant get the link thingy right)

[edit on 18-1-2009 by savagediver]

[edit on 18-1-2009 by savagediver]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

So he, uh, never said anything of the sort, right?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

This guy was investigated by the FBI for involvement in a shady chicago politics style underhand deal, before he is even made president. You're correct that I'm not privy to his or his wife's phonetaps, but it's obvious some kind of deal was going down until TSHTF.

But if you wanna continue thinking that Obama is the lone Chicago political virgin then go ahead.

Anyhow, this is off topic and boring.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
OK OK... HOLD up...

SO Obama is MUSLIM and a ZIONIST?

Can someone please explain how this works???

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

No, what you don't realize is that I don't care what religions he may or may not have been exposed to. He is employed by a secular government and he lives in a country that allows someone to practice religions freely.

yea you are right we have freedom of religion but if he is commenting a sin (by claiming he believes in the christian god and really believes in allah, "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammed is the prophet of Allah" that is the creed) what other sins is obama going to comment? note: he is only claiming to be christian because majority rules and christianity is the majority. if he came out and said he is a muslim he would be claimed a terrorist and no1 would have voted for him because the gov't has made the tax payers believe that every muslim is a terrorist im am sry islam is a very loving/caring religion we give our extras to the poor and unlike christians we do not accept any gov't help(welfare,foodstamps,disability) and everywhere we go people disrespect my girlfriend and i. from what bush and israel put into peoples heads btw im a white muslim that was born in a christian family

[edit on 18-1-2009 by wise words spoken]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
No personal reaction to any of the posts here, I just need to quickly jump ahead and make this plain statement. There is the possibility that the national media is really EXPLOITING this matter of "what religion" to the point that it becomes a real stinkin fuss which it never needed to become. Really. Are we gonna impeach Obama if he's catholic or if he's a jew? As a practicing CHRISTIAN, I am looking for a president who will help our country and that is a Godly thing ENOUGH with all the superficial blaaaahhh.
Some people thought that George W. Bush came in on a U,F.O. but he did not try to ban the right to bear arms so I trusted him, A little bit.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by defendant
Some people thought that George W. Bush came in on a U,F.O. but he did not try to ban the right to bear arms so I trusted him, A little bit.

obama is gonna try to take our guns away so we cant defend ourselfs from them!!! most importantly we cant defend our own freaking land!!! it is in my faith to obey all laws but if obama bans our guns im not giving my pride to the gov't!!! come big or dont come at all! obama can not help this country, not even the people that are ordering obama.. just make sure you have camouflage,food and enough ammo to supply a army because "the last day in times are surly here"(rza)

[edit on 18-1-2009 by wise words spoken]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
God.......................The man is not even in office yet! Does it even matter what Religion he is? Damn, give him a frigin chance! Don't be so "nic picky" like the mainstream media! Chill!!! Sorry, I am just sick to death of "obama-gotcha" stuff! Bush did a terrible job of makin choices as did ALL other Presidents before him! Nobody is perfect except for Jesus Christ, imop! RELAX!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wise words spoken
this is not a thread for bashing obama or muslims just your thoughts on his faith

Really? You certainly seem to have arrived with you agenda at the ready...

ive been trying to stumble on something like this for awhile..

That is what you have been looking for? Not a way to make this country better, better off, or anything that might help mankind but this? Hope it was worth the effort.

also if anyone has a link on obama ever visiting mecca plz give me a source

Smells like desperation in wanting to be able to label this man a liar, a Muslim or both.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
I don't believe that the president of the United States should be of muslim faith and living in the White House of Americia. Just seems very, very wrong to me.
Peace,
Grandma

No worries, NEVER gonna happen, president of USA cannot have freedom of religion...(unless he is Christian, lol)

Being Christian is one of the requirements for the job, period.

Baby-boomer society of America and red-neck SSI subscriber pot growing meth smoking 3 times/week church going bunch (who actually DO cling to their weapons and faith, lol) would NEVER EVER vote for someone of Islamic fate or God forbid Atheist

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
In the UK the Queen is the head of the church (Church of England) hence it's a christian country. The president of the US isn't the head of the church, so surely there is no requirement for the president to be a christian is there?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I saw the clip where he said "...My Muslem Faith, uh my Christian Faith..."

This happened during the campaign, I think it was on the Rick Warren non-debate, debate.

I was pretty surprised by it. His team and the pundits quickly dismissed it as a simple slip of the tongue.

I have traveled around the world, to many countries where the majority professed a different Faith to me. I cannot imagine ever making a slip of the tongue like that. Unless he is saying different things to different people and he simply got his talking points crossed up.

It will be interesting to see what he does as President and which Sabbath he observes. I guess then we will see which Faith he really follows.

By the way, I also find it interesting that his former Pastor of 20 years was a Black Muslem before his conversion. Although the Rev. Wright professes Christianity, he maintains a close relationship with Louis Farakan and his sermons often borrow from Farakan. So, although the label is different, the message is the same.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Bald Champion

OK OK... HOLD up...

SO Obama is MUSLIM and a ZIONIST?

Can someone please explain how this works???

Raised with multiple religious disciplines, it is hard for me not to account certain attributes to the lesson that learned them.
The Buddist looks at life through meditatation and understands great worldly sacrifice. The Hindu in me doesn't eat Beef and has a great reverance for all creation. The Jew in me doesn't eat pork and believes in reciting prayer. The Sikh in me keeps my questions to god and wears unshorn hair. The Catholic in me believes in confession, imagery, and angels-as well as atonement for small sins. The muslim in me knows to lay belly flat and not uplift my eyes.... The christian in me...well...the christian in me knows that there is a freedom of religion claus built in just for people like me.

Maybe the thought that he was thinking at the time, and his depth behind it, was connecting in his mind to the lesson for where he learned it--which in that particular sentence was Muslim.

Just saying. His muslim faith, his christian faith. It may be possible for him to view them as one in the same.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luciferdescending

Really? You certainly seem to have arrived with you agenda at the ready...

That is what you have been looking for? Not a way to make this country better, better off, or anything that might help mankind but this? Hope it was worth the effort.

Smells like desperation in wanting to be able to label this man a liar, a Muslim or both.

the only way i can help mankind is to spread my faith and teach the children the truth about corruptness of the six billion dollar man(united states) first they trick you then vinceably kill you then they use technology to rebuild you this whole plan was a perfect scam, six is the limitation of the devil in the millions of square miles of land that he settles. also the corruptness of the entire world

i mean come on man people are being tought that the almightly god is spook in the sky that you cant see with the visible eye

rebuild the recontructional terms thats destructive as we destory the negative germs thats destructive, rule of zig zag zig allah

and yes i do want to label obama as a liar because he was swarn in with the qur'an when he was elected for governor and now hes being swarn in with the 'holy bible' that abraham lincoln was swarn in with and if you really get down to it abraham was evil so that makes me think obama is evil

wisdom is the wise words spoken

[edit on 19-1-2009 by wise words spoken]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Just saying. His muslim faith, his christian faith. It may be possible for him to view them as one in the same.

they are very similar faiths as well as jewish faith.. In Islam, there is only one god, God (Allah). The Word of God has been presented to man by a succession of prophets, the greatest of whom are Abraham (Ibrahim), Moses (Musa), Jesus (Isa) and Mohammed (Muhammed). christian and jewish faiths are differant (i dont know details) a christian dont say "my muslim faith" and a muslim dont say "my christian faith" same with jews. a man that has true beliefs dont slip up

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wise words spoken

Well then...maybe he was so used to saying "My muslim faith" during his governorship that when he converted to christianity, he wasn't used to saying "My christian faith"???

I believe that muslim/christians and sikhs/jews are more similarly paired, because in muslim/christian there are prophets viewed as channels to god. And in sikh/jew there is god and prophets that are not so much viewed as gods unto themselves; Moses/Nanak et al/-and the books of prayer without the 'middle man'-the prophet is not viewed as god.

Maybe muslims don't view mohammad as god in the way that christians view jesus as god, but it sure does seem like it to me.

Anyways, I don't give a turd what Obama believes. Only in whether he attempts to force those belief's off onto me.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

Mohammed is the last prophet of god not god. forgive me if im wrong but i thought that christians have to go thru gods son, jesus to get to god himself

obama is muslim!! playing christian to domnate this freaking world!!!

study penguin scriptures then youll realize what extremist muslims and the chinese are trying to do

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Once again I would suggest if you truly want to deny ignorance you will watch the "whole" clip not just an 11 sec. gaffe that someone with a political agenda put up on youtube. He clearly says what I mean is "John Mccain" he hasnt suggested I am a muslim. If you are not willing to see the whole convesation in context you are hugging to ignorance and just wanting to believe what ya want to believe instead of the truth.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
regardless of religion obama is not going to beable to protect this country, he will not protect us from the nwo, we have to rely on each other and form together... the brainwashed dont know to stock up on food, water, guns, and ammo. so we who know about it should stock up for them. we could go to war with our own military tomorrow. are yall ready? if obama is really muslim he believes that the word of god is to intervene with sin.. we are already in hell but a more painful hell awaits us

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join